• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
jenzipoo said:
of course the UN will be calling for restraint...the UN has never backed a war! as no country or organisation alike should if it is not involved..there is no failure to authority by Israel to the UN...that would mean that a Resolution would have been ordered but it wasnt (and ye si know it was vetoed by israel's good old ally america)
Well, there we go.

US: Do as you please.

Israel: kaythx. <3

jenzipoo said:
i appreciate your definition and i retract the word dictatorship form my explanaiton....but you cannot tell me that countries like iran and syria(and unfortunaty i cannot name more because i do not know enough about other countries and their governments) are democratically elected - according to the manner in which Western civilisation does so (ie people free to vote for whom they wish without fearing that they will be killed because of it)
Who says that for a country to be a democracy, it has to live up to the western ideological version of democracy. These are Islamic republics and they may include certain religious elements to their governments as they please. There are no fundamental imperatives for a democracy other than the political orientation of those who favor government by the people or by their elected representatives. As I am aware, both Syria and Iran have these imperatives in place. I know this because I have lived there for a number of years though I myself am not Iranian.

jenzipoo said:
no i wasnt sayign that AT ALL. I wasnt justufying the death of innocent people by saying that its ok israel will 'pay' for their lives later...but in order to present israel in some form of moral light compared to other countries of war i said that
I'm sorry to say that merely giving aid to the country, whatever their rank in doing so may be, which you have not long ago endeavoured to destroy doesnt put Israel in a form of moral light compared to other countries.

jenzipoo said:
hezbollah was founded when israel first occupied lebanon in 1982...its sole purpose was to get rid of and fight off israeli soldiers as well as other western forces...do not get this confused with them trying to defern lebanon...they were trying to get rid of israeli and western forces! this is bred from hatred against these groups..
Yes, its primary purpose was to fight off Israeli troops occupying Lebanese land (the Shebaa farms) - defend their land. They werent tryign to defend Lebanon entirely but a particular part of Lebanon, which brings their universality to even a lesser degree. You cannot prove that it was bred on inherent hatred or if the hatred was a mere product of Israel occupying their land. I would think the latter.

jenzipoo said:
i do commend you however for your intellectual arguments and educating others, including myself, about different aspects and issues of this conflict..you have indeed restored the integirty that this argument once had
Why, thankyou. :)

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
of course the UN will be calling for restraint...the UN has never backed a war! as no country or organisation alike should if it is not involved..there is no failure to authority by Israel to the UN...that would mean that a Resolution would have been ordered but it wasnt (and ye si know it was vetoed by israel's good old ally america)
But what right does Israel have to enforce UN resoutions?

If they do then they should wage war on themselves many, many times

jenzipoo said:
hezbollah was founded when israel first occupied lebanon in 1982...its sole purpose was to get rid of and fight off israeli soldiers as well as other western forces...do not get this confused with them trying to defern lebanon...they were trying to get rid of israeli and western forces! this is bred from hatred against these groups..
Just to clear things up, Israel first invaded Lebanon in 1978 to drive the PLO out.

They re-invaded in 1982.

They stayed too long, and people wanted them out because they were destroying the country.

You cant blame the Lebanese people for wanting occupying forces out of their country.

and Israel still occupies Lebanese land (Shebaa farms) and still holds Lebanese prisoners (some for over 20 years)

carzz

HSC
Someone before said "I just pray to God that this conflict is only temporary (if that is the right word to use). The Lebanese people after several assassinations (Hariri,Toueini) need to work on eradicating such groups as Hezeballah from their political system."
I completely agree, and I dont think that one country id more right in its attacks than the other. The IDF values the lives and bodies of its soldiers more than anything, and Hezbollah has 3 (i think) soldiers held hostage. It doesnt help that the Palestiniant are launching Kassam rockets left right and centre, yet bombing the Arab nations doesnt seem like the best way to settle it either. Israel has clearly stated that it will not negotiate with Terror Organisations, and the only reason that Hezbollah is holding Gilad Shalit and the other soldiers is because they know that a few years ago Israel traded 30 or so palestinian prisoners for the bodies of 2 of their soldiers.

