Is your grade really competitive? (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
3 marks can make a very big difference. besides, people handle these things differently, so what if a kid cried? it really annoys me that people judge others based on such stupid things, it would make me feel worse about feeling bad. no one needs to take that kind of crap.

and yea, there was a girl who left her notes on the table of the common room while she made some coffee. wouldn't have been more than a minute and it was gone. all the art and D&T students are told not to leave their major works lying around because if it was stolen, you'd in a bit of trouble. it's stupid but it happens.

is a roflcopter
HSC
worse shit happens to people than losing 3 marks in a maths test and most of them keep fighting on with a smile on their face

tears over maths? sympathy cant be expected.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
i think last maths assessment 3 marks was like a 30 rank difference

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
My school wasn't very competitive. Some people really cared about their marks, but they were also willing to help others out, and not try to screw peopel over to get ahead. I guess that was good in a way, but maybe if things were a bit more competitive I may have actually given a shit.
There was only 1 person in out grade who was realllly competitive...she was a friend of mine, but she drove me insane! Everytime we got an assignment back, she would be right in your face demanding to know your mark, which was crazy cos she always beat me anyway. She tried to cover it up by acting overly supportive, but you could tell she was just trying to stay 1 up on everyone else. Twas annoying, but she had crazy parents so I could understand it.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
worse shit happens to people than losing 3 marks in a maths test and most of them keep fighting on with a smile on their face

tears over maths? sympathy cant be expected.
what does it have to do with you? if i cry, i do it because i'm upset, not because i want sympathy. and i know there are things more important than the HSC but that doesn't mean that i shouldn't study. i know that's an exaggerated example but you get the jist. there are really 2 sides to the coin with wanting to keep things in perspective.

i left out a question in a 4u assessment and it was worth 2 marks. and i had done heaps of practice with similar questions and my rank would've gone up by 2 if i had done it. it wasn't a huge deal but i was feeling a bit crap over it, and why would that be so wrong?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i was referring to chunder's aggro post before about how its not inconsistent that people should be expected to cry after losing 3 marks

no one would hold it against you if you cry after a bad result
but its not like its a crime to think its a bit over the top either

i personally dont think maths is worth crying over
i fuck up in maths alot, its motivation to reach for the textbook rather than tissuebox

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm, ok i like you. you're not included in any comments made about SBHS dickheads.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i remember i left out a maths question in yr 11, 2u bbut
stupid easy shit trig question on the very back page, and i left it out. i even saw it during reading time
bloody 8 marks! too. my rank dropped from like 2nd to 30 something. pissed me off big time. but juz glad it happened in prelim. though now im full paranoid bout leaving questions out...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
if i fuckup, someone will probly find me in Fox Studios, stomach full of sushi, wallet empty of money... :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i remember i left out a maths question in yr 11, 2u

but juz glad it happened in prelim. though now im full paranoid bout leaving questions out...
haha my friend 2!!! but didnt see it during reading time

ALWAYS check the back page

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i remember i left out a maths question in yr 11, 2u bbut
stupid easy shit trig question on the very back page, and i left it out. i even saw it during reading time
bloody 8 marks! too. my rank dropped from like 2nd to 30 something. pissed me off big time. but juz glad it happened in prelim. though now im full paranoid bout leaving questions out...

haha i did that too...

..and have been doing it since primary school

why dun i learn:mad1:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i did that during a yr8 art exam but instead of leaving out 1 question i left out 4 pages. only realised when i had 5 mins left.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
A girl at school did that, she finished the test and was going through it and realised she missed out a whole page, like 10 marks worth, and instead of doing it (there was about 5 mins left) she wrote a whole sob story on her paper about how she hadn't seen it and stuff.

Teacher called her in at lunch and gave her an extra 10 mins........what shit everyone off was the fact that she wouldn't have had 10 minutes left to do it in the test anyway, she would have run out of time even if she DID see the question.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
After our modern history HSC , I was talking to my friends about the exam, and one of them said something to the effect of "Which question did you answer about Mao Zedong, the first or the second?" Unfortunately, we were supposed to answer BOTH questions she was talking about, and each were worth 10 marks. She had only answered 1 of them.
As we explained this to her, she started laughing, and I thought she was laughing at her own mistake, like "Oh, how stupid, haha" so I started laughing as well. Turns out she was only laughing because she thought we were just joking. As she realised we were being serious though, I was still standing there laughing, and she got really upset that I was laughing at her. (I thought I was laughing with her!) I still feel so guilty about it! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)