Originally posted by needtostudy

yeh i agree
i wonder if standard doesn't scale u up but down
any one know ?
scales down pretty crap, unless you got in the top 1%

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by jessika

hate to shatter your dreams...band 6 = almost impossible.
nothing is impossible.

if we all live by that for the hsc, we will all try and do well..

band 6.. here i come :cool: or at least mid to high band 5 :D

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by Shocker_85

how?
do u have any suggestions on how to study for english?
and how to improve?

i want to get Band 5...
read more books, i found out that if u speak and be friends with the 3u eng ppls or the adv eng ppls, you will learn their language ;),, which most of the time is quite... hard and mature.. compared with standard eng's standards :eek:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
At our school 15/20 is like a brilliant mark. We have really tough markers though.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by tt_j65

nothing is impossible.

if we all live by that for the hsc, we will all try and do well..

band 6.. here i come :cool: or at least mid to high band 5 :D
hehe i liked your confidence!!!

i guess im being writing several essays already.. im trying to be like advanced people who skipped ahead and read the novels already <-- good preparation

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
Did you know that the top 1% of the state last year only got around the mid seventies area for English after scaling? :(
Ive asked my English head teacher to move me back up to Advanced... *fingers crossed*

Santa

PuuWA!!
HSC
I am in year 11 this year and currently doing english standard.
Last year, when we got to choose our subjects, I chose english advance. I was allowed to do it, but the head teacher put me on probation (lots of other people too were put on probation).
So a few days later, I went back to the head teacher and told her to change me down to standard.

Since starting year 11 this year, english standard is full of people who want nothing more than to get out of class. I am dumb struck by the fact they still go to school, even though it is 100% obvious they would rather be somewhere else.

So now I am having to put up with constant stopping of the lesson. The teacher is nutz. He doesnt do anything to punish them.

I have just applied to change my chemistry class to legal studies.. though havent yet handed in the form. I can also change english standard to advance, but I would have to rearrange my timetable... which means having different teachers.. (because I also do fundamentals.. so I would need to change that to religion, but religion is in a different line.. so.. it all gets messy)

How many of you think I should change? and overhaul my timetable?? I need to do this by the 10-2-03 if I am going to do so. The teachers I have now are OK.

Thanks

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
welps , if you realli wanted to do advacned then changes to your timetable wont do much harm unless you dont wnana change due to teh subjects. If i were in your position i would change coz advanced is better then crappy standard. Change now before its too late and you might regreted it

needtostudy

in standard its really hard to get band 6 almost impossbile, last year in my school one student got band 5 shows how hard it is, may be my school is not intellectual. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i dont see why you cant achieve a decent mark ... but first off make sure you come first in standard (if your at a non-selective or private-school-that-consistently-does-not-do-well) ... secondly, get a tutor ... thirdly work hard ... and thats all you can do ... i mean scaling for the top 1% isnt that bad ... (well, compared to advanced it is, but dont let it get you down) ... thats life ...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
yeah i got 1st in the year in standard at one stage-LOL. And remeber your ranks get sent to the BOS.
The only thing about standard is that you cant get band 6- becuz according to the BOS its completley impossible for standard ppl to get that high-mmmmmmmm itsent that discrimination???????
Considering no-one has replied to this comment yet, let me point out that it's actually not impossible, and the Board certainly never said it was. It's just very hard to demonstrate that you're a band 6 student on the standard paper. :)

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Considering no-one has replied to this comment yet, let me point out that it's actually not impossible, and the Board certainly never said it was. It's just very hard to demonstrate that you're a band 6 student on the standard paper. :)
fact is.. if u get band 6 in the standard paper, why didnt you do advanced english??

i couldnt because the adv class was full :rolleyes:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

fact is.. if u get band 6 in the standard paper, why didnt you do advanced english??

i couldnt because the adv class was full :rolleyes:
haha cuz i took all the spots:D

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by natstar
well thats not fair a class being full. I mean its english the only friggen compulsory subject!

i reckon..

but i believe im better off in standard, rather than being in adv

:eek:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

i reckon..

but i believe im better off in standard, rather than being in adv

:eek:
yeah life in standard tt_j65 with art?? argue argue!

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

oi i need a cd key for hot pursuit 2 go online
this isnt a chatting forum.. pm me if u want to ask a q

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

this isnt a chatting forum.. pm me if u want to ask a q
u sound like a mod.. hehe ok i'll pm u why don't u just go online?:mad:

Patch

I'm usually crap at english so I did standard.I ended up getting 72 for it (my best eng mark ever) but I still consider english, esp. standard english the most useless subject at school.ENGLISH should not be compulsory, otherwise make mathematics compulsory too and screw everyone up (esp. those english orientated students).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)