Shalom, Salaam, Peace.

carzz

HSC
and by palestinians i meant lebanese..sorry tired, trials in 1 week:'(

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:
and Israel still occupies Lebanese land (Shebaa farms)
i have provided evidence TWICE on this forum that israel does not occupy the Shebaa farms...if you choose to ignore it..your loss

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
i have provided evidence TWICE on this forum that israel does not occupy the Shebaa farms...if you choose to ignore it..your loss
Umm.. no you didnt. This is what you wrote

On May 24, 2000, Israel completed the unilateral withdrawal of all IDF forces from southern Lebanon, in accordance with Israeli government decisions and UN Security Council Resolution 425, ending an 18-year presence there.

On June 18, 2000, the UN Security Council
endorsed the Secretary-General's conclusion
that, as of 16 June, Israel had withdrawn its forces from Lebanon in accordance with Resolution 425.
As explained by Israel's
Foreign Ministry
, the Shebaa Farms area is not, and should not be, considered disputed territory - its status was clarified by a number of United Nations statements following the withdrawal of Israel forces from Lebanon in May 2000.

The United Nations views the Shebaa Farms area as Syrian territory. Therefore, UN Security Council Resolution 425 - which concerns Lebanon - does not require Israel to withdraw from this area.
While Lebanon claims to be the owner of the Shebaa Farms area, the UN has encouraged the Lebanese and Syrians to negotiate between themselves as to who is the rightful owner. If Syria were to cede ownership of the area to Lebanon, then it is probable that Israel and the UN would then reconsider the status of the territory. In the meantime, the issue of the Shebaa Farms is used simply as an excuse for the Hezbollah to maintain itself as an armed force in the region.

and for my charter quote i apologise....here is the link http://www.mideastweb.org/hamas.htm

No where does it say Israel doesnt occupy the Shebaa farms, on the contarary
actually.

The Sebaa farms are is still being disputed

davidcohen

HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

YO SHITTY QUEEN READ THIS :

QUOTE: "WAR IS AGAINST THREE COUNTRIES"...

THE WAR AINT AGAINST THREE COUNTRIES -- FOR YOUR INFORAMTION ITS ISRAEL VS HEZBOLLAH A TERRORIST ORgANISATION U DUMB FRUITCAKE

HOW DUMB ARE YOU ??

davidcohen

HSC

just asking all a general question ?? is the USA fighting a war against terrorism, or are they fighting against IRAQ ? or Afghanistan ???.. i think they fighthing al quadia and taliban... who are terrorists.. but id like to know what u all think ?

davidcohen

HSC

just asking all a general question ?? is the USA fighting a war against terrorism, or are they fighting against IRAQ ? or Afghanistan ???.. i think they fighthing al quadia and taliban... who are terrorists.. but id like to know what u all think ?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC

davidcohen said:
YO SHITTY QUEEN READ THIS :

QUOTE: "WAR IS AGAINST THREE COUNTRIES"...

THE WAR AINT AGAINST THREE COUNTRIES -- FOR YOUR INFORAMTION ITS ISRAEL VS HEZBOLLAH A TERRORIST ORgANISATION U DUMB FRUITCAKE

HOW DUMB ARE YOU ??
If your not going to articulately contribute to this arguement then STFU.

It seems you are really smart, you can work the caps lock, woot. </sarcasm>

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
davidcohen:
the USA is clearly is clearly fighting an unjust war in iraq and afghanistan.
they claimed there were WMD's and none were found (surprise), this was supposed to be the basis of the war. they also found no connection between sadam and al qaeda. so can you explain what they are fighting for and whether the apparent 150000+ civilian fatalities was worth whatever there doing?
the US never had and never will feel sympathy to iraqis, they didnt stick up for the kurds when sadam attacked in 1988, as a matter of fact they continued to support sadam, throughout the iraq/iran conflict. they actually supported both sides by funding iraq 3 billion dollars and secretly supplying iran with weapons.
and if your telling me that the 911 "attacks" were by arabs then you are seriously deluded, it was obviously one of the greatest scams in history. if you believe that the pentagon was hit by a plane and that building seven collapsed from a few fires, then yuove got problems. building 7 obviously fell at free fall speed, and that only happen when there are explosives used, same story with the trade centres. and what a great fact, the trade centres aand building seven become the first steel buildings in history to fall from what the gov claims fires to be the cause.
if the americans were so concerned about terrorismn they would be in North Ireland right now and in the Congo, and if they really wanted to spread democracy sround the world they will be in China and North Korea, oh yeah, but they cant go there, no oil!!!

