• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (2 Viewers)

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
It's because people were posting hectic amounts of abortion pictures in pro life threads.
ROFLMAO, I just shot water through my nose all over the desk infront of me because of that post. Fucking hell, L-O-L :rofl:.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
hmm, check mate... that is one water tight post.

John Oliver said:
I will admit to a certain degree of bias, I do feel that I cannot side with a state that wants to bring back Crucifiction and has a quite astonishingly poor record on allowing freedom of speech (through the presses and otherwise) and through Hamas' own track record of trying to kill all those who oppose their current governance (Given they have a mandate from god or whatever * cough cough*)
As will I, in the same way I can't side with a state that believes that the current actions are a justifiable response. I know that this is completely subjective and I'm sure I would feel differently if I was one of the innocent Israelis that lost someone from a rocket but killing 850 people and hurting a 3500? I just can't pass that off as a reasonable price to pay. It's just not a proportional response (from where I am sitting) when you consider how little (if anything) Israel will achieve with the attack. All they have done is create a bunch of new fighters thanks to this new attack who would be thirsty for revenge, regardless of what it may/may not achieve.
And cmon, you can't argue with Hamas' mandate from god can you :)?

and on that note I bid you all goodnight!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
On pure bodycount alone, sure. On Ethical foundation and moral intent, no.
What moral intent? The israeli prime minister clearly made it clear that israel does not want to crush Hamas. So other then killing as many civillians that they can, just to teach hamas a lesson, i dont see that their "intent" makes them even slightly better then Hamas.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Rageeb said:
hmm, check mate... that is one water tight post.

As will I, in the same way I can't side with a state that believes that the current actions are a justifiable response. I know that this is completely subjective and I'm sure I would feel differently if I was one of the innocent Israelis that lost someone from a rocket but killing 850 people and hurting a 3500? I just can't pass that off as a reasonable price to pay. It's just not a proportional response (from where I am sitting) when you consider how little (if anything) Israel will achieve with the attack. All they have done is create a bunch of new fighters thanks to this new attack who would be thirsty for revenge, regardless of what it may/may not achieve.
And cmon, you can't argue with Hamas' mandate from god can you :)?

and on that note I bid you all goodnight!
Goodnight Rageeb :wave:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
The intelligent point to make. I will admit to a certain degree of bias, I do feel that I cannot side with a state that wants to bring back Crucifiction and has a quite astonishingly poor record on allowing freedom of speech (through the presses and otherwise) and through Hamas' own track record of trying to kill all those who oppose their current governance (Given they have a mandate from god or whatever * cough cough*)
Israel doesnt really allow free speech like the way you make it out to be. Journalists are getting banned, mistreated and shot at, and really, in one way or another all countries try to somehow limit free speech, only that some countries limit it waaayy more then others in certain areas, and its something that i dont agree with either.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
I can't see this working in Israel's benefit, and I cannot see Israel pursuing a path of anything other than self interest. I think their current goal is to undermine Hamas' support and make it very clear to the Palestinian community that if they support Hamas they should expect reprisals.

Not an entirely kosher platform to promote to a bunch of starved, angry people, but one that I can understand the rationalisation behind.
Killing hundreds of innocent civillians, some who dont even support Hamas, and breaching international rules of war, just to show them that Hamas wont protect them, is a very, very, very cheap and revolting tactic on behalf of Israel; a country that states that its a modern one.

its just like "HA! WE KILLED YOU ALL, NOW LETS SEE HOW HAMAS WILL PROTECT YOU"

Disgusting!

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
haha
He was somewhat Palinesque

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Oh shurrr!
Also the painful stuff Palin would do, where they just run their mouth off like a tap while they're obviously, VAINLY searching their files for something intelligent to say

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
Hamas rocket chief is killed

THE mastermind of Hamas’s long-range rocket attacks on Israel was killed yesterday in an airstrike, according to Israeli military sources.

Amir Mansi, an engineer who commanded cells responsible for firing Grad rockets supplied by Iran, died after coming under attack from a helicopter.

The Israeli army said he had been trying to fire mortar shells at their troops when he was targeted. Mansi headed the Hamas military wing’s Gaza Strip rocket division and “played a big role in Grad rocket attacks on Israeli communities”, a military spokesman said.

He was killed after a Grad struck the Israeli town of Gedera, near the Tel Nof airbase, where nuclear weapons are believed to be stored.

His death was disclosed as Israeli forces said they had surrounded Gaza City, putting nearly 1m Palestinians under siege. Leaflets dropped by air warned that the 15-day-old offensive would be escalated.

More than 800 Palestinians and 13 Israelis have died in the conflict. Nine people, including two children, were killed in a Gaza garden yesterday.

A 20,000-strong protest in central London ended in clashes with police last night. Three officers were injured after coming under “sustained attack” near the Israeli embassy from protesters armed with baseball bats and placards.

Hamas rocket chief is killed - Times Online
Hamas kingpins killed: II
Gazan police killed:
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Gazan civilians killed:

yay!

