• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

deegee

HSC
tempco said:
IDF aren't Jews? The Israeli people aren't Jews?

As for the threats calling on the destruction of Israel and what not, Israel is too strong to be wiped off the map. But by playing the vulnerable-country-under-threat role, Israel has justified the killing of civilians and the destruction of homes under the guise of "self-defence".

You won't solve the suicide bombing epidemic without looking at the root of the problem. Don't get me wrong... killing civilians is never acceptable, but you have to appreciate the circumstances the suicide bombers are in. Imagine how horrible it must be to be willing to throw your own life away. And for those who think promise of virgins in heaven, or being hailed as a hero are the reasons why suicide bombers blow themselves up, you're deluded.

http://www.americantaskforce.org/jerusalem-wall.jpg

You call that a fence?

If Israel expects anyone to respect their sovereignity, then I suggest they start to address the 65 UN Resolutions (at least) against them. Pulling apart those illegal settlements would be a start.

Why must Israel fight over land? Good question. Why are they fighting over land that they have no right over?

As for refusing "scraps" of land - I'm assuming you're refering to Camp David? Lawl, no self-respecting leader would have accepted that since the only thing Israel would be willing to give up to Palestine were scraps of land which were separated by Israeli settlements, checkpoints and roads.

Why should they live in other Arab nations when they're being kicked out of territories that are rightfully theirs?
OMG this is getting anoying now. the suicide bombers are unjustifiably wrong. whether they live in harsh conditions or not ITS A SICK THING TO DO. i'm sick of people saying that israel "kills the innocent" its crap, whether innocent people are hurt in the process well thats their problem because israel sends letters warning when they are going to bomb, and they only send bombs back to the places they came from. its not about who is right and who is wrong. that fact is PEOPLE ARE DYING and its hezbollah that initiated this :bomb:

don't support any killings whether its lebanese or jews. noone deserves to die. these issues are never going to be sorted out its one word against another. so lets just stop making stupid/racist/ignorant comments about who is right and who is wrong.

but i do have one thing to say, if the lebanese want support then they should stop causing trouble around the world i.e. how they bombarded john howards car.
you never hear of jews starting trouble besides in israel for defence when PEOPLE START WITH THEM

R.G.

HSC
jenzipoo, you are so smart!

Im your #1 fan!

Go jenzipoo
And israel

deegee

HSC
R.G. said:
jenzipoo, you are so smart!

Im your #1 fan!

Go jenzipoo
And israel

jenzipoo and RG, you are so smart!

I'm your #2 fan!

Go Jenzipoo and RG
And Israel

R.G.

HSC
tempco, i still want to know why you refer to it as palestine, do you deny the existence of the state of israel?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Lol You're both idiots.

Today 7:51 AM
sam04u:

Why not read these stories and tell me if Jewish terrorists have never acted unfairly or done vile attacks on innocent civilians (Including Terrorist Attacks)
http://hawaii.indymedia.org/news/200...61_comment.php

Today 8:00 AM
deegee:

you never hear of jews starting trouble besides in israel for defence when PEOPLE START WITH THEM.

I actually hear of the IDF (99.47% Jewish) starting 'trouble' everyday, including extensive trouble within the last fortnight (which is 2 weeks for our mentally diminished buddies over here).

-Bombing UNIFIL = Trouble
-Bombing Aid-Convoys = Trouble
-Bombing Foreign Military Bases = Trouble
-Killing half a thousand Innocent civilians = Trouble
(Where are you getting your news? Oh wait... Sounds like he's been watching Fox News ROFLMFAOAHAHA)

Also, explain why there are not protective shelters or 'Missile Alert Sirens' in Nahariyah? (The city which is predominantly Islamic in Israel).

John Howard is an imbecile for his unfledging support of the United States (even though I understand why he's doing it). What happens when there is a terrorist attack in Australia? Do we want that? A Quantas plane being flown into the Opera House or the Centre Point Tower? Then we get a divided Australia and we're thrown into this war which we don't have the military, economy, or support to be involved in. We're still FIGHTING for the release of Australians in Iraq and those caught up in the Lebanese-Israeli conflict.

Also, It's pretty common sense that almost all members here are Australian (none are Lebanese), whether we choose to wear turbans or scarfs in our hair or the religion we follow have no relevance to this discussion. (Some may have migrated from other countries too, but we're all Australians now. Regardless, of what the Racist 'CONSTITUTION' bending imbeciles will have you believe.)

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
http://www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=11911

Israeli aerial assault in Qana, Lebanon, kills 65 civilians

Israel destroys a 4 story building housing refuges, mostly women and chidren hiding in the basement.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=2&cid=1153292030858&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

A high-ranking officer that the IDF warned the residents of Qana to evacuate the village in anticipation of the airstrikes on Katyusha launchers. The officer said that Hizbullah guerillas had fired at least 10 rockets from within the village and dozens more from nearby.
In a statement released on Sunday, the IDF said that as a result of Katyusha rocket attacks, 18 Israelis had been killed and hundreds of others wounded.
"The responsibility for the harm to Lebanese civilians falls on Hizbullah, which uses civilians has human shields," the statement read.
The IAF officer said that the air force had been targeting the village for the past three days and on Saturday night struck ten different targets inside the village. He said the building hit Sunday was picked since intelligence indicated that Hizbullah guerillas were hiding inside together with Katyusha rockets and launchers. "We have been attacking in Qana for three days," the high-ranking IAF officer said. "They have fired dozens of rockets from there over the past week at Kiryat Shmona, Afula and Ma'alot."