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
onebytwo said:
davidcohen:
the USA is clearly is clearly fighting an unjust war in iraq and afghanistan.
they claimed there were WMD's and none were found (surprise), this was supposed to be the basis of the war. they also found no connection between sadam and al qaeda. so can you explain what they are fighting for and whether the apparent 150000+ civilian fatalities was worth whatever there doing?
the US never had and never will feel sympathy to iraqis, they didnt stick up for the kurds when sadam attacked in 1988, as a matter of fact they continued to support sadam, throughout the iraq/iran conflict. they actually supported both sides by funding iraq 3 billion dollars and secretly supplying iran with weapons.
and if your telling me that the 911 "attacks" were by arabs then you are seriously deluded, it was obviously one of the greatest scams in history. if you believe that the pentagon was hit by a plane and that building seven collapsed from a few fires, then yuove got problems. building 7 obviously fell at free fall speed, and that only happen when there are explosives used, same story with the trade centres. and what a great fact, the trade centres aand building seven become the first steel buildings in history to fall from what the gov claims fires to be the cause.
if the americans were so concerned about terrorismn they would be in North Ireland right now and in the Congo, and if they really wanted to spread democracy sround the world they will be in China and North Korea, oh yeah, but they cant go there, no oil!!!
Stay on topic. And you;ve just put yourself in the line of fire with comments like that.

Maybe they were the first steel buildings in history to fall because they were the first buildings in history to be hit by planes like that?

I agree about the US though, they are ultra selective in what where they go and "help people get liberty". When looking at the bigger picture, this whole attack on Lebanon was to bring Iran and Syria into the scene officially. Now they have alleged reason to go invade or place sanctions on those two countries, the only defiant ones left in the Middle East. Think about it, why would they go and invade another country in the middle east following Iraq? It would only bring the world's long-thought opinion of the US to their conclusion. They needed a detour and voila, they got it. If you can see the bigger picture, this is exactly whats happening. Rice is going to the middle east to "pressure Syria and Iran" - thus pulling them into the situation and dealing with them.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
building 7 was hit by no plane, and it still collapsed, the reason "we dont know" according to the US gov.
the japanese architect who design the trade centres said he designed it to take plane's hitting it, any way, during the hurricane season, there have been winds much more forceful that have shifted the columns of support in the trade centres, but never caused them to collapse. furthermore, the temperatures of the fires in the buildings never came near the melting point of steel. there was one explosion and thats it there was a black hole in the building, it obviously wasnt hot enough to kill the peple in this black hole who were roaming around helplessly. the buildings fell at free fall speed, the trade centre had to pass through concrete and steel, so as it falls it should slow down but it didnt. thats 94 floors in 8.4 seconds, say about 10 floors a second, a ten stroy building can never collapse in a second without explosives.
i bring this topic forward because it undermines the little integrity the US does have and the heartache it has cause around the world for the last 50 years. the truth has to be exposed

live.fast

HSC
N/A
ahaha another conspiracy theorist....

go back to ur UFOs son!!!!!!

and W T F has diz got to do wif the effin Israel Lebanon attacks? you kents are waay off da subject...get back on track, yeaa? good advice, id say...

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
why are they always conpricacy theorists not conspiracy facts, why are they always ridiculed. before you ridicule the topic, please present evidence against what i have posited.
anyway this was alluded to by davidcohen and the US involvement in the middle east

sasha0101

HSC
onebytwo said:
why are they always conpricacy theorists not conspiracy facts, why are they always ridiculed. before you ridicule the topic, please present evidence against what i have posited.
anyway this was alluded to by davidcohen and the US involvement in the middle east
lets not critically analyse the small stuff, alrite?!allusion or not, its not the topic in focus! im here to be entertained by more of those shifty ice queens!

davidcohen

HSC
HEY my fellow earthlings.. davco the UFO here.... ((( weird alein noises )))

the USA is involved in the middle east currently for two reasons, one the valuable oil that is there, and secodnly as peace makers. Now for the 4 unit middle east studies students (who not to be racist seem all to be on lebanons side) lets get one thing straight. Im Jewish attack me if im wrong but here is a valid point. The USA is promoting peace, Saudi Arabia is supporting Israels attacks on Hezbollah (NOT LEBANON, Hezbollah a terrorist organisation), The United Nations whose role is to promote global peace is not doing anything about it.. etc ... can you see anyone stopping Israel from these attacks?? Can you see the Lebanon Army attacking Israel ??

