Is it true the Seniors always look down on First Year Freshmans? (1 Viewer)

mylucky9

HSC
Well I'm neither of the two, just a HSC student this year. So about the question... tell me all about it. What do you really think of those fresh meat?

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I've never heard anyone use the words "Seniors" and "Freshmans". I thought it was an American thing...
Answering the question, Idk. Probably.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well I'm neither of the two, just a HSC student this year. So about the question... tell me all about it. What do you really think of those fresh meat?
It's uni

One of the hardest questions to answer is "What year is this person in?"

That said, I did see a friend of mine at the O-Week Dance Pants party and I'm like: "Hey, what are you doing here?" And he's like "GONNA HIT ON FIRST YEARS!!!!" (he eventually got one girl's number)

and before anyone asks what i was doing there, i was entertaining a few bos-ers

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, no one uses those terms, and no one really cares what year you're in.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Don't use 'senior' or 'freshman'.

Barely know what degree people are doing let alone what year of study they're in - none of it matters.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
My microeconomics tute is filled with 3rd year engineering students and international students

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Saw some asian glama wearing high heels and I actually face palmed myself
haha yeah

I also notice a lot of Asian girls walk around uni during winter time in miniskirts.

I sit there in a jacket long pants and everything going: "what even".

dunno

some people...

It's like I was talking to this girl in my English lecture, she saw some girl in really short shorts come in and she said to me: "Why even bother wearing pants?"

enoilgam

HSC
It's uni

One of the hardest questions to answer is "What year is this person in?"
True, however

This ^

You can always pick out the new comers by the way they dress for the first few weeks.
This is also true in the first couple weeks (especially with the girls). You can also spot first years by the amount of equipment they carry (laptop, pens ALL their textbooks). Most people in the later years are much more sparse when it comes to bringing equipment into uni.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can also spot first years by the amount of equipment they carry (laptop, pens ALL their textbooks). Most people in the later years are much more sparse when it comes to bringing equipment into uni.
Or any textbook

izzy88

HSC
The terms are only used in the residential colleges - in which case, yes, there is some form of heirarchy between seniors and fresh - but its only going to come up in a residential college setting. And it isn't that seniors look down on fresh, its just that seniors may get preferential treatment in some ways (eg. picking of rooms). The terms aren't used in actual university. No one even knows what years people are in. :)

asari

HSC
haha yeah

I also notice a lot of Asian girls walk around uni during winter time in miniskirts.

I sit there in a jacket long pants and everything going: "what even".

dunno

some people...

It's like I was talking to this girl in my English lecture, she saw some girl in really short shorts come in and she said to me: "Why even bother wearing pants?"
It's funny how it's all about Asian girls haha

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i know as a fact the higher years in my course are actually tremendously helpful people

asari

HSC
Can't wait for uni: bye bye school uniform :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)