Is Public Schools gonna Kick Private Schools?? (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by snow bum

2. You are under the assumption that the UAI is the only thing people go to school for 13 years for. That is a very narrow minded view, but then again you probably attend one of those schools dubbed 'UAI factories'. :)
Tell me this, who here in year 12 is NOT going for a UAI?? And what proportion of people are not applying for a UAI to get the tertiary education? 2%?? 5%??
Of course UAI is the first priority people complete year 12 :)

marko

here's some of my thoughts in no particular order:
1. of course any selective school will beat any non selective schools (public or private)

2. i go to a non-selective, non-private school right out near the bottom of the mountains (western sydney).. and i couldnt be happier with the last 13 odd years of school.

3. Personally, i have more respect for public school teachers, as thy have to put up with a lot of shit from the wide wide range of kids. some are absolutely brilliant but have chosen to stay in the public system (feel free to criticise)

4. this chick in my year is on target for 100, yet there's probably less than 15 people that will actually make over 90 in my year.. now given the relatively poor resources (eg. our english teacher gives out notes which we have to summarise and give back so they can be used again next year), and severe lack of competiton, its a fair acheivement to maintain such focus, while being universally teased for being a 'geek' (nb turned down an offer to ruse)

5. im out of thoughts for a second, enough opinion for one afternoon

(see you all at the business faculty of usyd next year :D)

snow bum

Banned
Originally posted by Survivor39
Tell me this, who here in year 12 is NOT going for a UAI?? And what proportion of people are not applying for a UAI to get the tertiary education? 2%?? 5%??
Of course UAI is the first priority people complete year 12 :)
Has that been your main priority for the last 13 years of education? I pity you if that is so.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by snow bum
Has that been your main priority for the last 13 years of education? I pity you if that is so.

no, only this year that i really started thinking about the importance of this UAI is going to change my life :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)