HELLO EARTH CALLING ALL LEBANON SUPPORTERS... your army is doing jackshit .. why because they are not being attacked they are sitting there on their fat lonely ass's watching terrorists being blown down DURKA DURKA road... Now to my logical point, lebannon is not involved in this war, Israel is not attacking Lebanon, they have nothing against the Lebanese community, what they do have is somthing that the whole world has, and thats a hatred towards terrorists. Back home in Australia it is clear that terrorism is hated, the new anti terrorism laws show how badly we want those suckers to be locked up and killed, why because they kill innocent little lives (the people who miss out on santa claus presents every year). Now i would like to see you 4 unit middle east studies students challange me on my valid comments, but before you do answer this... is Lebanon a terrorist organisation ? or is Hezbollah a terrorist organisation? Who is running Lebanon ... Hezbollah or the government ?? Has Israel killed more than 10 Lebanese Army troops???

my point is clear, israel is not fighting lebanon, cause if they were those fat lonley cunts sitting on durka durka street would be up and about running like pop corn seeds on a frying pan. Israel is fighting hezbollah and boy o boy are they running away like chickens

sasha0101

HSC
n on that point...although israel is not directly against Lebanon, but against Hezbollah, i am amazed at how Lebanon allows a terrorist organisation to hold 2 seats in the cabinet. i honestly feel sorry for the Lebanese population, because the Hezbollah does do a lot for its people, it provides them with many facilities and necessities that its stupid government doesnt! so of course a lot of the population is behind hezbollah, because they have done so much for its own people, thus established a loyal relationship. this is a similar situation that occurs with the palesinians (and other arab nations). Their governments are extremely wealthy (look at the now deceased Arafat, he wiped his ass with million dollar bills), yet these assholes prevent fund from reaching their people, they WANT them to live in squallor, to be depressed, to develop hatred, so that these puppet states controlled by iran and syria will go and blow themselves up along with innocent israelis because they figure they have nothing else to live for and they brainwash them with the stupidity of dying as martyrs and going to paradise...if this was true, why didnt those leaders blow themselves up n go to paradise?its a shame, but they have devastated the lives of millions and have created a generation of terrorists as a result! my family lived in israel for a while in the 70s and 80s when the conflict was not AS bad, my grandparents worked alongside many arabs, n do u know what they told my family members?that since israel was made a jewish state in 1948 their lives have drastically improved as they were granted many economic and social benefits, many of them had jobs, lived in beautiful houses and drove mercedes. now look at the state of their lives, these people can't govern themselves, and those that attempt to govern them just fuk it up for them even more. In summation, whilst israel is not currently fighting against the lebanese government, it is fighting against the hezbollah which has been given political power in a sense and has instilled a false sense of hope and security in its population

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
davidcohen said:
HELLO EARTH CALLING ALL LEBANON SUPPORTERS... your army is doing jackshit .. why because they are not being attacked they are sitting there on their fat lonely ass's watching terrorists being blown down DURKA DURKA road... Now to my logical point, lebannon is not involved in this war, Israel is not attacking Lebanon, they have nothing against the Lebanese community, what they do have is somthing that the whole world has, and thats a hatred towards terrorists.
This is where you're lack of knowledge of the situation is shown.

Israel have attcked Lebanese army barracks. Thats a fact

The Lebanese army lack the capacity to resist the attacks by the Israeli Air Force, which is one of the most advanced in the world. Thats a fact.

Resistance on the ground is different. The Lebanese president and the Lebanese defence minister have said that if Israel try to invade then the army will protect Lebanon.

and finally, Israel have they're only targeting Hezbollah but they're hitting the whole nation. Lebanese infrastructure, airports, civilians, communication towers, factories are all being targeted. Im not making this up:

BEIRUT, July 23 (Reuters) - Israeli bombing of a crowded Beirut neighbourhood where Hizbollah had its headquarters has breached humanitarian law, a senior United Nations official said on Sunday.

"It is horrific. I did not know it was block after block of houses," Jan Egeland, the U.N. emergency relief coordinator, told reporters as he toured the shattered Haret Hreik district. "It makes it a violation of humanitarian law."

The British foreign minister has even stated that Israel is hitting the whole nation.

To put it simply, Israel are commiting war crimes as outlined by the Geneva Convention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)