Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

gerhard

HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

R.G. said:
if they are attacking civillians then why did they send out letters or warning telling the civillians to flee the area they are bombing????

Im not saying war is right but if the Arab countries wont agree on peace and keeping sending in people who are willing to blow themselves up and kill hundereds, what else do you propose israel does? stand back and let it carry on happening???
arab countries arent sending people anywhere.

this latest incident didnt occur because of hundreds of israeli citizens dying, but because of two israeli soldiers who were kidnapped in lebanon

in retaliation, israel has killed over 50 civilians. they would have known/predicted that this loss of life would occur.

you are creating a false dilemma. israel had more options than to stand back and let it carry on happening or do what it did. israels response is way out of proportion to the crime committed.

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC

you say israel has no regard for civilian lives....and a suicide bomber strapped with explosives, nails and bolts ready to bomb other INNOCENT civilians definately regards civilian lives

I DONT THINK SO

israel has offered many peace proposals to the palestinan people which have all been rejected by them and now thta a terrorist organisation is in place she rightly refuses to negotaite with them. concerning other arab nations....iran for example....you find me a country that wants to negotaite with another country who wishes to wipe them off the face of the earth!

israel will NOT wait aorund twiddling their thumbs while the lebanese people try and get rid of hezbollah and they have israeli soldiers in captive....theyll show them themselves!

R.G.

HSC

shit? clearly you dont know what you are talking about, israel has wanted peace for a very long time, the whole world has wanted peace, but these Arab extremesits, who seem to be a growing population continue to cause chaos all over the world, India,Lodon, America only when its Australia you will all sit up and take proper notice.

As i said is israel ment to sit back twiddling their thumbs while suicide bombers waltz into cafes,onto buses and kill hundereds about hundereds of civilians.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

Lebanon have rightfully been trying to get rid of "hezbollah" quietly for years now. Why is Israel targeting Lebanese civilians? What did the Lebanese civilians do to deserve death? Answer me that!

regul8

HSC

ok now a lebanese group captured, killed and injured some israeli 'SODLIERS'. somehow that justifies the cold blooded murder of families including women and children that have nothing to do with the attacks. there are obvious mistakes from both sides you would think the more powerfull of the 2 could make responsible decisions over how to deal with a situation that never had to reach this far...

jenzipoo

HSC

why is the hamas government supporting and funding suicide bombers to yes ching ching KILL INNOCENT CIVILANS....you tell me

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

jenzipoo said:
why is the hamas government supporting and funding suicide bombers to yes ching ching KILL INNOCENT CIVILANS....you tell me
Hamas is Palestinian. What has this got to do with Lebanon and the current events unfolding there right now?

jenzipoo

HSC

well im sure if they KNEW where the people reponsible were hiding they go after them but clearly not or else theyd have their soldiers back (and your inverted comma humour isnt appreciated when these soldiers have trained hard and risked their lives to protect their country)

R.G.

HSC

sweety, i dont think they are attacking civillians, like any other war civillians get killed its the cold hard truth of wars.

I think israel should've taken further efforts to avoid a situation like this, but i dont know what else they could've done they have tried talking and clearly it doesnt work.

Generator

HSC
N/A

Martyno1 said:
Hamas is Palestinian. What has this got to do with Lebanon and the current events unfolding there right now?
Maybe it has something to do with Hezbollah stating that one of their aims for the raid was to show support for the Palestinians?

Edit: They still haven't update the The World Today archive so that it includes yesterday's transcripts, but this lateline report should suffice for now - http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2006/s1685274.htm

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC

in repsonse to hamas not being palestinanin....no shit! but there has been proven links ebtween hamas and hezbollah and dont u find it quite ironic that the kidnapping of the soldiers occurs at the same time as Hamas is in deep strife with israel, the international world and its people

R.G.

HSC

All those groups want the same thing, to wipe out israel.

regul8

HSC

R.G. said:
shit? clearly you dont know what you are talking about, israel has wanted peace for a very long time, the whole world has wanted peace, but these Arab extremesits, who seem to be a growing population continue to cause chaos all over the world, India,Lodon, America only when its Australia you will all sit up and take proper notice.

As i said is israel ment to sit back twiddling their thumbs while suicide bombers waltz into cafes,onto buses and kill hundereds about hundereds of civilians.

now if israel wanted peace they would have not sent jetfighters over lebanon killing civilains. and im quite sure israel knows that such actions will only cause the number of extremists to grow. hows that ever going to bring peace? the attacks will ultimately lead to a rise of suicide bombers etc.

no doubt these extremist are unwanted by EVERYONE including muslims because these people are only a loud minority that ruin everything for the innocent.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

Generator said:
Maybe it has something to do with Hezbollah stating that one of their aims for the raid was to show support for the Palestinians?

Edit: They still haven't update the The World Today archive so that it includes yesterday's transcripts, but this lateline report should suffice for now - http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2006/s1685274.htm
That still doesn't give Israel a reason to kill 55 civilians. I would support getting rid of "Hezbollah" off the face of the planet, but not in the style that Israel is doing it. The EU and Russia have condemned these attacks on Lebanon and I'm sure the EU and Russia are smarter than a lot of the people on this forum who seem to think that Israel attacking Lebanese civilians is fine?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

jenzipoo said:
in repsonse to hamas not being palestinanin....no shit! but there has been proven links ebtween hamas and hezbollah and dont u find it quite ironic that the kidnapping of the soldiers occurs at the same time as Hamas is in deep strife with israel, the international world and its people
You have failed to explain to me why this gives Israel a right to attack Lebanese civilians in Beirut. Maybe you just want to see as many Lebanese people die as possible?

jenzipoo

HSC

hahhaaha let me explain something

israel's short term goal: get the soldiers back

long term goal: peace

if israel tries to attain its long term goal now then their soldiers would be dead..

R.G.

HSC

on top of that, killing 55 civillians wasnt their aim

Generator

HSC
N/A

Martyno1 said:
That still doesn't give Israel a reason to kill 55 civilians. I would support getting rid of "Hezbollah" off the face of the planet, but not in the style that Israel is doing it. The EU and Russia have condemned these attacks on Lebanon and I'm sure the EU and Russia are smarter than a lot of the people on this forum who seem to think that Israel attacking Lebanese civilians is fine?
Ah, though some here do appear to be excusing the collateral damage, from what I have read nobody here thinks that the deaths following the attacks on civilian targets are fine.

Edit: Excusing it in a manner that doesn't condone it, I should say.

Last edited:

jenzipoo

HSC

Martyno1 said:
You have failed to explain to me why this gives Israel a right to attack Lebanese civilians in Beirut. Maybe you just want to see as many Lebanese people die as possible?
dont you dare accuse me of wishing death upon anyone!

Israel is the smallest country in the middle east...1/3 of the size of Tasmania....it is surrounded by 9 arab nations

When its own civilains are threatened especially its soldiers it will demand their release...nothing was done....well tough shit isnt it because how else will they ever get the soldiers back?

they will back down as soon as their soldiers are freed...its your own militants that are allowing this to continue!

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC

It doesn't matter if it was their aim or not. The fact is, at least 55 civilians have been killed in Lebanon due to Israeli attacks and they are not letting anybody escape from the country to safety as they have attacked all possible routes to Damascus and are patrolling the Mediterranean Sea, preventing anybody from escaping to Cyprus or Greece. This is not acceptable on Israel's part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)