is this even possible?? (1 Viewer)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
okay, i do year 11 modern history .. and i'm studying JFK, which is a topic in year 12 extension history...
um... i didn't even know it was part of the year 12 extension history syllabus until someone told me :|

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I assume that you are doing the assassination while the HSC course is far more on his presidency - relating to five specific areas.

It is possible to do something in Year 11 that will lead into Year 12 and most Modern teachers will do so.

Another point to remember is that at least one extension topic is actually also on the 2U course - appeasement.

I always do stuff in Year 11 that sets up the study in Year 12 and saves us time in Year 12 (easier in Ancient than Modern actually) but many of the topics in Year 11 actually set up the Year 12 topics.

Last edited:
HSC
I see what you're doing. I know your name; I know you well. And I don't know why you are posting content that does not relate to the thread topic. Reported the post. Adieu. Exeunt.

Edit: This content is suggestive. Need I make myself more clear or are you satisfied with my literacy skills? Signora?
wtf? Cem was just clearing up some questions that jeshxcore was asking. If you have another agenda to pursue - ie proving your 'literacy' skills, find a more appropriate means with which to do it.

HSC
^ @ Schoey93 er... wtf?

Anyways, back to topic - in History Extension, it's more about the historian's views on him ie. the Camelot historians vs 'historians' such as Reeves, and then Robert Dalleck's view as a post revisionist historian.

In Modern History, it's more about his actions. Personally, I find it great you're doing both, since you've covered more ground.

zxreth

HSC
It is not an extension history topic. Just a year 12 modern history topic.

HSC
^ no, I'm sure it's an Extension History Topic.
Considering I spent all that time researching him lol

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
damn.
yeah, i have to research conspiracy theories etc and write an in-class essay. i'm having so much trouble finding information about cuban exiles and secret servicemen -.-

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
I see what you're doing. I know your name; I know you well. And I don't know why you are posting content that does not relate to the thread topic. Reported the post. Adieu. Exeunt.

Edit: This content is suggestive. Need I make myself more clear or are you satisfied with my literacy skills? Signora?
LOL wtf?

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC

is your name wayne kerr by any chance..

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is not an extension history topic. Just a year 12 modern history topic.
The Presidency of JFK is one of the Extension History Case Studies and thus is an examinable topic.

However it is perfectly acceptable to look at the assassination as a Year 11 topic (I actually do it in Year 10 elective History as a means of convincing students to do Modern).

The only real limit that is specified is that teachers shouldn't be teaching the actual examinable syllabus in years other than when they are to be examined. They can teach background or related material in other years/courses. So students doing the assassination shouldn't be studying the different interpretations of the actual presidency but understanding that there were issues within that presidency is fine.

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Schoey is basically just exaggerating his thing where he thought everyone on BoS was from MCK and now he's trolling by pretending he knows everyone on BoS since someone picked up on his idiocy. Reported + ban plz.

Also Year 11 leading into Year 12 is possible. We did Tsar Nicholas for Modern in Year 11 and are now doing Russian Revolution in Year 12. We did Emma/Clueless for 3U in Year 11, now we're doing P&P/Letters to Alice. Heaps of teachers relate Year 11 elective work to Year 12 stuff.

kcqn93

HSC
I'm doing JFK right now for history extension... and its not that great... you look more into the historiography and what historians say about him. :spzz:

Schoey93

HSC
who the fuck do you think you are? cem is a fucking humanities high school teacher.
I make one mistake and this is what you do. Oh you're not related to an ex-friend at all.
Basically, you're weird because of your hate mail/posts directed at me. I refer you to the image you posted of a clown chocking a human being and where you said, "guaranteed career opportunities like this".

Leave me alone.

ilikebeeef

HSC
I make one mistake and this is what you do. Oh you're not related to an ex-friend at all.
Basically, you're weird because of your hate mail/posts directed at me. I refer you to the image you posted of a clown chocking a human being and where you said, "guaranteed career opportunities like this".

Leave me alone.
It's hard to leave you alone when the quality of your posts continue to be that low. Why don't you leave the people who need reliable advice alone, rather than waste forum space with your waffle?

Last edited:

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Leave me alone.
Chocking? I don't postnatal has ever done anything to you ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)