Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
UN backs down on 'school massacre' in Gaza | The Australian

THE UN has retracted claims over one of the biggest controversies in the Gaza war, admitting that an Israeli mortar attack that killed 43 people did not hit a school run by a UN agency.
Old news really. The mortars hit the surrounding areas of the school compound and didn't actually hit the school. They had an article in BBC (before the above article was posted up) which showed IIRC 3 explosions outside the school walls. Doesn't change the fact that the IDF had deliberately targetted an area which is densely populated area (as the UN school had been used as a refugee shelter) which was what the international press had beef with in the first place.

Meanwhile Australian Jewish-Muslim relations have struck a low in light of comments by Ikebal Patel chairman of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils comparing the Holocaust to the operation in Gaza and refusing to withdraw such claims.

Well done Muslims, being really multicultural and peace-seeking there!
Jews don't have a monopoly on suffering. The comparison (AFAIK) is in relation to some of the methods used, and not the numbers of deaths, or the ideologies of the Nazis, or the gas chambers, or all the other things. Had a few pics depicting similar scenes... big deal. If the Jewish groups want to kick a hissy fit because Ikebal struck a raw nerve, that's their decision but don't try and lump all the blame on one party. If there were no scenes of destruction, there would be no pics to compare what happened in WWII eh?

In other news:

POLITICS: Gaza Tensions Shadow U.N. Holocaust Ceremony

UNITED NATIONS, Jan 27 (IPS) - The president of the United Nations General Assembly was a last-minute no-show at the U.N.'s annual ceremony commemorating the Holocaust, following an intense lobbying campaign by pro-Israel organisations to have him removed from the programme.

Father Miguel d'Escoto Brockmann had come under fire for his harsh criticisms of Israeli policies, leading to suspicions that his failure to deliver a scheduled speech at the event was due to political considerations.

The incident comes at a delicate time in the U.N.-Israel relationship, which has always been rocky but has been further frayed by the recent war in Gaza.

One elderly attendee at Monday's event said that there were plans for audience members to turn their backs to the stage in protest if d'Escoto spoke.

The attendee did not know whether any group was behind the planned protest, saying that he had heard of it by word of mouth. Although he admitted that he was not sure exactly who d'Escoto was or what he had said, he planned to participate in it.

Since d'Escoto became General Assembly president in September 2008, the Nicaraguan priest has frequently attacked Israeli policies in ways that have drawn outcries from critics.

In November, he accused Israel of "crucifying our Palestinian brothers and sisters" and referred to it as an "apartheid state". In December, he decried Israel's refusal to allow U.N. Special Rapporteur Richard Falk into the country and announced that he had received death threats as a result of his political views.

And on Jan. 14, he labeled Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip as "genocide" - a remark that may have been the immediate impetus for the recent calls for his removal.
Also, let's have a look at how the world views Israel (it isn't only the Muslim-Jewish relations that have struck a low ;)):

Views of China and Russia Decline in Global Poll - World Public Opinion

The largest number of countries - 19 out of 21 - give negative ratings to Israel. The two exceptions are Americans (where slightly more are positive) and Russians (who are divided). On average, 51 per cent in countries polled say it is having a negative influence and 21 per cent say it is having a positive influence.

It should be noted that most polling occurred before Israel undertook its military operation in Gaza, and before the recent interruption in Russian gas supplies to Europe.
Funny, saw a doco on Russian Jews in Israel saying they should put someone like Putin in charge of Israel. ololol.

Zionist

HSC
Old news really. The mortars hit the surrounding areas of the school compound and didn't actually hit the school. They had an article in BBC (before the above article was posted up) which showed IIRC 3 explosions outside the school walls. Doesn't change the fact that the IDF had deliberately targetted an area which is densely populated area (as the UN school had been used as a refugee shelter) which was what the international press had beef with in the first place.
Yet most of you terrorist supporters accused israel of bombing UN school more than 100 times. Time to repent your sin to Allah for LYING. Liars! :haha:

HSC
Soo funny now that Nebuchanezzar,Bigboyjames, Shiftyicequeen,sam and other terrorist supporters can shove UN school up their arse :D
Just because you're fucked up and don't care about human life, it doesn't mean i'm a terrorist.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
i dont see whats funny. UN made a mistake. its a shit organization anyway.
The United Nations made more than a mistake. The Irish national who represented the UNRWA in Gaza intentionally led on the international community that Israel had struck the UN school and even though not directly claiming that such an event occured did nothing to halt claims around the world that such an act had occured.

