• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

davidcohen

HSC
bro listen up.. the calls of Allah have told me this. .. the reason behind Israel attacking that 3rd world infrastructure is because who is running the country ?? the government (who is playing the silent game) or hezbollah.... CLEARLY HEZBOLLAH...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
davidcohen said:
bro listen up.. the calls of Allah have told me this. .. the reason behind Israel attacking that 3rd world infrastructure is because who is running the country ?? the government (who is playing the silent game) or hezbollah.... CLEARLY HEZBOLLAH...
Israel has given different reasons.

But it doesnt matter, the bombing of civilian infrastructure is a war crime. Dont justify Israeli war crimes, you lose credibility.

sasha0101

HSC
Jordan.J said:
This is where you're lack of knowledge of the situation is shown.

Israel have attcked Lebanese army barracks. Thats a fact

The Lebanese army lack the capacity to resist the attacks by the Israeli Air Force, which is one of the most advanced in the world. Thats a fact.

Resistance on the ground is different. The Lebanese president and the Lebanese defence minister have said that if Israel try to invade then the army will protect Lebanon.

and finally, Israel have they're only targeting Hezbollah but they're hitting the whole nation. Lebanese infrastructure, airports, civilians, communication towers, factories are all being targeted. Im not making this up:

BEIRUT, July 23 (Reuters) - Israeli bombing of a crowded Beirut neighbourhood where Hizbollah had its headquarters has breached humanitarian law, a senior United Nations official said on Sunday.

"It is horrific. I did not know it was block after block of houses," Jan Egeland, the U.N. emergency relief coordinator, told reporters as he toured the shattered Haret Hreik district. "It makes it a violation of humanitarian law."

The British foreign minister has even stated that Israel is hitting the whole nation.

To put it simply, Israel are commiting war crimes as outlined by the Geneva Convention.
HAHAHAHAH as opposed to the arabs hoo r sticking to the guidlines of the Geneva Convention n just about every other decleration?!u fight fire with fire

davidcohen

HSC
its a war crime if they are proven that there is no evidence behind the reasoning of the destruction of the infrastructure, im sorry if u doing law at uni and got a uai of 99.95 but you should be aware of it

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
To put it simply, Israel are commiting war crimes as outlined by the Geneva Convention.
Not really, maybe you think they are, but they're essentially playing by the books.

Anyway my position is;

- Hezbollah has a 100% right to defend the lebanese people from occupation or invasion by Israeli forces.
- Hezbollah as an organisation deserves to remain in place.
- Israel has a right to defend themselves from terrorist attacks and to occasionally go on the offensive against such terrorists.
- Israel does not target civilians.
- Hezbollah do mix with the civilian population.
- Israel has gone too far in the current war and should stop immediately, Hezbollah should free the two soldiers as a part of this deal.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sasha0101 said:
HAHAHAHAH as opposed to the arabs hoo r sticking to the guidlines of the Geneva Convention n just about every other decleration?!u fight fire with fire
So we've established that Israel are commiting war crimes

I dont know how many war crimes Arab countries have commited recently, care to share?

sasha0101

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Not really, maybe you think they are, but they're essentially playing by the books.

Anyway my position is;

- Hezbollah has a 100% right to defend the lebanese people from occupation or invasion by Israeli forces.
- Hezbollah as an organisation deserves to remain in place.
- Israel has a right to defend themselves from terrorist attacks and to occasionally go on the offensive against such terrorists.
- Israel does not target civilians.
- Hezbollah do mix with the civilian population.
- Israel has gone too far in the current war and should stop immediately, Hezbollah should free the two soldiers as a part of this deal.
i dont disagree with EVERYTHING u stated, tho "Hezbollah has a 100% right to defend the lebanese people from occupation or invasion by Israeli forces." what's up with that?!?! hezbollah launched missiles into israel, kidnapped and killed soldiers and civilians, they can protect what they want, but dont start shit and then make out like ur the "protectors" of the "innocent" HEZBOLLAH ARE MURDERS, THEY ARE TERRORISTS, THEY HAVE DEFIED ALL MORAL AND HUMANISTIC LAWS! where for art tho shifty ice queen with thy words of wisdom?!?!

