is standard crappY? (1 Viewer)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
well hey some skools don't even offer standard. just so it doesn't wreck their "image"

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
well hey some skools don't even offer standard. just so it doesn't wreck their "image"
poor poor selective school students... they are all forced into doing adv eng :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by tt_j65

poor poor selective school students... they are all forced into doing adv eng :p
ah.. they aint poor. they don't pay skool fees. they rich:D

tt_j65

HSC

ah.. they aint poor. they don't pay skool fees. they rich:D
dang, no wonder all my selective school friends are so RICH

:eek:

:p ok.choosing stardard english is touch and go, depending on your ability.If you put in the work in english advanced, you will get scaled up a crap load.If you perform crap in advance you may regret getting scaled up a little better in english standard if you could have done really well in that.Sometimes, especially with me the lower standard students pull your efforts down in class work.If you know you're in a top class you always give your best performance as you're pressured to by the insane competitiveness of other students.The level of enthusiasm with the competition in standard resulted in a hsc mark of 75 for me.I think i would have tried harder in advanced.Up to you though.

SoFTuaRiaL

ok, always remember, just coz students in ur class r crappy, it dusnt mean standard is !!!! well, they do mark u down a bit, but hey, the highest uai for someone doing standard from the class o '02 was 99+. also, 8 students from our skool got 90+ uai's doin std. ok fine, if ure goin for a 100, thats not ur choice, but i did std and ended up doin well ........... :D
ps : i got 92

tt_j65

HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
ok, always remember, just coz students in ur class r crappy, it dusnt mean standard is !!!! well, they do mark u down a bit, but hey, the highest uai for someone doing standard from the class o '02 was 99+. also, 8 students from our skool got 90+ uai's doin std. ok fine, if ure goin for a 100, thats not ur choice, but i did std and ended up doin well ........... :D
ps : i got 92
you give me hope.. band 6 here i come :cool:

tt_j65

HSC

haha. band 6 with riefler haha.. oops i mentioned a teacher by name
its rachel actually :p (or something like that)

reifler is her surname :p:p:p :D

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
well i did standard last yr and my advice would b for ppl to do advanced, cos it scales so dam shit.
no1 got in band 6, and only 1.1% got in band 5, i got 75,, dunno where that puts me, but i reckon if i had done advanced english my UAI would have been alot higher, even if its only 0.5 more and that makes all the difference in whether u make it in a course or not, trust me i know.

and if u think about it theres not much diff btwn advanced and standard,bcos u both do the same AOS.
anywayz, its prolly too late for u's to change, just stick with it and hope for the best

Santa

PuuWA!!
HSC
My std english class is full of people who don't want to learn and who would be better off looking for a job now (though hardly anyone would employ them). This is what led me and five other of my friends (with the permission/signatures of our parents) to write a letter to the head teacher of english to state our concerns. We'll probably get a reply in a few days time.

In the mean time, we are going to have an assessment where we have 50mins to write about "change and perspective" with supporting material to state our point (which we have to collect). I have heard that our english classes may change according to what results come from that assessment in two weeks time.

Hope I get good results so I may be able to learn something in English this year.

craz

HSC
english standard

I actually think standard english is hard. I think it shouldn't be compulsory, but without it I couldn't do Modern History that well. Yeah well I think standard is crappy. Most of my class is standard and half of them don't even understand English! (at an international school!) and most in my class i believe shouldn't even be doing the HSC! Changing self, Lawson, Witness, Bruce Dawe etc....okay interesting stuff but analysing it and writing about it is hard! good luck everyone! I don't expect to get a high mark at all

tt_j65

HSC
Re: english standard

Originally posted by craz
I actually think standard english is hard. I think it shouldn't be compulsory, but without it I couldn't do Modern History that well. Yeah well I think standard is crappy. Most of my class is standard and half of them don't even understand English! (at an international school!) and most in my class i believe shouldn't even be doing the HSC! Changing self, Lawson, Witness, Bruce Dawe etc....okay interesting stuff but analysing it and writing about it is hard! good luck everyone! I don't expect to get a high mark at all
international school?

guessing ur from hk, what is your schools name? its interesting... international schools :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)