Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

dumarab

HSC
the people who suffer the most in this shit are the minority groups..... Israel is allowed to break all UN laws all because of one organisation. Israel is allowed to bomb residents all because of one organisation.

Zionist

HSC
dumarab said:
the people who suffer the most in this shit are the minority groups..... Israel is allowed to break all UN laws all because of one organisation. Israel is allowed to bomb residents all because of one organisation.
The sufferings they deserve. Vote Hamas Terrorists, get bombed :lol:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
dumarab said:
So the Christians deserve suffering???
Ignore Zionist.
Same with Aryanbeauty and Beentherdunthat

banco55

HSC
moll. said:
Poverty breeds corruption. If the country wasn't so destitute then most of the officials wouldn't feel the need to lie and steal for a living. Some still would, yes, but that happens in all countries.
Besides which, he's better than the alternative and at least he's secular and reasonably committed to a market/mixed economy.
Bullshit corruption is a cultural thing. Even the oil rich Arab countries have sky high levels of corruption. The only economic activity the palestinians have ever generated (including during the relatively peaceful periods) is shaking down international donors.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
And I'm sure it's happening again. Hello wikipedia!

Gaza

Total killed: 697
Militans: ~150
Policemen: 138
Hamas kingpins: 1
Civilians: ~350

But at least the Israelis can aim, right?
R.I.P :(

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Israel accused over Gaza wounded

The Red Cross has accused Israel of failing to fulfil its obligation to help wounded civilians in Gaza.

ICRC staff found four weak and scared children beside their mothers' bodies in houses hit by shelling in Zeitoun.
The Israeli military has not yet responded to the accusation, but said it worked closely with aid groups so that civilians could get assistance.
Meanwhile, the United Nations said it was suspending aid operations in Gaza because of the danger to its staff.
"Unwra decided to suspend all its operations in the Gaza Strip because of the increasing hostile actions against its premises and personnel," a UN spokesman was quoted by Reuters news agency as saying.
On Thursday, the UN relief agency Unwra said one person had been killed and two injured when a fork-lift truck on a UN aid mission came under Israeli tank fire at Gaza's Erez crossing.
The Israeli army says it is looking into the matter.
The aid agencies' concerns come amid fears the conflict with Gaza militants may spread, with rockets fired on Israel from Lebanon.

At least three rockets were fired into northern Israel, prompting Israel to reply with artillery. The incident followed Israel's heaviest bombardment so far on Gaza in nearly two weeks of conflict, with 60 air strikes targeting Hamas facilities.
Israeli forces observed a three-hour pause in fighting to allow humanitarian aid into Gaza.
The first of what was promised to be a daily ceasefire - on Wednesday - allowed aid agencies into the territory for the first time in days.
Efforts have continued to broker a full ceasefire - a senior Israeli official is in Cairo to hear details of a plan put forward by Egypt and France.
A Hamas delegation is expected in the Egyptian capital at some stage for parallel "technical" talks, Egyptian diplomats said.

'Access denied'
The International Committee of the Red Cross accused Israel of failing in its international obligations after its staff were met with "shocking" scenes.

One medical team found 12 bodies in a shelled house, and alongside them four very young children, too weak to stand, waiting by their dead mothers, the ICRC said. Aid workers had been denied access to the site for days, it added.
"This is a shocking incident," Pierre Wettach, ICRC head for Israel and the Palestinian territories said in a statement.
"The Israeli military must have been aware of the situation but did not assist the wounded. Neither did they make it possible for us or the Palestinian Red Crescent to assist the wounded."
Correspondents say the criticism is unusually strong, coming from an agency considered to be neutral.
The Israeli army told Reuters news agency that any serious allegations would be properly investigated once a formal complaint was received.
Meanwhile, Amnesty International accused both sides of using civilians as human shields.
"Israeli soldiers have entered and taken up positions in a number of Palestinian homes, forcing families to stay in a ground floor room while they use the rest of their house as a military base and sniper position," it said in a statement.
While Palestinian families reported that in some cases Palestinian gunmen agreed to leave areas near civilian homes without firing at Israeli forces, the statement went on, "in other cases they have refused the residents' requests and only left after firing".
Nursing home
At least three Katyusha rockets were fired from southern Lebanon into the northern Israeli area of Nahariya early on Thursday.
One of the rockets hit a nursing home where some 25 elderly residents were eating breakfast in a nearby dining hall, the Jerusalem Post reports. At least two people were slightly wounded and a number of others were suffering from shock, Israeli officials said.

