Is this unethical at the least? (1 Viewer)

Roguedeth

HSC
no show lol because damn you're working ft hours and you have no days off to actually do your homework.

Trentyboi

HSC
I work 6 days a week and find time to do work for my degree...

It's not that hard.

Oh yeha, I support myself. :wave:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Stop whining and learn to manage your time.

My work week fluctuates from 40-60+ hours... and I get paid for 37.5 albeit this is very well paid but the fact is I'm not compensated for o/t - it's just part of the job. I'm fulltime at uni so thats 5 contact hours (I don't go to lectures) and about 15-20 hours of study. And throw in an active social life.

Admittedly I have considerable control of my working arrangements and can work from home if I don't have meetings. But you can't escape that in a given week I do 60-85 hours of work and uni on top of having a life. Gotta schedule your time and be disciplined about it. A good skill to learn.

You say you are covering other people's shifts - how about getting them to cover yours?
This.

Also, if the TAFE hasn't given you enough notice for the due dates you can either challenge the TAFE, or just ask for an extension. If you ask for an extension a week before, as opposed to the day before, you're more likely to be granted one.

They can't just throw in assessments and give you a due date if they haven't given you a certain amount of warning.

But that said, harden up. I work basically full time and I've got 4 uni subjects. If you do the minimum 6 hours per subject, that's 24 hours a week I need to find, so weekends and afterwork. It also means staying up late and saying no to a lot of (but not all) social requests.

Suck it up man hey.

CieL

HSC
Just tell your employer that you've contracted swine flu and currently in quarantine for 2wks and you can't make it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)