• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
As far as I was aware as of Jan 5th, Israel had been letting western journos in.
Not at all. The only reporters allowed into Gaza have been those which entered with the Israeli military and also had all their reports censored by military command. They wont allow Israeli soldiers to talk with the media, and the soldiers were not allowed to take phones or cameras into Gaza. I need to find that story for you.

This point aside, you have to be a complete idiot to not realise that Hamas controls all of the media within Gaza. Hell given the incidences of staged footage and staged photos, they're milking this as much as they can for a PR victory. Given the slaughter of Fatah aligned people by Hamas within Gaza, we can see that they are trying very hard to control the message here.
That's simply not true though. I mean the few international sources, physicians, etc, they're definitely not controlled by Hamas. Hamas has largely gone into hiding. They don't have the means to control the Gaza territory.

Have some sense that while Israel has been blockading foreign journalists, Hamas which controls the region wouldn't be involved in the widespread censorship and redirection of the message from inside Gaza?
No that's simply not true. Hamas does not have the ability to control every person who operates a camera, and every makeshift reporter.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
John Oliver said:
Yep everyone in Palestine right now was alive in 1948 and was expelled. Yep.
No, but their children are born in the refugee camp in Palestine. Now there are over 1 million refugees as a result. Though I hardly see your argument as effective. It was only 40 (expuslion was continious) years ago, a lot of them are still alive.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
I caught the post before the edit. Mads Gilbert? The dirty trot busted faking footage for news programs?
No dude. I just wasn't sure of the guys ethnicity. He's actually Norwegian.

Yes, he has been a makeshift correspondant for CNN and he's actually watched the station during this ordeal, albeit not as frequently as some of the others.

GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Gaza's main hospital, already overloaded with Palestinians wounded in the week-long Israeli air assault, has reached critical mass, according to a Norwegian doctor volunteering at Shifa Hospital.

A Palestinian father carries his wounded baby daughter into a hospital in Gaza City Sunday.

1 of 2 "The injured patients are mainly civilians, a lot of children with dreadful injuries," Dr. Erik Fosse told CNN on Monday, estimating that 20 percent of the more than 500 people dead were children.

"This figure is rising, and I think it has to do with the development of the war as it moves into the city," he added.

After a weeklong series of air strikes, Israel launched a ground assault Saturday night.

Palestinian medical officials said Israeli forces have killed 37 Palestinians -- both civilians and militants -- since moving into the territory. With those deaths, at least 507 Palestinians have been killed in the military operation, including about 100 women and children, officials said
"...ban news media that show too much support for the Palestinian Authority"

The same is true with Fatah and the Palestinian Authority. That ofcourse has nothing to do with this conflict, or the reporting of events in Gaza to the international community, now does it?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
You cannot sit there with a straight face and say Hamas isn't controlling the media. However, to go off record, they aren't controlling Gazacam, which I'm watching right now:

CastUP: NanaLiveSrv01

EDIT: The sound UAV's make is chilling, just like the sound of the dogs in COD: WaW
What exactly is happening there?

Zionist

HSC
quirkyfly said:
There you go again, talking crap.
I don't take people like you seriously.
I take your kind as scum. You know
what I'm talking about.
Adieu.
Since the beginning of violence in the Al-Aqsa Intifada in 2000, 29 suicide attacks have been carried out by youth under the age of 18.

Since May 2001, 22 shootings attacks and attacks using explosive devices were carried out by youth under the age of 18.

Since the beginning of 2001, more than 40 youths under the age of 18 were involved in attempted suicide bombings that were thwarted (of them, three during 2004).

On 29 March 2002, Ayat al-Akhras, a teenager from the Deheishe Refugee Camp near Bethlehem, detonated explosives strapped around her waist in a supermarket in Jerusalem, killing herself, a 17 year-old Israeli girl named Rachel Levy, and a 55 year-old security guard named Haim Smadar.

