• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is your course or UWS worth it? (1 Viewer)

JRasnier

i think i would if the i.t 2nd yearers or 3rd yearers, are that bad, (the server problems)

ruski_gal

30 mons is better than 50 to gong and 50 to parra. It was convenient for me. Is that such a crime??

JRasnier

lolz im going to campbelltown and its gonna take meeh between 1 hr to 2 hours to get there, depending on if its all stations or not...

liz

HSC
Hey people do your computer degree if you like computers. The most important thing to do is a degree in something you like. Don't worry about jobs because you don't know what jobs are gonna be in demand in 3 years time.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by klh
well is it worth it???
i am doing a B Tech (IT Support)
you've probably heard about the scarcity of IT jobs, so what is your view?

i'd like to hear your opinions on your course, whether you picked on preference on subject or casue of jobs, like teaching and nursing has gotten so high UAI's (compared to last year) becasue of demand.
If the IT Market was booming as it was graciously before I would be doing IT right now but I chose to be slightly more practical about it because as you said... there is a real scarcity of jobs & in my opinion those who got in during the boom - they are set for life. The rest will struggle a bit. If you look through the papers now there really isn't much around. If I wasn't working I might have actually done a double degree of Soft Eng/Commerce. So I guess there's no harm in getting into IT but at the same time it's probably a bit safer to have a back up too.

Anyway yeah so I picked my course (Commerce) based on market demand for accounting/finance graduates.

JRasnier

15 mins depending on if all stations or not....

and thats why im doing a computer degree, cause i love computers

memo

I'm sure if you average Distinction or higher they wouldnt worry about a exam you did 2 years ago especially for a course that has vacancies after the main round.

Not sure about uws but getting distinctions isn't as easy as it may seem. At usyd I was on top of a lot of subjects but still couldnt manage a distinction average or anywhere near it.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
15 mins depending on if all stations or not....

and thats why im doing a computer degree, cause i love computers
15 f*cking minutes from parra to blacktown ????
i dont believe it nigga !!!
last time i went blacktown seems like 5 minutes
haehaehae

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
well distinction is only 75%
fark back in high school i used to get over 75% all the time
i dont think i ever got a mark below 75% in high school
so distinction shouldnt be that hard to achieve

memo

Originally posted by Dingo2004
well distinction is only 75%
fark back in high school i used to get over 75% all the time
i dont think i ever got a mark below 75% in high school
so distinction shouldnt be that hard to achieve
well high school and uni is very different. High school I was 80+ for everything uni I am hovering around 60-70 mark. But like high school if you work hard your efforts will still pay off.

JRasnier

lolz, when i said 15 mins i thought i was under exaggerating, lolz it takes meeh 1 hour to get to city....

well for tafe i got a distinction average (distinction is highest)...but as uni is different we just have to wait and see...lolz i already ordered a textbook so i can start lookin through it...it should arrive this week....

peepee

loser.
HSC
Originally posted by klh
to peepee, i dunno...if i dont have any knowledge of something, i feel left behind from others and that makes me feel worse enough i cant study. if you wanted to transfer, you need to do 40 credit points with a better than credit average, so that will be hard doing a course tyou may fing out that u dont like....
yeah i know, i might be ruining my life/wasting my time. lol see how it goes...wish me luck because i need all the luck i can get...lol

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
klh did u pick that course cos it had one of the lowest UAIs in Metropolitan NSW or did u genuinely want to do it? Cos it pissed me off that my friend who did piss all all year put down that course cos its the only one she could get into and potentially took the place of someone who genuinely wanted to do it (she ended up declining but it was too late for someone else to get that place).

Last edited:

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
When i tell people i'm studying criminology - they give me really surprised looks - like i'm heaps smart or something. Then when they ask where i go, and i say UWS - bankstown, they kinda go "oh", as if saying that i'm not so smart after all. These are the sorts o'things that make me angry. Sure, we say that UWS is still new and hasn't got the reputation *yet* - but the public doesn't know that. All they know are the prestige unis and how important it is to be going to one.

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
UAI for my course is higher than the same course at UTS and only about 1 mark lower than USYD

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
But in saying so - there were only two unis last year that offered criminology - UNSW, and UWS. I found that the UNSW crim course was very rigid and i couldn't branch out the way i wanted to, whereas i found that the UWS crim course was alot more flexible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)