Is standard english THAT bad? (1 Viewer)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, If i finished with an English raw mark of about 75

What do you think it would get rounded off to?

I know it depends how bad every 1 else does...

But could you give me a range

like will it drop my ATAR alot? or just abit

coz i need an ATAR of 80 :)

I can get band 5s for everything except english :/
Raw mark of 75 should be good enough for band 5 in English.

ArmenianBoy

HSC
Thanks alot!!

By the way, I havent started my creative writing yet lol

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can write about?

I have some, but they're not very original

ArmenianBoy

HSC
Im only saying 75 coz i have no idea what Im going to do for my Creative Writing Question

I just need a good title and ill make it a band 6 story :(

I only have.. Hitler, and how ppl joined him coz they wanted to belong to a group.. lol

lvella10

HSC
I'm sitting on 94% for standard english with only the trial and hsc to go .. I'm ranked 2nd internally at a school ranked 114th, however were top 20 for standard last year .. Large cohort too with approx 200 in the course .. Could I state rank granted I do well externally? I.e match my internal marks..

seanieg89

HSC
Scaling is pretty rape (in a bad way), but it isn't hard to score reasonably well given the marking criteria and the competition.

I did std for the sake of having a cruisier year 12 and not having to spend as much time as I would have to for adv. My end aligned mark was 85, and I think it would have taken more effort on my part to obtain the same mark in adv.

It all depends on your aims I guess, as the extra marks per extra unit of effort drop off very quickly in standard compared to advanced.

TheBloop

HSC
I'm sitting on 94% for standard english with only the trial and hsc to go .. I'm ranked 2nd internally at a school ranked 114th, however were top 20 for standard last year .. Large cohort too with approx 200 in the course .. Could I state rank granted I do well externally? I.e match my internal marks..
If both you and first place get 94+ in the HSC exam then yes.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
What raw mark would you need to get an ~80?

lvella10

HSC
If both you and first place get 94+ in the HSC exam then yes.
In saying that, First place is 1% higher internally. If he gets say 90 and presume I'm the one who obtains 94% externally, what would happen then?

TheBloop

HSC
In saying that, First place is 1% higher internally. If he gets say 90 and presume I'm the one who obtains 94% externally, what would happen then?
I don't know. You'd probs end up with the same HSC mark overall due to moderation and shit, meaning you'd both get a state rank (or just miss out).

celinedaignault

HSC
My teacher, who is a HSC marker, told me today that last year, a 74 in Advanced meant a band 6. In Standard, you needed to get a 93 for it to equate to a Band 6. So nothing is ever impossible, and we advanced kids are working hard too, but I suggest that you work really really hard. Good luck! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)