And these Child Murderous Arabs complained about the killings of children used as Human Shield by Hamas? What a JOKE! :chainsaw:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
You can hear basically a bunch of UAV's flying around (They're prop powered so they make the droning sound. They're staying in a pattern, diving then going back up again).

This other forum was going on about actually seeing bombing runs and stuff like that, so I thought I'd check it out. If I'm going to advocate Israel's position (Which I haven't entirely) I'd best pay attention to what's actually going on.
Link to the other forum?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Hamas has sought peace with the state of Israel, so much so infact that there was a 6 month cease-fire which Hamas honoured, whereas Israel didn't.
Sam, I have to say I am sick of us fighting. Maybe there's a better way. Look, from now on, let's neither of us attack each other's posts and go our separate ways OK?

*randomly fires bullets into Sam's house every few days*

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Trefoil said:
Sam, I have to say I am sick of us fighting. Maybe there's a better way. Look, from now on, let's neither of us attack each other's posts and go our separate ways OK?

*randomly fires bullets into Sam's house every few days*
You see the problem with that analogy is you missed several key points. For it to be apt I would need to have blocked you from leaving your house, or for friends and relatives from entering. I would then have to cut your energy supplies.

You would eventually begin to run out of food, water, and due to a lack of access to health care your health would slowly deteriorate. I would then have to break our truce by killing one of your family members. Finally if you responded by shooting spitballs at me through a straw from your top window, I would respond by throwing a molotov cocktail through that window.

That sounds like a more accurate analogy of Israel's response.

zstar

HSC
N/A
You people don't see the beauty of this war.

Somewhere somebody is making billions from selling F-16's and bunker busters to Israel. The military industrial complex profits greatly and are now running out of target rich environments.

Soon we will all become Palestinians.

m00

HSC
Exphate said:
They don't kill civilians, yet you've listed only 10 of 13 were soldiers? And Hamas is more successful? Huzzah. If only my mathematics was as amazing as yours! Especially with your hilarious psuedo-equation at the end there.

The Israelis have killed ~4oo Hamas fighters. I fail to see how the killing of 10 soldiers deems Hamas more successful than the Israelis. Sure, they have a higher hit rate, but the numbers speak for themselves.
you forgot that they killed 400 civilians in the process you deluded fuck, and thats considered FAIL especially taking in account their 'advanced' array of weapons and so called 'intelligence':

THERE IS A TERRORIST IN THE HOUSE LETS CARPET BOMB THE ENTIRE AREA AND MASSACRE 20 FAMILES IN THE PROCESS OR ELSE HE'LL GET AWAY, BRILLIANT IDEA SIR!!!111

Exphate: they are terrorists for killing soldiers what monstrous, sick individuals!

HSC
You're getting carried away...CHILL OUT!

Hamas has killed civilians, saying they don't is stupid. But making it out like they aim to kill civilians is even stupider. They cannot aim for shit, their weapons fail.

And, does anyone know how many Israelis have been injured?

HSC
Exphate said:
It's obvious they are retarded when trying to use their weapons. But if they aren't trying to kill civilians, why the hell are they consistantly firing rockets into Israel? Oh right, it's aimed at the military! How silly of me!

Which makes what the Israelis are doing NO DIFFERENT. Except for the fact the Israelis can aim
If Hamas was so anti Israel/'constantly firing rockets into Israel', why didn't they fire rockets during the ceasefire? Why would they wait until now? Do you realise that before this war began, over 100 people died because of the lack of supplies? I don't suppose you also know that Hamas doesn't make up the whole Palestinian society?

As i said before, they aren't 'aiming' at certain groups, they just fire at Israel. There are heaps of Arabs living in Israel, does Hamas care? I mean the first Israeli who died was an Arab, does this mean Hamas aimed at the person?

LOLZ I'm joking! I know Hamas aims at Jewish Israelis,&that they have awesome weapons, which kill over 10 people with each rocket! Whereas Israel only aims at terrorists. Those dead children, were terrorists. The journalists were terrorists. The UN workers were terrorists. The civilians were terrorists. The photographers were terrorists.

