Is standard english THAT bad? (1 Viewer)

Dedication_

HSC
Statistics from 2005:
English Standard: 0.2% received Band 6

Statistics from 2006:
English Standard: 0.1% received Band 6

Wentworth

HSC
Standard English is for kids who are being forced to complete year 12, want to study bricklaying at TAFE, and aren't allowed to pick ESL(bogans bro...)

iBibah

HSC
Standard English is for kids who are being forced to complete year 12, want to study bricklaying at TAFE, and aren't allowed to pick ESL(bogans bro...)
If your not trolling, WRONG.

Sindivyn

HSC
I don't see the relevance. Standard English clearly aligns poorly where 91 is a state rank and has similar course structure.

If you have a look, the vast majority that achieve 95+ ATARs did Advanced as opposed to Standard. The max ATAR also shows this being around 99.6 for a Standard student.

Is that the highest ATAR so far? Or an actual ceiling on the ATAR with standard english?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, that was last year. Someone on here got 99.85 with standard or something a few years ago.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
the problem with standard english is that it's not english it's a joke plain and simple people are being deprived of prober english lit i mean for Christ's sake they don;t even do Shakespeare! they mostly do comtem works which lack meaning and depth screw scaling , prober english works are important as they help u to think abstractly a skill that standard kids are deprived off my advice is to avoid it

gr_111

HSC
the problem with standard english is that it's not english it's a joke plain and simple people are being deprived of prober english lit i mean for Christ's sake they don;t even do Shakespeare! they mostly do comtem works which lack meaning and depth screw scaling , prober english works are important as they help u to think abstractly a skill that standard kids are deprived off my advice is to avoid it
bs. I do standard english and one of the texts we are doing is The Merchant of Venice, and thats by William Shakespeare.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems you can't even utilize the English language properly yourself, so why are you criticizing Standard English for??

If you're trolling, then try somewhere else.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
It seems you can't even utilize the English language properly yourself, so why are you criticizing Standard English for??

If you're trolling, then try somewhere else.
im not trolling just stating a fact ... standard kids aren't taught important skills to the extent that adva kids are

Sindivyn

HSC
What raw mark /105 would be required for a band 6?

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Also only about 64 of 50,000 students get a band 6 each year.

So very small odds

Capt Rifle

HSC
Dude, your ranked high in standard English so you should be set.

Besides even if you do crap in it, your rank for extension 2 mathematics will sky rocket your ATAR. At least, that's what I believe...

ella-m

HSC
I done the exact same subjects as you in high school last year (but with shitty ranks) but managed to pull a 98.2, so don't worry... theres no point. Currently i'm doing Actuarial Studies with that ATAR having done standard english. You'll be fine :D The only thing that matters honestly is what you want to go on to do after high school, and there no one asks about your ATAR...

Sindivyn

HSC
I done the exact same subjects as you in high school last year (but with shitty ranks) but managed to pull a 98.2, so don't worry... theres no point. Currently i'm doing Actuarial Studies with that ATAR having done standard english. You'll be fine :D The only thing that matters honestly is what you want to go on to do after high school, and there no one asks about your ATAR...
That's encouraging to hear, thanks :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)