• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Kutar Maggi said:
no but they have ordered direct attacks on schools, mosques and homes where children usually reside. i dont think the american government is that ignorant, or are they? i await your answer :).
so your saying the army generals orders were todrop a bomb directly on the school where children are? or a mosque that doesnt hold any terrorsts?

i heard a bomb was dropped on a school, but it was because it was a miss, on a target which next to the school. i agree that its wrong to make mistakes like those, but the army never just ordered to kill random people. casualties sadly do come out of raids or bombs dropped, but majority of the time the appropriate target is hit, and that gets rid of extremists who gather there.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
SashatheMan said:
so your saying the army generals orders were todrop a bomb directly on the school where children are? or a mosque that doesnt hold any terrorsts?

i heard a bomb was dropped on a school, but it was because it was a miss, on a target which next to the school. i agree that its wrong to make mistakes like those, but the army never just ordered to kill random people. casualties sadly do come out of raids or bombs dropped, but majority of the time the appropriate target is hit, and that gets rid of extremists who gather there.

look theres no point arguing, as unfortunately America is the worlds greates super power. no one can stop them and trying to do so will just bring uncesary problems our way. hopefully in 20 years or so China can grow large enough and effecient enough to challenge the tyrannical reign in which the world lives under. won't make much of a difference, all revolutions only leave behind the slime of a new oppressive and bearucratic tyranny. i think we are doomed to live this way.

your sigi quote says it all/ *sigh*

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Enlightened_One said:
Maybe you'd all feel that way if your country was invaded, but what if you were under the yoke of a tyrant interested in genocide and torture. I find it interesting that only a few seem to rebelling. All though the number is growing. But some welcomed the Americans too.
Think on that. It's a little more complicated than you laid it out to be.
shows how much america is wanted there now eh?

too bad bush wont leave them until he has had his fair share of oil...

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
defend from what? the US army doesnt exactly go around killing children and innocent people. There has been casualties but thats what you expect when yuor at war. i dont think that the US army ever ordered a direct attack on a child.

they are not defending shit, they are brainwashed into thinking that they must fight against the infedels and use weapons in the name of allah.
Oh!!! Palestinians arent defending anything are they? My grandparents were forced to flee Palestine in the 1940's because the Israelis attacked their homes, and took all their belongings.

They attacked unarmed civilians, killed old people, women, men and Babies, and basicaly took over parts of the land in the blink of an eye.

clearly SashatheMan, ur research is evident in ur post!(US army?)

mate , shut the fuck up with that media excuse. i dont take in everythign the media tells me , i make my own point of view. i reasearch shit before i say it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
heres some without words

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/...oldiers13vi.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3953/kidsguns5nr.jpg

Sorry to say Sasha, but u've just made a complete fool of yourself without even knowing it.

Lucky enough for u, I can read Arabic. First of all the first image has absoluetly nothing to do with the IRAQ and the US army for that matter, if u notice,the kid on the far left is wearing a head band with "Arabic writing", from that writing it becomes obvious the image was captured in Palestine, Palestinian/Israeli War, so obviously U havnt researched anything.

In Arabic it says "Shuhadaa' Al Aqsah" meaning "The martyrs of Al Aqsah" have u ever heard of Al Aqsah mosque? well its a Mosque in Palestine, Israelis want to destroy it! what does this have to do with the US army?

Second of All, how on Earth do those pictures indicate that the children are Muslim? U immediately jump to these assumptions, SashatheMan Pictures dont always tell the full story, and obviously they havnt in this case!

Palestinians arent all Muslims SashatheMan!

oh and for the 2nd picture... can u explain why the Israeli flag and star are present in the pic?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:

i dont know where the pic is, and i wont look for it, since it was ages since i saw it, but there was a pic where people who had been praying in congregation were all shot down, and the scene is a few lines of people all lying dead. that couldnt be accidental, and i doubt that all of them were terrorists.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
physician said:
Oh!!! Palestinians arent defending anything are they? My grandparents were forced to flee Palestine in the 1940's because the Israelis attacked their homes, and took all their belongings.

