is this year depressing you? (1 Viewer)

sophie1989

HSC
Legham said:
Its not depressing, its just too time consuming.. i do shit all of my homework and schools still cutting into my bodyboarding/drinking/other-social-activities time..
mmmmm HSC is quite deppressing i think,.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
SoulSearcher said:
I reflect on better times during the low periods of the HSC. Then I get distracted with those memories and procrastinate.
Same thing happens to me. :mad1:

anniea89

HSC
Anyone who comes out of the HSC unaffected is not human. Infact, they are cyborgs implemented by BOS to annoy the rest of us.

I said I was not going to let myself get upset, or have brerakdowns, but they really are unavoidable.

beentherdunthat

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I reflect on better times during the low periods of the HSC. Then I get distracted with those memories and procrastinate.
LOL... you couldn't have Said it bettterr!!!!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
anniea89 said:
Anyone who comes out of the HSC unaffected is not human. Infact, they are cyborgs implemented by BOS to annoy the rest of us.

I said I was not going to let myself get upset, or have brerakdowns, but they really are unavoidable.
Well yes. You do need a bit of stress to show that you do really care about the HSC. I suppose that in everyone's cases, they're over-stressed and yet they feel that they haven't done enough in terms of study. All humans stress.

Humans are uncontrollably over-stressing -> tiredness and lost interest in study-> poor perception of self as well as procrastination-> hence minimal study goes on -> even more stress and poorer self-esteem.

Stress really inhibits your performance (lowers productivity) doesn't it?

Legham

HSC
Not everyone stresses over the HSC.. Barely anyone in my school cares how they go :/

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Sparcod said:
Well yes. You do need a bit of stress to show that you do really care about the HSC. I suppose that in everyone's cases, they're over-stressed and yet they feel that they haven't done enough in terms of study. All humans stress.

Humans are uncontrollably over-stressing -> tiredness and lost interest in study-> poor perception of self as well as procrastination-> hence minimal study goes on -> even more stress and poorer self-esteem.

Stress really inhibits your performance (lowers productivity) doesn't it?
A little bit of stress is said to be beneficial, over some amount though it just lowers productivity.

theoceanswhim

HSC
sorry this is a bot off topic, but if u think its funny {or dont} pls remember that if yur screwing up english u can still do well....i stuffed english and still got 99+

An allegory on English
One late night, while struggling to finish a fucken English essay on the values and attitudes of context on textual integrity of Marxist interpretations of Lear I just stopped caring. I mean I’ve heard all those whingers going on about “when are we ever going to use this” in math, but seriously isn’t it even more true for English? Seriously, we don’t learn English; we learn some fucked up elitist babble. And the most frightening thing about it is that the English department has no idea how two faced or duplicitous the majority of the “good” English students are. In their essays they’ll fuken go on about the “human condition” and the turmoil of emotion elicited by the death of Cordelia, but three minutes later they’re fucking spanking the monkey over some fucken milf story on the net. English ain’t no test of ability, but a contest to see whose got the bigger thesaurus or who can come up with the most elaborate metaphors and similes and fucken techniques. Not all, but some of the English department fucken go over texts not act by act; not scene by scene; not line by line; but syllable by syllable. I feel like just fucking yelling and jumping out the window when they go on about heir fucken plosives and start demonstrating by poking their wrinkly tongues about how the word “the” has a plosive emphasis on the “E” sound.
I mean fucken complex numbers has more sense than English.

ENGLISH- pulp fiction style

THE SET UP: The mother of a struggling English student attends an interview with the Head of the English Department after the student; let’s say his name is Allen, has a letter sent home.

ED- English department witch/ M-allen’s mom

ED- hello Miss@ ………if that is your real name. Please sit. i think you’re gonna find when all shit is over, I think your gonna find yourself one smiling mother fucker.
M- ty. I’m very worried about Allen madam. Is he not listening in class?
ED- if that alone were the problem your physical journey to the school would not have been required.
M- Its no worry, I only live two minutes up the road so I pass by everyday
ED (standing up)- That, right there is the dilemma Miss@. It is this frivolous, flippant, offhand, cavalier, brusque mind-set towards the concept of the physical journey that your son is continuing to parade about with. He is like a briefcase without a handle, an owl without eyes, a mongoose without a tail. He art my flesh, my blood, or rather a disease that’s in my flesh…he art a boil, a plague sore, or embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood.
M- Sorry I didn’t catch your drift. Could you ex…
ED- don’t try to baffle me with your metaphors. If you don’t understand my so called “drift” (doing the quotation mark thingy with her fingers), maybe you should just “drift” along out of here you tainted palindrome
M- I don’t get it. How am I palindrome?
ED-I’m…I’m sorry miss@. It’s just that when discussing English I get very emotive and it brings up memories of my boyfr… ex boyfriend rather Harry Yrrah………he’s from sweden.