Yup. I see where we're getting at. Israel has been aiming at terrorists, and every Israeli dead was an innocent civilian. Stupid Hamas :chainsaw:

Edit: HA! Israel warns Palestinians to expect more pain. Isn't Israel just...lovely!

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
sam04u said:
You see the problem with that analogy is you missed several key points. For it to be apt I would need to have blocked you from leaving your house, or for friends and relatives from entering. I would then have to cut your energy supplies.

You would eventually begin to run out of food, water, and due to a lack of access to health care your health would slowly deteriorate. I would then have to break our truce by killing one of your family members. Finally if you responded by shooting spitballs at me through a straw from your top window, I would respond by throwing a molotov cocktail through that window.

That sounds like a more accurate analogy of Israel's response.
fucking win, the best post I have read all day. kudos.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
It could also have been that Neb literally approves of terrorism. It's an idiot who goes around in polite society espousing that view and not expecting to be at best censored, and at worst arrested by ASIO to determine their threat level.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
I assumed he crossed the line with something. Iron/Rafy are really quite fair mods but if you spam stuff or post utter bullshit, you will lose a few days.

EDIT: Threats are the ones that really set them off, I think, because it really casts a dark shadow on debates in this place.

Along the lines of "FUCK YOU U CUNT IF I FIND WHERE U LIVE CUNT UR DEAD CUNT".

Trefoil said:
It could also have been that Neb literally approves of terrorism. It's an idiot who goes around in polite society espousing that view and not expecting to be at best censored, and at worst arrested by ASIO to determine their threat level.
uhh... mods? :)

lol just kidding, you see I'm not someone who supports censorship of views that don't match my own/my neighbors/my governments etc etc etc.

Last edited:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
He was posting random threats earlier, AFAIK.
Ouch, I hope not.

Exphate said:
Papa Mike’s Blog � Blog Archive � Hamas Cowards!!
Yeah I read before about a family that got bombed in their home in Gaza. Then I read that they were storing rockets underneath the house and that the IDF called them to tell them that they were going to bomb the house and the guy still chose to stay there with his 4 wives, kids etc. Fault of the IDF? LOL.
But the IDF decides to hit UNWRA hospitals and schools because rockets are being fired from NEARBY? Wut? And do you really believe that they should get away with this with no repercussions? If hamas did this the whole world would be in a uproar but if the IDF does it then it's cool.

NotNeb

Banned
HSC
Neb supports NGO's targeting civilians in order to achieve their goals and motives. I consider this to be reprehensible, I don't want to censor him, because I feel that his own posts convict him as the idiot he is.
This oversimplifies the situation. I support Hamas targeting Israeli civilians, IN THEORY, because the Israeli civilians are an occupying force. If a Jew walked into your home and called it their own, would you punch them in the nose? I certainly would!

Rageeb said:
uhh - i haven't posted here for a while but neb is banned now? wth happened there?
Iron is power hungry. DO NOT INSULT IRON OR ELSE YOU'LL BE BANNED.

Apparently I'm anti-Semitic. Ban all the anti-Arab fuckers here and he'd have a point. Until then, stfu! Also, I wasn't threatening people, unless you believe that "I'm gonna smack u in the face" is a realistic threat.

^_^

No biggie.

Exphate said:
Which makes what the Israelis are doing NO DIFFERENT. Except for the fact the Israelis can aim
It's different for the reasons Sam outlined. Stop being a stupid fuck and grown a brain.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
NotNeb said:
This oversimplifies the situation. I support Hamas targeting Israeli civilians, IN THEORY
That's also what you posted about the Mumbai terrorists; you support gunmen randomly killing civilians, IN THEORY. You were just unhappy the Mumbai gunmen didn't blame Israel for their murder spree.

I'm not sure how much more shit a human can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)