Is the social life at UNSW really as bad as people say? (1 Viewer)

Dreck

HSC
Hey I'm HSC this year, and still tossing up what uni to go to next year. Everyone (and I mean everyone) tells me that the social life at UNSW is absolute crap compared to USYD... no clubs, no social events or anything, you get the picture.

If any UNSW students could tell me how they've found it it'd be much appreciated.

...I mean, it can't be that bad, can it?

Tim035

HSC
There is definatly a lot of events run every semester at UNSW, a lot of parties at the roundhouse etc...
However UNSW does have a higher population of Asians who do nothing but sleep, eat and study, which can give the impression of an antisocial uni.
From the parties and events I've been to at Manning bar, I would say they are on par with those at the roundhouse, however the atmosphere tends to be a lot better!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Is the social life at UNSW really as bad as people say?

Dreck said:
Hey I'm HSC this year, and still tossing up what uni to go to next year. Everyone (and I mean everyone) tells me that the social life at UNSW is absolute crap compared to USYD... no clubs, no social events or anything, you get the picture.

If any UNSW students could tell me how they've found it it'd be much appreciated.

...I mean, it can't be that bad, can it?
There are clubs and social events at UNSW.
If it was a one-legged rotten USYD person who said that they need to have a 12-foot red-hot pole rammed up their ass.
There are numerous clubs and you can see for yourself in O-Week, there are dozens of clubs of your choice you can join.
There are other social events now and then hosted more often than I can find an zero or infinite as a radius of convergence for power series I have worked on during stuvac.

Dreck

HSC
politik said:
We have the largest number of clubs at any University, the best O-Week in NSW, and more social events that you can pack into your degree, so tell 'everyone' to shut the fuck up.
Cheers mate. Will do.

Mumma

HSC
Funny, because this years unsw oktoberfest seemed to have every single damn student in Sydney trying to get in.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Tim035 said:
There is definatly a lot of events run every semester at UNSW, a lot of parties at the roundhouse etc...
However UNSW does have a higher population of Asians who do nothing but sleep, eat and study, which can give the impression of an antisocial uni.
From the parties and events I've been to at Manning bar, I would say they are on par with those at the roundhouse, however the atmosphere tends to be a lot better!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i came to unsw because of the social life and i dont regret coming here at all.

social. reflects my poor academic record haha. enough said.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
ITT: defensive UNSWers fight for their homeland.
Go study for your hsc o8er. You haven't even left highschool yet.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
regardless social life is depended on you.

unsw social rocks.

HSC
UNSW definitely has a great social life. Just depends where you go. The roundhouse parties are generally the best, not packed to the brim like Oktoberfest. The college kids are a real integral part of it, really put effort into costumes etc and are always plastered to make sure everything is pumping. Although there are heaps of asians who have no idea about social life which is probably why UNSW has that reputation to a degree.

Scissors

HSC
my cousin who does law at unsw says that its social life is pretty crummy. he just goes, does what he needs to do, and goes home.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Scissors said:
my cousin who does law at unsw says that its social life is pretty crummy. he just goes, does what he needs to do, and goes home.
no wonder he thinks its crummy

Scissors

HSC
uhawww said:
no wonder he thinks its crummy
yeah, i guess you're right. i also think he doesn't make much of an effort to get to know people.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
See, thing about UNSW is it's shit.
i believe u ment to say "See, the thing about UNSW is it's the shit."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)