Is your grade really competitive? (1 Viewer)

blue_lemonade

just wondering if ur grade have a kind of healthy competition when it comes to marks/assessments etc...

or if ur kinda like my grade where no one reveals their sources, and they're all secretive etc and generally dont help each other out (unless ur a close friend)?

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
well most people in my grade are competitive, but only to a degree. They're not obsessed with coming 1st. It's the top 30 or so who are REALLY competitive. They're the study freaks who are constantly whining about the next exam and who never share notes or help each other out.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Nah my school is not very competitive at all, though the ppl in the top 2 or 3 in most subjects do try to stay there. Its not like no one will help each other out, but like I don't tell ppl what Im doing for assignments and stuff cos I learnt my lesson in the past when I was telling someone about my assignment but they copied all of my ideas and tried to make it a million times better.

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Actually its very different in our school... Generally the top 10 share and help each other, because we realise that the better the whole school goes, the better each person gets scaled. We are competitive, but not to the point where it may damage our friendships.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea, just friendly competition.
once in a while we have evil thoughts about each other, but all in good faith.

is a roflcopter
HSC
yes it is
theres backstabbing and bitching every assessment

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
competitive...but not too bad
theres a few that are though

s2ophie

HSC
most of the time its healthy compettition at our school.

However some times, some perople get very pissed off at one particular person who always says 'i haven't studied' and then succeeds in getting top marks.

After probably the top 30 at our school, it just kind of fades out. I think that some of these people just don't give a shit.

freakofcool

I say our school has friendly competition too. There might be the ocassional "I want to beat that person" attitude in some subs but other than that, I think it's fairly tame.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
i currently have surveillance on the top ten students in each subject that i am doing.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i know a couple of people who had their notes stolen, and just before an exam too.

tash

lalalala
HSC
i think we're generally not too competitive- i mean some really are and they're nuts, but most of us just mope about how we procrastinate too much and how we're going to fail our english assessment next week! but we help each other understand stuff and whatever- marks for assessments remain fairly untold though- it's like 'how'd you go', 'oh ok i guess'

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
my school is so freakin competitive, there are some guys who will break up friendships cos they just wanna beat everyone, backstab them even. f*ck

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ive had "friends" who have told a teacher to take marks off my paper because they accidentally miscounted.

is a roflcopter
HSC
you know i would love to do that to you in business studies

damn smart people :D

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
hehe. are you sure you know who i am? i was pretty close to the bottom with ranks in our class

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My school is pretty competitive, the top 3 always put each other down. They are soo arrogant!!! I cannot believe I am a part of it for most subjects. I didn't want to compete and win, and then the 'loser' going up to me and say "i'm gonna kick your arse next time!!" PISS ME OFF, what a dickhead!! If they want to beat me, fine do it, why the hell you have to say those crap in front of me........
:( :mad:

~juju~

3 of my good fds called me for help the day before 3u asssesmt... so i helped..
1 beat me & came 1st, another came = 2nd with me...
i helped the other one on optus believing i had Yesweekend - but turns out that call cost $8 which i had to pay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)