Re iran: Disturbing that Israel would use Gaza as a test, but I don't fully doubt that's part of the reason.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Israel is stupid, and they will pay for what they've done. They've killed one person who organised the firing of rockets into Israel, but created a million new people to take his place. I personally, will never forgive Israel for killing my brothers and sisters in Palestine.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
Real mature, bradley.
There is no valid justification for what Israel has done. It might be that you don't feel a connection to the Palestinians, and thus you would have no reason of caring about those that died who are merely "collateral damage". But as my brothers and sisters, I care about the Palestions and as such, without that valid justification Israel has murdered my brothers and sisters and I will not forgive them.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lets get over this 'no valid justification' biz. Thousands of rocket attacks over 8 years and Israel was pretty quiet. Would America wait 8 minutes in the same position? Would we expect them to? Israel is trying to keep its citizens out of harms way - Hamas is putting its citizens IN harms way.

Hundreds of civilians are dead and this is a tragedy, but is it at all comparable to, say, the firebombing of Dresden? How did the British react to the 'relatively minor' rocket attacks on its cities? The obliteration of Hiroshima? Israel has been as restrained and as careful as can be expected.

I'm all for Palestinian statehood, but the people are stupid. You dont provoke a nation like Israel

Last edited:
HSC
Haven't you SEEN what they have been doing to the Palestinians over the years?! What about the children who have been abused? The children who have been sent to gaol? The children being tortured? The men who were torured in gaol? The people killed? Lack of supply?

What about how the Israelis treat other people? They seem to spend most of their money on buying weapons, yet this is seen as 'normal' because they're protecting themselves. Fuck off. If they weren't attacking people whenever they pleased they wouldn't need these weapons to 'protect themselves'. As for the thousands of rockets that have hit Israel, can you prove that any were fired during the ceasefire? I recall Israel broke that, which is the cause of this. As for the 6 years that past, wasn't the 'ceasefire' so that they could control this all and try and move on? But no. It's Hamas' fault, and therefore the Palestinians must die in order for Israelis to feel more safe.

Many Palestinians died because they weren't allowed to cross a few border, to get to hospitals. Did you know that there were some who were NOT treated, and as a result died? Did you know that they weren't treated because they're Palestinians? Did you know that a Palestinian patient was being treated during this war without anesthesia and told the doctor to 'just let me die'? What about the torture methods used by Israel over the years?

Hundreds of people died, that's very sad, does it make this right? Does the fact that more people are murdered in other countries make this more 'normal'? Should we just free all the criminals, because there are worse criminals around the world? The people are stupid? And you're smarter? If someone was attacking you and your children, you'd be friends with them? Yeah right!

Do you people even care about the civilians dying?

If we looked at the shit Israel has done to Palestinians, and compared it with the shit Hamas has done to Israelis, i think Palestinians would have more reason to protect themselves than the Israelis.

rasengan90

HSC
Iran has just warned Hamas not to take the Egyptian/French deal. Thats fucking wonderful. The only viable end to this silly war and Iran is sticking their noses in.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
sam04u said:
They've killed one person who organised the firing of rockets into Israel, but created a million new people to take his place.
I think that too, they have just bolstered the ranks of the Hamas during these attacks. Some of the affected people might do what schro said and try to prevent tragedies like this from ever happening to anyone else but most will just be pissed at the Israelis for killing their father/mother/brother/sister etc and will join the fight against Israel.

Iron said:
What a tard.

---------------- Now playing: Breaking Benjamin - The Diary Of Jane via FoxyTunes

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
It's funny how Israel keeps asserting Hamas needs to be disarmed. I am of the opinion that Israel must be disarmed. Israel can not be trusted with weapons which can cause human suffering, as they've shown that they do not have empathy to human beings outside of Israel's borders.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
John Oliver said:
:spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

EDIT: And I think we should carve the face of hitler into the moon, but just because I think something doesn't mean anyone will take it seriously. Also samdahabib you used to be all about the internet messengers and now you're dead to me. Dead. To. Me.
I'm on MSN now. I've been having serious computer troubles in the last month or so. (Atleast two computers have died on me) So yes, limited internet activity which is mostly devoted to TF2, CN and BoS.

Gerald10

HSC
Iron said:
Lets get over this 'no valid justification' biz. Thousands of rocket attacks over 8 years and Israel was pretty quiet. Would America wait 8 minutes in the same position? Would we expect them to?
I saw somewhere the analogy of a crazed man screaming at your door threatening to come in and kill you. Of course in that situation you would want a police response not equal in force (one cop) but everything the police had available. That sounds reasonable.

But when they get there and find out that it was actually the crazy guys house that you had squatted in and locked him in the hallway for five years occasionally throwing him a potato the whole issue of what is and isn't reasonable isn't so clear is it?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
DkAssain said:
ok jb_nc lets say iam gonna come and do something to you that would hurt you and your family(lets say maybe kill u eg wht israel is doin)

Now i posted this warning of my attack...

Now a couple days later i proceed with this warning and i end up "hurting u"

Now does this make me a good bloke even though through the result of my actions i have hurt not only u but i have also hurt every1 around u (not in a physical way but an emotional 1)

answer that plz~
lol. fuckin honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)