Is this age difference socially acceptable/plausible? (1 Viewer)

Apollo34

HSC
Im a 16yr old male, turning 17 in four months

My little dilemma at the moment is that i like this 20yr old girl, and we've been exchanging interests and hanging out more often for some time now.

Now, what my strategy has been so far was to remain close friends until i turn 17... Than at which time i would ask her out. I would do this then because our age discrepancy would be smaller.
However im getting the feeling that she is expecting me to make a move, and that she isnt bothered by the difference.

At the moment im thinking whether it would be plausible to establish and maintain a relationship with the current age difference? And would it be socially acceptable within the community?

Also would it be wise for me to wait until in 17? Or ask her out now before she asks me out or gets confused with my intentions?

I know its deep and a bigee, but i hope i can get feedback from folks.
PS: Setting is State where 16 is legal age.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Dude. Do whatever you want. Stop overthinking it. Who cares if it's "socially acceptable within the community", if you like her, you like her. People can deal if it's a problem for them. I personally don't think it really matters.

Four years is not a big deal and she doesn't care because pretty much the older you get, the less it matters.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Stop being all "ehhh society, relationships" and go secks her.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yeah you're thinking too much. Maybe it might be an issue when you're 22 and she's 26 and you might be in different state of minds; eg she wants to settle, and you just entered your 20's...

But now you're young, you probably want the same things, go for it, who cares.

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Do it Do it Do it.

What difference will it make if you wait til you're 17? It's not like on the day you turn 17, you'll suddenly mature and it will suddenly be non-taboo. Why wait? She might find some other guy, so you should get in quickly!

amazerxl

HSC
theres this unsaid rule among girls that i've heard of. the minimum they can date is half their age + 7. which means that you should be 17. don't want to disappoint you, maybe u should go ahead either ways.

PrettyVacant

HSC
amazerxl said:
theres this unsaid rule among girls that i've heard of. the minimum they can date is half their age + 7. which means that you should be 17. don't want to disappoint you, maybe u should go ahead either ways.
There is this unsaid rule among girls that I've heard of - never follow unsaid rules among girls that I've heard of.

If she likes you, she's not going to say, "Oh I like you, but I'm OBLIGED to follow this stupid rule so I guess I'm going to have to wait til you're 17." If she says that, she's probably using it as an excuse.

=) My 2 cents.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I am interested in your logic. By waiting 4 months the age difference gets smaller how exactly? Surely she is also going to get 4 months older.

You obviously have the wrong idea because a 20 year old is not going to go out with you so don't waste your time.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
amazerxl said:
He's off 17 by a few months. Oh no. The line is drawn there! If only you were born 4 months earlier...

lengy

HSC
That's almost like me going out with Lilian... go for it! :D

PrettyVacant

HSC
lengy said:
That's almost like me going out with Lilian... go for it! :D
Lol, but he's male. AND ACCORDING TO THAT UNSAID RULE...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh no I broke up wif my bf who I was going out with for 3.7 years n it's been 1.3 yers n im ova him but dey sey dat it takes half teh time u were going out wif dem 2 get ova dem but its not half yet, em i a slut?

Numbers.

We're young, who cares, seriously.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I was going to say wait till you turn 18[apparently when u turn 18 as a male, your life perspective shifts drastically or something, i dunno] but if she is into you now and doesnt care, fuck it HIT THAT SHIT SON!

if you dally she wont be into you anymore, she will move on to older guys or something, whatever. It probably wont last all that long, but enjoy it while you can.

circusmind

HSC
You mean to say you have the opportunity to sleep with a 20yr old but you're here umming and ahhing about it? Fail.

Apollo34

HSC
circusmind said:
You mean to say you have the opportunity to sleep with a 20yr old but you're here umming and ahhing about it? Fail.
Yea but im not just talking about the Wah Wha Wee Waaah, im talking about a relationship that could come from it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)