• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is St. George the way to go? (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of people here seem 2 be considering St George as an option? is it good? is it hard to close an account and transfer money?

let us discuss st. george, because it seems 2 be getting a lot of air time here

tempco

HSC
<3 my multiaccess card.

other than that, it's nothing special. internet banking is a pain (speaking from an ebayer's point of view, i.e. transferring money between 2 accounts is a long process where you have to fill in forms, etc, etc.).

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
<3 my multiaccess card.

other than that, it's nothing special. internet banking is a pain (speaking from an ebayer's point of view, i.e. transferring money between 2 accounts is a long process where you have to fill in forms, etc, etc.).
ah I <3 my multicaccess card too:)
I like st george internet banking, its simple and easy. All you have to do is set up a third party account then transfer money from your account another persons account. I do this when I buy things for the net all the time, saves time going to the bank:)

tempco

HSC
no. even if you choose credit, it still withdraws from you savings.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I wish I'd gone with St George and signed up for a multiaccess card. It would make shopping online sooo much easier.

tempco

HSC
asscookie said:
I wish I'd gone with St George and signed up for a multiaccess card. It would make shopping online sooo much easier.
exactly the reason why i got it :D

plus, you can withdraw money from your account during a credit purchase for no charge.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
natstar said:
With the account im going for you get 10 free transactions per month

Thats what I have presently. Its called "Freedom Account" cus if you have more than 5k you get unlimited withdrawals BUT you get little to no interest (I've been with it for maybe 2years or so with about 8k in there and I've gotten 7cents interest!!!) So basically its pretty boring

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i hate how internet banking , doesnt record transaction details until next day. fucking confuses me sometimes

klh

HSC
really? i didnt know tha if you press credit it still withdrawels from the account...i read the instructions and it tell me to press savings so i do.
actually isnt it called freedom student? um, it doesnt charge many fees if you use its branded atms and has 10 free transactions and no annual fees etc. so thts why low interest. if you want some interest from st. george, have a look at st georges version of internet accounts-the direct saver? basically its like the Bank west thing 5.xx% interest but its st geroge version.

i just go tthis account for the free 10 trasnactions and the nice visa symbol...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
nekkid said:
<3 my multiaccess card.
agreed. once my student card expired, i had no doubts nor second thoughts about getting a multi-access card.

As for st george, i've been banking with them for as long as I can remember and I've had no complaints.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
so what does the multiaccess card have..?
what does it have that the student account doesn't?

tempco

HSC
a multiaccess card uses the visa credit card network, except all the funds are from your savings. so you have a credit card number, instead of a bank card number... easier for internet purchases, paypal, etc.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i wanna open an acount with the national cos u only pay $3 a month and u get unlimited electronic transactions

tahts the best of all cos im not a full time student

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I've always been sceptical of banks because of their ridiculous fees and shit customer service, but then I realised that was just with Commonwealth. I've changed to St George and I must say (so far) they are awesome. Right from the start when I opened the account over the phone I got great customer service, and yesterday when I went to get my debit card I walked in and got served straight away, with a nice lady. As for fees, I won't pay any unless I exceed 10 transactions a month

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
When you sign keep in mind how much you will get charged once your not a student, we aernt students forever.

fatmuscle

HSC
Advantages of St George:

If you have a personal account, the multiaccess card is GREAT!!!

Links to your Dargon Direct account if you have one (5.25% interest) ?

You can still do BPay and all that jazz.

Disadvantages:

Although it does have online banking features, to transfer money to a different account, it might take you some time to set this up. Not as straight forward as Commbank. But still doable.

Personally, I like my st george account, cos i've got 3 other accounts with it, and I can manage them all online through the one interface.
But i still love my commonwealth netbank :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)