is law ok?? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
why would you transfer after second year anyway??? i mean com'on, if you do a non-Law degree for two years, you might as well complete the damn thing.... :rolleyes:

there is nothing wrong with graduate law ppl...

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Lazarus
I don't think you can transfer to undergraduate combined law if you've completed more than one year.
oh, i was just refering to any course in general, not law in particular ...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
a frnd of mine [Will_wang] wants full fee law... laz... wot do you think the cutoff'll be this yr... considering usyd cutting places n alldat plus rising demand... n also my gf alos wants to do law in 2005... wot do you think the cut off for hecs'll be then....

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Asquithian
i dont think the UAI is an idication of intelligence...however yes...its the best way we can measure 'abilities'
UAI measures itself :rolleyes: It's completely distorted way of viewing the world if you sit there judging people "oh i got this, they got that, i must be smarter or more intelligent...." Also just coz u got a good uai doesn't mean u'll do well in law which requires a different kind of thinking/commitment...

My family friend was telling me about a girl from her school who failed *every subject* and was an absolute ditz, but her parents paid for her through law school (this was overseas, so there was a bit more room for bribery/corruption) and she's now some renowned legal expert. Law and her just *clicked* :p

sei

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
laz was replying to *rude* who said he is hoping to get an uai of mid 80....there is a big differnce between mid 80 and 95 .
I wasn't referring to anything he said, I was bringing up the point.. ;)

Originally posted by timmii
Also just coz u got a good uai doesn't mean u'll do well in law which requires a different kind of thinking/commitment...
that's what I was trying to get at!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The UAI is not an indicator of intelligence or relative expertise in any particular field ("absolute expert in the sciences and 4u maths") but rather a measure of scholastic ability - to what extent students have the study skills necessary to succesfully complete tertiary study relative to their peers.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

I don't think you can transfer to undergraduate combined law if you've completed more than one year.
you can...

Originally posted by Frigid
why would you transfer after second year anyway??? i mean com'on, if you do a non-Law degree for two years, you might as well complete the damn thing....
Because I think it still works the same way as getting accepted into a combined degree first up...instead of say do 3 years for arts then 3 years for law. You do 5 years for both...sames time. But Im completely sure about this though...I can prolly check with some people I know that transferred into law after there second year.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It wouldn't be the same thing though, because in second yeas you need to take two or so (I think) law subjects instead of the elective subjects you would have had in a single degree. Since you've missed those subjects you'll have to stay an extra semester to do do all the subjects required to qualify for LLB.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
can we discuss this after frigid gets his uber-high uai? :D

okay, maybe not, considering today's maths ext. paper... but it will not take away my dream of usyd law :rolleyes:... *sigh*

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
jessika is correct ....lexi your wrong :p
:rolleyes: it's been a year since my in-depth analysis of law-entry options, leave me alone. Arts/Med is far more important to me anyway. :D

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by jessika
you can...

Because I think it still works the same way as getting accepted into a combined degree first up...instead of say do 3 years for arts then 3 years for law. You do 5 years for both...sames time. But Im completely sure about this though...I can prolly check with some people I know that transferred into law after there second year.
At UNSW, after 2005, u will no longer be able to transfer into Combined Law if u have more than 1 year of tertiary education.

And transferring after 2nd year would indeed be hectic, coz u'd be doing 1st and 2nd year and 3rd yr law courses ALL in your 3rd year (1st yr of law)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
so does that mean that first yr is quite easy?? is it cuz not that mani ppl work hard, and the pplz who do usualli get distinction avg and hence they can transfer? hence the large influx of transferees?

timmii

sporadic attendee
It depends who you ask. remember most ppl did get 95+ to get in, rather than the 80+ required for arts...

But you're right its not too hard (or at least at usyd), there's not much required in the way of essays etc - which was what was most time consuming at school.

Truly - weird question, i know, but were u at prior yesterday afternoon?

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
hmmm. atm, i'm looking at the option of transferring, cos i don't think my performance so far warrants a 99.5+ UAI

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mic
cos i don't think my performance so far warrants a 99.5+ UAI
even if usyd law was 110+ UAI it wouldn't stop me from dreaming... mic, the difficulty barrier is only in your mind; if you choose to ignore it, nothing can stop you. :determined:

and anyway, we've got marijuana latin; addictive, crazy-scaling, suckedin rest of state! :p

in the words of truly:
LAW FOREVER!!!

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
marijuana latin lol!!! u gotta do well before it goes high!

I've still got 4 units of exams i guess. maybe i can make something outta it. hope for the best and prepare for the worst (not that it will be the end of the world if i don't get what i want)

is a roflcopter
HSC
i have 4 units left as well

i hope we can finally crush your pathetic school into the ashes and assert our rightful place as the soveriegns of moore park muahahahah......erm....yeah. :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
Truly - weird question, i know, but were u at prior yesterday afternoon?

nope...i dont go to prior.....i reckon rob that guy is a grreedy filthy capitalist to da max his motto is *well if u cant pay, then i guess i cant help u then* hahah egotastical filthy rich bastard...

but why? saw someone with my jersey? hahah

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
i have 4 units left as well

i hope we can finally crush your pathetic school into the ashes and assert our rightful place as the soveriegns of moore park muahahahah......erm....yeah. :p
Whatever Newbie...you don't do Latin either, that automatically puts you at the bottom of the pile :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
cruel !

true though
i have business studies instead of latin
every mark you get is equivalent to 2 of mine

injustice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)