They attacked unarmed civilians, killed old people, women, men and Babies, and basicaly took over parts of the land in the blink of an eye.

clearly SashatheMan, ur research is evident in ur post!(US army?)

Sorry to say Sasha, but u've just made a complete fool of yourself without even knowing it.

Lucky enough for u, I can read Arabic. First of all the first image has absoluetly nothing to do with the IRAQ and the US army for that matter, if u notice,the kid on the far left is wearing a head band with "Arabic writing", from that writing it becomes obvious the image was captured in Palestine, Palestinian/Israeli War, so obviously U havnt researched anything.

In Arabic it says "Shuhadaa' Al Aqsah" meaning "The martyrs of Al Aqsah" have u ever heard of Al Aqsah mosque? well its a Mosque in Palestine, Israelis want to destroy it! what does this have to do with the US army?

Second of All, how on Earth do those pictures indicate that the children are Muslim? U immediately jump to these assumptions, SashatheMan Pictures dont always tell the full story, and obviously they havnt in this case!

oh and for the 2nd picture... can u explain why the Israeli flag and star are present in the pic?
hmm, come to think of it, why didnt i read what they said in the first place too?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

i never said its from iraq. i started talking about iraq when Kutar Maggi mentioned iraq , oil and illegal president.

do you know that a mosque belongs to muslims, hence they are muslim

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i never said its from iraq. i started talking about iraq when Kutar Maggi mentioned iraq , oil and illegal president.

Oh, so ur saying u knew they were captured in Palestine? But for some reason u never even mentioned anything about Palestine!

neverthless, u were obviously referring to the pictures! (i.e kids in the army).

The groups purpose is to defend Palestine presumably Jeruisalem, therfore u cant simply assume theyre Muslim!

and u still havnt answered my question in rgerads to the 2nd picture!

i am finding out about islam
That statement is contradicted simply by the following statement:

SashatheMan said:
proclaiming a holly war against anything you dont like.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
SashatheMan said:

why are you bullshitting, i said that the children must defend themselves, you are the one that said the US ArMY genreals made mistakes by bombing iraqi schools. sheesh, just admit you are wrong and a puppet of the media.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Kutar Maggi said:
why are you bullshitting, i said that the children must defend themselves, you are the one that said the US ArMY genreals made mistakes by bombing iraqi schools. sheesh, just admit you are wrong and a puppet of the media.
you were talking about the US, then i continues talking about the US. i didnt refer to the photos directly. But i am sure the same shit is happening in iraq aswell
how can you use such labels, when you do not understand the intentions and situations of such people. You would be pretty pissed off if your nation was invaded by an illegally elected president, who took it upon himself to murder your father, mother, brother and sister, while stealling your nations only asset and resource (oil) and occupying it.
they are not the ones invading America are they? they are the ones being bombed and slaughtered. even in those times the peaceful will take up arms you ass. their peacefull but they aint stupid!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Five questions non-Muslims would like answered

THE RIOTING IN France by primarily Muslim youths and the hotel bombings in Jordan are the latest events to prompt sincere questions that law-abiding Muslims need to answer for Islam's sake, as well as for the sake of worried non-Muslims.

Here are five of them:

(1) Why are you so quiet?

Since the first Israelis were targeted for death by Muslim terrorists blowing themselves up in the name of your religion and Palestinian nationalism, I have been praying to see Muslim demonstrations against these atrocities. Last week's protests in Jordan against the bombings, while welcome, were a rarity. What I have seen more often is mainstream Muslim spokesmen implicitly defending this terror on the grounds that Israel occupies Palestinian lands. We see torture and murder in the name of Allah, but we see no anti-torture and anti-murder demonstrations in the name of Allah.