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Why when we could take this conflict, spread it throughtout the region to include the rest of the arab states, and finish this once and for all.

sasha0101

HSC
Jordan.J said:
So we've established that Israel are commiting war crimes

I dont know how many war crimes Arab countries have commited recently, care to share?
OK....so sarcasm clearly was not understood by the populant of moronsville...YOU! israel is responding to those fukers...U FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE...and if u dont know wat those fukin terrorists have done to the israelis then u shouldnt comment!i dont have enuf time to list the numerous amounts of war crimes that they have done!kidnapping, murdering, PROVOKING WAR...just a few, ring any bells?!oh and by the way idiot, this is not a recent "crisis"...this has been going on for almost 60years!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
what's up with that?!?! hezbollah launched missiles into israel, kidnapped and killed soldiers and civilians, they can protect what they want, but dont start shit and then make out like ur the "protectors" of the "innocent" HEZBOLLAH ARE MURDERS, THEY ARE TERRORISTS, THEY HAVE DEFIED ALL MORAL AND HUMANISTIC LAWS! where for art tho shifty ice queen with thy words of wisdom?!?!
Israel launches missiles against them.
Israel kidnaps their soldiers/civilians.

Hezbollah are essentially just shiite muslims fighting to protect their family/friends from what they see everyday as a threat. They genuinely help the people of lebanon where aid organisations and their own government do not.

sasha0101

HSC
bshoc said:
Why when we could take this conflict, spread it throughtout the region to include the rest of the arab states, and finish this once and for all.
ooo would be terrific to get rid of all the terrorists in one go, unfortunately we cant :(

sasha0101

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Israel launches missiles against them.
Israel kidnaps their soldiers/civilians.

Hezbollah are essentially just shiite muslims fighting to protect their family/friends from what they see everyday as a threat. They genuinely help the people of lebanon where aid organisations and their own government do not.
YES YES AND YES! BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT they started this, when they crossed the israeli border n murdered n kidnapped first, seriously i agree with ur statements, u just dont have them in correct chronological order

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I just think Israel are very good at communicating to people that they're playing by the books, when they're not.

BEIRUT, July 23 (Reuters) - Israeli bombing of a crowded Beirut neighbourhood where Hizbollah had its headquarters has breached humanitarian law, a senior United Nations official said on Sunday.

"It is horrific. I did not know it was block after block of houses," Jan Egeland, the U.N. emergency relief coordinator, told reporters as he toured the shattered Haret Hreik district. "It makes it a violation of humanitarian law."

sasha0101 said:
OK....so sarcasm clearly was not understood by the populant of moronsville...YOU! israel is responding to those fukers...U FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE...and if u dont know wat those fukin terrorists have done to the israelis then u shouldnt comment!i dont have enuf time to list the numerous amounts of war crimes that they have done!kidnapping, murdering, PROVOKING WAR...just a few, ring any bells?!oh and by the way idiot, this is not a recent "crisis"...this has been going on for almost 60years!
its ironic you call him an idiot.. Lebanon kidnapping, murdering, provoking war??? i dont think so. Hezbolah is another story, yet Israel is not innocent.

sasha0101

HSC
Jordan.J said:
I just think Israel are very good at communicating to people that they're playing by the books, when they're not.

if one thing israel does NOT having going for them its that they CANT communicate enough to people how they are in the right, the media doesnt find it an interesting angle, so it doesnt take it, but work with me here...i know ur brighter;)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sasha0101 said:
You said this:

u fight fire with fire
in reference to war crimes

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sasha0101 said:
if one thing israel does NOT having going for them its that they CANT communicate enough to people how they are in the right, the media doesnt find it an interesting angle, so it doesnt take it, but work with me here...i know ur brighter;)
They got FOX news, so they can communicate all they want

sasha0101

HSC
codereder said:
its ironic you call him an idiot.. Lebanon kidnapping, murdering, provoking war??? i dont think so. Hezbolah is another story, yet Israel is not innocent.
my bad, yes it was hezbollah, not lebanon as a whole, just 2 seat in the government!

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
sasha0101 said:
my bad, yes it was hezbollah, not lebanon as a whole, just 2 seat in the government!
They actually hold 23 seats. Research is quite helpful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)