is this year depressing you? (2 Viewers)

Marny

HSC
i used to get those panic attacks in the middle of an exam when i accelerated in maths. they eventually go away if you relax before an exam.

this yr isnt depressing, its frustrating coz its like one big competition. i hate it when people compete. it's like, GET OVER IT! i'm suddenly in a competition i knew nothing about.

HSC
Marny said:
i used to get those panic attacks in the middle of an exam when i accelerated in maths. they eventually go away if you relax before an exam.

this yr isnt depressing, its frustrating coz its like one big competition. i hate it when people compete. it's like, GET OVER IT! i'm suddenly in a competition i knew nothing about.
^Yes it has turned out into a competition, but that's the nature of the HSC. See for many people they are competing for high UAI courses, or scholarships, or watever, and yes they will fight for ranks, that extra mark, etc because it gets them closer to their goal. yes that can get quite frustrating for others whose goals aren't exceptionally high (and i'm not having a go at you or anything). Think about how difficult it is to get into medicine.

But you have to not lose sight of the big picture, and set out to achieve what YOU want to achieve. YOu can turn the HSC into a competition or you can make it the best year of highschool (or everything else in between). The HSC is what you make of it.

Marny

HSC
Good words.

i hav tried to block them out coz i realise how competetive they're actually being.
people fighting for marks just reminded me of girls fighting over a boquet like in clueless...ha ha ... funny thoughts:)

Marny

HSC
please dont tell me that...
i can't wait for the second i finish school...:bomb:

iv planned to burn all my books and dance around the fire

p4e81

Domesticated Daydreamer
HSC
lol. yes these books are definitely taking too much space..

bmwz4

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
HSC is 100x times easier then uni.
who cares, atleast people are not bitching about marks and ranks....i wonder what ppl r gonna do when we get half yearli marks back :confused:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
watatank said:
^Yes it has turned out into a competition, but that's the nature of the HSC. See for many people they are competing for high UAI courses, or scholarships, or watever, and yes they will fight for ranks, that extra mark, etc because it gets them closer to their goal. yes that can get quite frustrating for others whose goals aren't exceptionally high (and i'm not having a go at you or anything). Think about how difficult it is to get into medicine.

But you have to not lose sight of the big picture, and set out to achieve what YOU want to achieve. YOu can turn the HSC into a competition or you can make it the best year of highschool (or everything else in between). The HSC is what you make of it.
Amen.

And for all those saying it's a competition, get used to it because if you haven't noticed life is one big competition. Competing for course places, scholarships, jobs, house and any means of getting ahead in life. The HSC is the beginning of your life as a young adult and an adult student/learner you have to learn how best to deal with stress, assessments and all those other thoughts because after the HSC things don't get easier if anything they get harder with each new stage in life.

hopeles5ly said:
HSC is 100x times easier then uni.

You can only say that with the advantage of having hindsight and last year knowing that wouldn't of made you worry any less.

Legham

HSC
Whats with all the competitiveness? :S Pretty much everyone at my school doesnt give a shit. You might ask a few of your close friends if they're in some of your classes, but nobody cares who beat who..

News flash, the difficulty of the uni course you get into (if you go to uni) is NOT proportional to how happy your life is!

In fact, the more difficult the course you get into is, the more stress and work your creating for yourself..

HSC
Legham said:
Whats with all the competitiveness? :S Pretty much everyone at my school doesnt give a shit. You might ask a few of your close friends if they're in some of your classes, but nobody cares who beat who..

News flash, the difficulty of the uni course you get into (if you go to uni) is NOT proportional to how happy your life is!

In fact, the more difficult the course you get into is, the more stress and work your creating for yourself..
That difficult uni course may just be the road to someones dream career.

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
yes.yes it is. I am not stressed out so much (thats my problem, I dont worry about anything till literally the night before its due) but I just hate the constant assessment tasks! no rest, except for this exam-prep week!

Legham

HSC
watatank said:
That difficult uni course may just be the road to someones dream career.
Yeah, but not everyone in the years dream is going to be whichever occupation comes from the hardest possible uni course..

annarose

HSC
I'm just panicking with my study notes... I mean I'm on top of physics, only slightly behind in mod hist, but everything else is everywhere... I'm keeping up on the day to day stuff but it's so hard trying to co-ordinate a job, a social life (or at least the bare outlines) and everything else and I feel like I'm never completely organised, never completely up to date. But then again it'll all be over soon... hey, wanna know something funny (if somewhat off topic)? My 18th is on the first day of the trials! Isn't that just hilarious!

Sofstar

HSC
Not as much as i thought it would. There's no time to 'feel' anything. If you fall off the horse, you get back on and keep riding. But there are times when i just stress and freak out but i don't really get depressed.
Happy Birthday annarose for monday?

bmwz4

HSC
annarose said:
I'm just panicking with my study notes... I mean I'm on top of physics, only slightly behind in mod hist, but everything else is everywhere... I'm keeping up on the day to day stuff but it's so hard trying to co-ordinate a job, a social life (or at least the bare outlines) and everything else and I feel like I'm never completely organised, never completely up to date. But then again it'll all be over soon... hey, wanna know something funny (if somewhat off topic)? My 18th is on the first day of the trials! Isn't that just hilarious!
dont panick! u have heaps of time to catch up in the holidays! if u keep organised, the workload isnt that very stressful

HSC
annarose said:
My 18th is on the first day of the trials! Isn't that just hilarious!
Could be worse you could be having it in the middle of the HSC. Not that that happened to me but it happened to a fair few of my mates.

Legham

HSC
Mine is 3 days before the HSC starts i think.. I wont be able to have a party cause everyone will be busy studying :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)