An apology to Israel is in order.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
That's laughable - Hamas is still firing rockets into soverign Israel. You just don't hear about it, because like the last 9 years, nobody cares.

tempco

HSC
Get out of their backyard and they'll have no reason to fire rockets. Israel's complaining that they're being attacked by guard dogs after trampling on someone elses land. Logical bunch, eh?

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza in 2005. They are in no ones land but their own. :)

I wouldn't call terrorists who target children as guard dogs. I would call them the lowliest of all beings and just dogs.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza in 2005. They are in no ones land but their own. :)

I wouldn't call terrorists who target children as guard dogs. I would call them the lowliest of all beings and just dogs.
Even if you think they've withdrawn, you have to admit they still control Gaza which is almost as bad. Eg the the right to exit or enter Gaza, the supply of medicine, fuel and other basic goods, the possibility to transport crops to export markets, the ability to use electric lights etc.

"There is an air blockade. Israel has not allowed Gaza's international airport to re-open. "
Total control of goods in and out of Gaza - devastates economy.

"Isreael has retained control of the Palestinian population registry"

"Israel has withheld payment of tax revenue it owes the Palestinians worth hundreds of millions of dollars. "
-uk bbc news.

Dude it is terrorism to blow up a building when you know civilians (including children) are in it. Therefore Israel is a terrorist. It is just as bad as targetting civilans. So the only difference is that Israel has killed so many more civilians than the toy rockets have.
More than 1,100 Palestinians have been killed in the offensive, about half civilians, according to Palestinian and U.N. officials. At least 13 Israelis have also died. ...four other attacks that hit civilian targets, including the U.N. headquarters in Gaza. The army investigation also includes the shelling of a hospital, a media center and the home of a well-known doctor.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
They still control Gaza which is almost as bad. Eg the the right to exit or enter Gaza, the supply of medicine, fuel and other basic goods, the possibility to transport crops to export markets, the ability to use electric lights etc.

"There is an air blockade. Israel has not allowed Gaza's international airport to re-open. "
Total control of goods in and out of Gaza - devastates economy.

"Isreael has retained control of the Palestinian population registry"

"Israel has withheld payment of tax revenue it owes the Palestinians worth hundreds of millions of dollars. "
-uk bbc news.

Dude it is terrorism to blow up a building when you know civilians (including children) are in it. Therefore Israel is a terrorist. It is just as bad as targetting civilans. So the only difference is that Israel has killed so many more civilians than the toy rockets have.
More than 1,100 Palestinians have been killed in the offensive, about half civilians, according to Palestinian and U.N. officials. At least 13 Israelis have also died
According to your logic just about every nation who has engaged in a war is responsible of terrorism and is therefore a terrorist. The difference between Hamas and Israel is that Hamas' aim is to target civillians. Israel's aim is to target militants. These militants are operating from civillian houses, places of worship etc.

Do you propose that Israel continues to tolerate rockets fired into her civillian populations at a growing, more dangerous rate? I think that Israel has been very t olerant since disengagement in 2005. Would you be as tolerant if Sydney was firing rockets upon Wollongong?

What do you then propose as a solution? Diplomacy with an organisation that does not recognise your fundamental right to exist doesn't work.

The Israeli military abandoned a planned air strike on the home of a Palestinian fighter in Gaza after hundreds of Palestinians formed a human shield around the building.
Hundreds of people surrounded the home of Weil Baroud, a commander of the Popular Resistance Committees in the northern town of Beit Lahiya, after he was told by the Israeli army late on Saturday that the building was going to be bombed. He was given 30 minutes to leave.
An Israeli military spokesman confirmed that the raid had been called off because of the protest.

"The attack plan was cancelled because of the people there. We differentiate between innocent people and terrorists," he said.
Source: Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Palestinians block Israeli air raid

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
According to your logic just about every nation who has engaged in a war is responsible of terrorism and is therefore a terrorist. The difference between Hamas and Israel is that Hamas' aim is to target civillians. Israel's aim is to target militants. These militants are operating from civillian houses, places of worship etc.

Do you propose that Israel continues to tolerate rockets fired into her civillian populations at a growing, more dangerous rate? I think that Israel has been very t olerant since disengagement in 2005. Would you be as tolerant if Sydney was firing rockets upon Wollongong?