M-OK. Yeh, well I brought this essay my boy wrote in the exam from two weeks ago. Could you tell me what’s wrong with it? He isn’t sure what areas he needs to improve on
ED-ah yes…the essay. I remember it clearly.
M-do you? That’s amazing seeing as my son said that you had to mark all 200 essays in the grade
ED- actually 400-I had to do year 11 ones as well
M-isn’t that a bit difficult. Doesn’t it impair your ability to give the proper amount of time in marking each essay?
ED-its not the words I’m looking at Miss@. While to laymen’s eyes, this essay looks like a piece of paper with words written on it, to me, the significantly more trained and certified eye, I feel the essence of the essay. The presence, the imagery, the very values and attitudes behind the words, hidden in the ink.
M- Ah soh. Maybe you might have some ideas on how Allen could improve his essence
ED- . He lacks the purity in his essence and bodily fluids. his essay is far too generic, without flair, insight or any degree of sophistication. His essay fails to explore the values and attitudes of the context. I mean look at this line- gloucester paradoxically quotes I stumbled when I saw . Everybody in the whole grade wrote that. Do you know how annoying it is to read the same thing over and over again?
M- I see. But isn’t that quite an important line in the play?
ED- well yes, yes and no. Yes he was sellin it but no it wasn’t blow
M-huh
ED- oh sorry, this dam song is stuck in my head
M- no problem madam. Do you think maybe after classes you could help Allen out with his grammar. He struggles a little bit with that too
ED- how gracious of you to consider me Ms@. I and you, we’re just people trying to walk this earth, and if me and Allen can’t sort out this problem, than nobody can (fragment- consider revising)
M-that’s very grateful of you to help ou……..
ED (beginning to mark a year 11 assessment essay) -Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?
M- umm… not really. What are you doing, might I ask?
ED- oh nothing, just marking this silly little essay
M- shouldn’t you do that in a more appropriate time?
ED- oh contraire les enfant, I couldn’t have chosen a more appropriate time. Usually I just mark these things before the 9.35 lotto draw……….(in a disturbing voice) one of these days I’ll escape this nefarious hell hole, the sulphuric acid of petulant, snot nosed brats continuously seeping into my skin. Mother said I could be a writer, but nooooooo, I’m stuck in this dead end job
M- You write?
ED(in a surprisingly cheerful voice)- actually I do. I’ve been trying to get my novel published, but no luck so far. You know what they say though- keep trying
M- what’s your story about
ED- well it’s really an experimental piece- I literally tried to subvert every known convention of language and genre, to produce my own style of writing
M- That’s another thing I meant to ask you about- my son says he keeps failing the creative writing section of crime fiction because he’s not subverting any conventions
ED- well subversion is important- it keeps the writing fresh
M- but isn’t crime fiction basically an exhausted genre- hasn’t every thing been done before?
ED(standing up)- that’s the stupidest excuse I ever heard. I can name 5 original plot lines off the top of my head
M-example
ED- Plot line 1-the story of a confused, slightly incontinent, up and coming writer, who travels around the world, trying to find out who broke her hymen. She could be accompanied by a talking gorilla
M-yeh……..
ED- plotline 2- the story of a scientologist detective who receives a mission from HQ that is so difficult and complex, you might just call it……IMPROBABLE
M- That sounds a bit like mission impossible
ED- forget about it Jake, it’s Chinatown

M-Ok I think I’ll just go now
ED- wait, do you read the bible Ms@?
M-no I’m Buddhist
ED-well there’s this passage I got memorized-Ezekial 25:17-“ the path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequity of the selfish and the tyranny of the evil man; blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. (standing up and taking out a shotgun) And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee”
(Loads shotgun and shoots Ms@)
ED- that’s what I call fucking improbable

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
well i finished my HSC in 2006 and i am still pretty fucked up in the head due to the 2 yrs of mental damage...

hope i can find a cure soon

ellen.louise

HSC
Introduction complete. 1100 words to go.
:bomb: It's too late already.

I have an ethical dilemma. I'm generally totally against sickies for the sake of not facing up to my procrastination. But it doesn't look like this task is gonna be done on time, and I can't stand dissapointing my teacher because she works so hard to get us all the materials we need.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
ellen.louise said:
Introduction complete. 1100 words to go.
:bomb: It's too late already.

I have an ethical dilemma. I'm generally totally against sickies for the sake of not facing up to my procrastination. But it doesn't look like this task is gonna be done on time, and I can't stand dissapointing my teacher because she works so hard to get us all the materials we need.
i know the feeling. but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. and amazingly, your teacher will understand ;)

Redbeard

HSC
At the start it was sort of stressing me out, but as the year has gone on i am becoming less and less stressed. I have started to realise that the hsc isn't everything in life, and that with more preparation i do much better and am less stressed.

I also found that taking time out with people who aren't doing their hsc has helped. This is because they are not stressed like my friends are, and i can talk to them about other things, its not just about the hsc with them. With these people, because some are older and some are younger, i can talk to some about the hsc, and the younger ones i'm free to talk about other things because they are only in year 10, so at the moment they don't care about the hsc.

HSC
Redbeard said:
At the start it was sort of stressing me out, but as the year has gone on i am becoming less and less stressed. I have started to realise that the hsc isn't everything in life, and that with more preparation i do much better and am less stressed.

I also found that taking time out with people who aren't doing their hsc has helped. This is because they are not stressed like my friends are, and i can talk to them about other things, its not just about the hsc with them. With these people, because some are older and some are younger, i can talk to some about the hsc, and the younger ones i'm free to talk about other things because they are only in year 10, so at the moment they don't care about the hsc.
Yeah, I agree. Luckily I play in sporting teams, where only one other person is in Year 12, so while I'm there, I can totally forget about the stress of the HSC.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Redbeard said:

Yeah, talking to friends who aren't doing the HSC works for me, takes my mind off the damn thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)