Is this some kind of scam? (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

I sold me Xbox on eBay and got this email from the buyer:

Dear Seller,
I will like to inform you that i am the winner of your ebay item.I want to purchase these Item for a friend oversea as a gift,He works with the America refineries Industries there in West Africa Due to my workload, i might not be checking my mails often.I want you to find out the shipping cost of the item to him in Nigeria Via Australia express post international(EMS) Delivery (www.auspost.com.au ) and get back to me with the total.Hope the package will get to him in good condition? ..What is the present condition of this item and does it comes in it's original box and full accessories?.I will be paying you for the item via Bank Deposit, so get back to me with your full Bank details where payment will be deposited to or if you prefer to be paid via postal money order, then get back to me with your full name and address where payment will be sent to.
THANKS.

This is suss right?

K

katie_tully

Hahahaha.

Why do you have to find out the cost of shipping to Nigeria?

And this is a bit suss...

so get back to me with your full Bank details where payment will be deposited to or if you prefer to be paid via postal money order, then get back to me with your full name and address where payment will be sent to.
Isn't there paypal or some shit?

K

katie_tully

Then again, after reading that twice I think he wants you to find out postage so he can add the cost of postage to the total of the Ebay item.

Maybe he's just limited in English and we automatically assume most Nigerians are dodgy.

Coz they are.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Give him everything,
if its a scam im sure interpol would help out. :rolleyes:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Report it to ebay, check his feedback and credibility, ask if he can pay by paypal, etc.

Evilo

HSC
i agree with above, give him your credit card details and he'll sort it out for you :)

GreenLeaf

consultant
HSC
N/A
I dont understand :confused: what could happen if you give out your bank details? You're not giving him your keycode/password and he doesn't have your bank card... and you don't even have to post out the item until you receive the payment.

I think the buyer is in a riskier position. Because he could deposit the cash in your account and then you could potentially disappear off the face of the earth.

greekgun

HSC
mr_brightside said:
hahaha.

Internet rule:
Do not ship anything to Africa
or buy anything for africa/nigeria...its so disgusting how they try to rip people of with all the scams they have. Like all those spam emails about a rich african distant uncle of ours leaving billions of dollars for us.

orange.chocolat

Nerdfighter.. FTW
HSC
Yeah I wouldn't go giving some stranger your bank details, from Nigeria or not. There are some clever people out there where all they need is your card number and expiry date and BAM you've lost all your money. I think you should ask ebay and ask the guy if he can pay you by paypal or something.

It all sounds a bit suss to me.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
yeah

giving bankdetails = big nono in any situation. besides purchasing something from a legitimate site.

people cn easily keep keyloggers on ur computer and then discover ur pincode (as well as credit card number) and then bnag. no more money as well

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Can we get an update? lol.

For the record, anything for North, West or East Africa is suss. Best bets are the Southern nations such as South Africa and Botswana where there is a larger western influence, and where the chances you're dealing with some wealthy white person are increased. I don't know if non-whites have access there anyway, lol in a not funny way. :(

Marky89

HSC
Lol, i buy and sell xboxs on ebay ALL the time and i get those emails a fair bit.
Whenever you see them, just dont worry about them, People in Nigeria do this all the time, Try sticking to Australia Wide... No problems that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)