Israel immediately responded with five artillery shells into Lebanon, calling it a "pinpoint response at the source of fire".
Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora was swift to condemn the attack, and called for the army and UN to investigate.
The rocket attacks from Lebanon have raised concerns about a wider war in the region, says the BBC's Middle East Editor Jeremy Bowen.
In Gaza, Israel continued its offensive overnight with 60 airstrikes targeting police sites, 10 Hamas tunnels, weapons storage facilities, launching pads "and a number of armed gunmen", the Israeli army said.
Naval and artillery units "continued to support the ground forces" with one soldier lightly wounded, the army added.
About 700 Palestinian and 11 Israeli lives are said to have been lost since the offensive began 12 days ago.
Casualty claims in Gaza have been difficult to independently verify.
While the BBC has had Palestinian producers reporting from Gaza, Israel only allowed Western TV crews to enter on Wednesday, embedded with its army.
Stupid cunts!

:(

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
katie tully said:
Something is up with that.
Hezbollah is the most disciplined militia in the middle east if not the entire world. You can not begin to fathom how disciplined and coordinated they had to be to be as effective on the ground against Israel as they were. Infact they managed to push back tanks and armed vehicles on foot.

That rocket would not have come from Lebanon unless Hezbollah intended to get in on the fray, and so far they have no intention of doing that. Which is why that rocket firing is highly suspicious. It's pretty obvious Israel wants to renew it's war with Hezbollah, and so their immediate response is telling.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists. But either that rocket was fired from one of the many Palestinians who live in refugee camps in Lebanon, or it was a false-flag operation. A tactic which as edu.kidd pointed out (I don't agree with most of what he has said but this is a fact) is notorious for using.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sam04u said:
Something is up with that.
Hezbollah is the most disciplined militia in the middle east if not the entire world. You can not begin to fathom how disciplined and coordinated they had to be to be as effective on the ground against Israel as they were. Infact they managed to push back tanks and armed vehicles on foot.

That rocket would not have come from Lebanon unless Hezbollah intended to get in on the fray, and so far they have no intention of doing that. Which is why that rocket firing is highly suspicious. It's pretty obvious Israel wants to renew it's war with Hezbollah, and so their immediate response is telling.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists. But either that rocket was fired from one of the many Palestinians who live in refugee camps in Lebanon, or it was a false-flag operation. A tactic which as edu.kidd pointed out (I don't agree with most of what he has said but this is a fact) is notorious for using.
Hahha fuck you're shit.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol mad conspiracy theory bro.

Haha no comebacks for the fucking massive reuters story from john oliver yet eh?
oh noess the idf were right in blowing up terrorists!

Scissors

HSC
fuck. lebanon's fucked up big time. they've made things worse.

yo sam, do you support hamas?

Scissors

HSC
what we need now in palestine is a leader who isn't hung up on blowing israel into the sea, but rather someone who's willing to work with israel (if that's even possible) to broker a deal that'll work for both sides.

if we don't get that soon, this ordeal isn't going to end and more and more people are going to die.

sad thing is, most palestinians support hamas.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Scissors said:
fuck. lebanon's fucked up big time. they've made things worse.
Unless you know something which Hezbollah, the Israeli intelligence, and I don't know. Lebanon is not "fucked up big time". My understanding (which is corroborated by the other sources) is that it would have been Palestinian refugees firing the rockets in retaliation for 13-day long siege on the people of Gaza.

Israel in it's counter-attack against Lebanon did not target any Lebanese infrastructure apparently.

Hezbollah's al-Manar television and Lebanese officials announced that five rockets had landed on the Lebanese soil near the southern border with Israel. However, the artillery landed on desert areas causing no damage or casualties

Basically Israel fired a warning shot. Which suggests that I may have been incorrect in my statement that Israel would want to aggravate Hezbollah into a repeat of the July 2006 war. Even though Israel has been violating Lebanese airspace throughout this ordeal.

yo sam, do you support hamas?
I would have been a supporter of Yasser Arafat and the PLO in it's previous incarnation as the representative of the Palestinian peoples. However Israel undermined that organisation and instead chose to prop up the more militarised Hamas.

Do I support Hamas? Not really no. But then I didn't support John Howard, yet I still loved my country and the people in it.

The same is true in regards to my opinion of the Palestinian territories. Though I may not see eye to eye with them on all of their policies, I still recognise they are the legitimate government and as such should not be targeted in the way they are by Israel. Atleast that's what Israel claims it's doing. The statistics are there for anybody to see though. Israel is killing innocents, not 'militants'.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
I'm pretty sure Sam doesn't support Hamas.
Preempted me. You are correct. I do not support Hamas.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Scissors said:
sad thing is, most palestinians support hamas.
They support a resistance. The Palestinians are scared that one day their children will forget, that one day they will accept to live as refugees in other countries or accept the position they live in. So in order to ensure that never happens, they feel they must never surrender and never stop resisting the occupation and injustices. The problem is Israel has adopted a similar position, and so this makes it much harder to achieve peace. But the point is regardless of the attitude of the two parties, Israel is the party which is responsible for the injustice that keeps this cycle going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)