What do you then propose as a solution? Diplomacy with an organisation that does not recognise your fundamental right to exist doesn't work.
Source: Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Palestinians block Israeli air raid
Gazans have killed 3 civilans. Israel has killed 1,200 Palestinians, over half civilans, including 410 children. Are you saying that Israel didn't know it was killing civilans?
"Would you be as tolerant if Sydney was firing rockets upon Wollongong?"
How would you react if Wollongong had the 5th largest army in the world, was occupying Sydney, bombing it, killing children, and devastating the economy. So they retaliate by making rockets out of scrap metal and firing them, killing 3 civilans as opposed to over a thousand.
If these rockets are so lethal then why doesn't Israel swap their fighter jets and bombs and tanks and white phosporus shells for a few of them - cause some real damage!
The attacks on Gaza are not really in retaliation to the rockets. The rockets are clearly in retaliation to Israel's occupation, attacks and control.

tempco

HSC
West Bank, blockade, etc. Cmon, you know the drill.

Same here.

At least one thing Hamas has is transparency. They don't hide the fact that they fire whatever home-made rockets they have into civilian areas. While Hamas might prefer if civilians are killed, there is no guarantee because of Israel's precautions against rocket attacks. On the other hand, we have the IDF churning out "we don't deliberately target civilians", yet they fire mortars into areas packed with innocent civilians to kill two Hamas militia men (UN school incident discussed earlier). They know civilians will die, and they continue to fire missles, mortars and tank shells because - to put it plainly - the lives of Israeli soldiers are more valuable than the lives of Palestinian civilians. Stategic decision, but lets call a spade a spade already.

Do you propose that Israel continues to tolerate rockets fired into her civillian populations at a growing, more dangerous rate? I think that Israel has been very tolerant since disengagement in 2005. Would you be as tolerant if Sydney was firing rockets upon Wollongong?

Again, typical arguments that are basically flawed. The Wollongong militia aren't holding Sydney at gun point, are they? If they are, do you agree that things would be different?

I propose Israel take steps towards peace. Haven't seen much for the past few months. Why should Israel be the first? Because they've been putting themselves on the moral pedestal for far too long without having the actions to back their fluff. They haven't even stopped building settlements in the West Bank... they've actually sped construction up. So much for peace.

So do any pro-Isreal posters here agree with the illegal and destructive nature of the settlements in the West Bank (and occupation in general), and that Israel needs to really change their approach if they are genuinely interested in peace? You don't see much of these people around. The blockade on Gaza isn't helping either. If you're going to throw the population of Gaza into poverty, you can't expect them to start throwing flowers at you instead of rockets.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I support the settlements in the West Bank. I support the former residents of Gush Katif who were uprooted from their homes in Gaza in an honest effort of peace and have once again become the targets of Islamic terrorism now in Israel proper and still without a proper home. I support an Israel that has defended herself in the midst of Arab terrorism, violence and hostility. I support the disengagement from Sinai where lasting peace between Egypt and Israel was the outcome.

I support the Moderate Arabs of Jordan and Egypt who realise the value of Israel and her right to exist in the Middle East.

I do not support the Arab terrorists who, in 1920, 1921 and 1929 (when there was no Jewish State and no Settlements) slaughtered Jews in Jerusalem, Jafa, Tsfat and Hebron. I do not support these oppressed Palestinians who killed 67 Jews in one day in Hebron in 1929.

I do not support the Arab terrorists who praised when the twin towers fell. I do not support the Arab terrorists who killed 510 Jewish men, women and children between 1936 and 1939 when there was no Gush Katif, when there was no Ma'ale Adumim, when there was no Israel.

I do not support the Arab terrorists who went against a UN Proposed Partition Plan in 1947 which would create a tiny Jewish state alongside a huge "Palestinian" state. I do not support them having killed 6,000 Jews.

If the Arab terrorists had not attacked Israel in 1967 they would of had the land they now use explosives, firebombs and stones to antagonise, kill, maim and frighten with.

The West Bank will remain "occupied" because the Palestinians have shown that when given democratic power they elect parties opposed to peace, parties that call for the destruction of their neighbour.

The operation in Gaza finished too soon. May G-d save the people of Gaza when Netanyahu takes office and when we will see a true end to incessant rocketfire that has rained down on Israeli men, women and children for too long. May the people of Gaza be free'd from the evil hands of Hamas who steal UN supplies and sell them to their people at a cost when they were meant to be free.

G-d bless the State of Israel :)

tempco

HSC
Re: Israel killed 155 Terrorists in Gaza Airstrike

lol ok. :uhoh:

Should've known I guess.. you've got the Likud party sig. Sneaky though... you've slotted in some controversial stuff with some obviously agreeable stuff. Won't bother though because you're that type.

HSC
N/A
Re: Israel killed 155 Terrorists in Gaza Airstrike

lol jewjared. for gods sake, do you read what you type? your like a propaganda machine for Israel on BOS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)