There are a billion Muslims in the world. How is it possible that essentially none have demonstrated against evils perpetrated by Muslims in the name of Islam? This is true even of the millions of Muslims living in free Western societies. What are non-Muslims of goodwill supposed to conclude? When the Israeli government did not stop a Lebanese massacre of Palestinians in the Sabra and Chatilla refugee camps in Lebanon in 1982, great crowds of Israeli Jews gathered to protest their country's moral failing. Why has there been no comparable public demonstration by Palestinians or other Muslims to morally condemn Palestinian or other Muslim-committed terror?

(2) Why are none of the Palestinian terrorists Christian?

If Israeli occupation is the reason for Muslim terror in Israel, why do no Christian Palestinians engage in terror? They are just as nationalistic and just as occupied as Muslim Palestinians.

(3) Why is only one of the 47 Muslim-majority countries a free country?

According to Freedom House, a Washington-based group that promotes democracy, of the world's 47 Muslim countries, only Mali is free. Sixty percent are not free, and 38% are partly free. Muslim-majority states account for a majority of the world's "not free" states. And of the 10 "worst of the worst," seven are Islamic states. Why is this?

(4) Why are so many atrocities committed and threatened by Muslims in the name of Islam?

Young girls in Indonesia were recently beheaded by Muslim murderers. Last year, Muslims — in the name of Islam — murdered hundreds of schoolchildren in Russia. While reciting Muslim prayers, Islamic terrorists take foreigners working to make Iraq free and slaughter them. Muslim daughters are murdered by their own families in the thousands in "honor killings." And the Muslim government in Iran has publicly called for the extermination of Israel.

(5) Why do countries governed by religious Muslims persecute other religions?

No church or synagogue is allowed in Saudi Arabia. The Taliban destroyed some of the greatest sculptures of the ancient world because they were Buddhist. Sudan's Islamic regime has murdered great numbers of Christians.

Instead of confronting these problems, too many of you deny them. Muslims call my radio show to tell me that even speaking of Muslim or Islamic terrorists is wrong. After all, they argue, Timothy McVeigh is never labeled a "Christian terrorist." As if McVeigh committed his terror as a churchgoing Christian and in the name of Christ, and as if there were Christian-based terror groups around the world.

As a member of the media for nearly 25 years, I have a long record of reaching out to Muslims. Muslim leaders have invited me to speak at major mosques. In addition, I have studied Arabic and Islam, have visited most Arab and many other Muslim countries and conducted interfaith dialogues with Muslims in the United Arab Emirates as well as in the U.S. Politically, I have supported creation of a Palestinian state and supported (mistakenly, I now believe) the Oslo accords.

Hundreds of millions of non-Muslims want honest answers to these questions, even if the only answer you offer is, "Yes, we have real problems in Islam." Such an acknowledgment is infinitely better — for you and for the world — than dismissing us as anti-Muslim.

We await your response.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion...3,0,1904398.story?coll=la-home-sunday-opinion

tanka

HSC
Fair questions and a rather interesting read, although I think you pretty much answered question 1 with question 3. It is a bit hard for anyone to protest when you live under an oppressive government.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I take it that you somehow missed (or forgot about) the "Islam discussion" thread, Sasha?

iwannarock

HSC
tanka said:
It is a bit hard for anyone to protest when you live under an oppressive government.
"is true even of the millions of Muslims living in free Western societies"

i'd hardly call the american or australian government "oppressive"

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
I take it that you somehow missed (or forgot about) the "Islam discussion" thread, Sasha?
i wanted to show this article. if i posted it in the islam discussion thread it would disappear with the hundreds of posts and wont be read as much

The Nick

McBain
HSC
danieljarvis said:
interesting . i don't see anybody answering them.
Who do you want to answer them? A normal Muslim who can speak on behalf of all other Muslims through some kind of telepathic mind-meld? A cleric or sheik who may have a learned opinion and be somewhat informative, but still not know what millions of other Muslims think? Garbledina?

I would actually like to see Garbledina answer this. I don't think Strong Bad's favourite movie is Muslim though.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
They certainly are legitimate questions however. I think it would start to bridge the gap between muslims and the rest of Australia if they were answered and if Muslim leaders took a greater role in condeming international terrorist actions as well as gang activity in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)