The officer said that the guerillas fire rockets and then flee into nearby buildings. "We warned the residents that we would be attacking there," he said. "We work under the assumption that the villages are empty and that whoever is there is affiliated with the Hizbullah."

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jenzipoo: "A high-ranking officer of the IDF said... is affiliated with the Hizbullah."

Oh, If a high-ranking officer of the IDF said it then it must be true. ofcourse it would not be biased either. (I bet i could find inconsistancies in his story, like the IDF saying there was no safe-route out of the town and the bombing of the two main roads out. ) Also, considering the recent bombing of all petrol stations in the viscinity. (I wonder how they're supposed to leave)

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
making exuses? u think its their fault?

how can u live with urself. at least 21 children dead. israel blows u up when u leave, they hide in the basement, and israel drops a Smart Bomb on an apartment block. This is worse then the UN attack. Its become very obvious now who the target is. Soon entire world will know the truth.
hmm my posting of a website became 'jenzipoo thinks its the kids fault'

i was just showing hwo israel justfiied it...and no i dont believe children should die (OF COURSE NOT) but i do not believe that they are how you say 'the new target' i refuse to believe israel targets civilains..

Mumma

HSC
Indeed. I was watching the rescue operation on LBC and Al-Jazeera - there was this room filled with the corpses of kids. That was incredibly disturbing ... No Hezbollah fighter harmed, ofcourse. Excellent work Israel, with your precision strikes and all. Isn't it ironic how Hezbollah is getting stronger through this. Hezbollah is a militant group that lives on this sort of stuff. I really dont understand how anyone with an ounce of humanity can even attempt to excuse this act, I mean, really. Sixty people in an instant.

deegee

HSC
sam04u said:
Lol You're both idiots.

Today 7:51 AM
sam04u:

Why not read these stories and tell me if Jewish terrorists have never acted unfairly or done vile attacks on innocent civilians (Including Terrorist Attacks)
http://hawaii.indymedia.org/news/200...61_comment.php

Today 8:00 AM
deegee:

you never hear of jews starting trouble besides in israel for defence when PEOPLE START WITH THEM.

I actually hear of the IDF (99.47% Jewish) starting 'trouble' everyday, including extensive trouble within the last fortnight (which is 2 weeks for our mentally diminished buddies over here).

-Bombing UNIFIL = Trouble
-Bombing Aid-Convoys = Trouble
-Bombing Foreign Military Bases = Trouble
-Killing half a thousand Innocent civilians = Trouble
(Where are you getting your news? Oh wait... Sounds like he's been watching Fox News ROFLMFAOAHAHA)

Also, explain why there are not protective shelters or 'Missile Alert Sirens' in Nahariyah? (The city which is predominantly Islamic in Israel).

John Howard is an imbecile for his unfledging support of the United States (even though I understand why he's doing it). What happens when there is a terrorist attack in Australia? Do we want that? A Quantas plane being flown into the Opera House or the Centre Point Tower? Then we get a divided Australia and we're thrown into this war which we don't have the military, economy, or support to be involved in. We're still FIGHTING for the release of Australians in Iraq and those caught up in the Lebanese-Israeli conflict.

Also, It's pretty common sense that almost all members here are Australian (none are Lebanese), whether we choose to wear turbans or scarfs in our hair or the religion we follow have no relevance to this discussion. (Some may have migrated from other countries too, but we're all Australians now. Regardless, of what the Racist 'CONSTITUTION' bending imbeciles will have you believe.)

you raise some interesting points. i agree with the ting you said about qantas... but u r infact sitting here blaming israel but you admitt yourself YOU DONT WANT TO BE BLOWN UP!! so you clearly understand that.
ok well thats exactly wats hapopening with israel... they don;t start any trouble then sum muslim comes and starts conflict...MUST ISREAEL DEFEND ITSELF? ofcourse. imagine australia was attacked (and by the way we already have been - the bali bombings were aimed at us, and yes there hav been some unsuccessful attemps in asutralia) but should we sit here and let muslims take over the world NO WAY. you have to stand your ground and thats why australia is supporting usa, n if anything happens to australia the first country to support us will be the usa. i dont wnat to be blown up thats why i stand up to those "extremists", you infact just proved that you are a coward. and i said that israel doesn't start any trouible around the world.. whether the idf have weapons or not they dont use them on other countryys except out of defence.

and its not for you to tell people whether their nationality or religion comes first, because quite frankly my religion comes first. but your right we are ALSO asutralian so yes that is an important factor

Mumma said:
Indeed. I was watching the rescue operation on LBC and Al-Jazeera - there was this room filled with the corpses of kids. That was incredibly disturbing ... No Hezbollah fighter harmed, ofcourse. Excellent work Israel, with your precision strikes and all. Isn't it ironic how Hezbollah is getting stronger through this. Hezbollah is a militant group that lives on this sort of stuff. I really dont understand how anyone with an ounce of humanity can even attempt to excuse this act, I mean, really. Sixty people in an instant.

Everybody needs to start understanding, from this even today, that the Israeli attacks are only hurting Lebanese civilians, and in effect israeli civilians. Israel can never reach its stated goals through its current mission, as you said, hezbolah is indeed growing from this. Lebanese have no choice now but to be unified with hizbolah against these attacks.

Through a ceasefire there is 100% a way of solving this situation diplomatically. The entire world is demanding a ceasefire. This is madness.

yasmine001

HSC
Enough with the 'oh they've been given warning' excuse already, pray tell, where should they go? Beirut? Which road should they take, seeing that most roads leading out of the south have been damaged and what gurantee to they have of not being bombed while in the process of escaping.

R.G.

HSC
yasmine001 said:
Enough with the 'oh they've been given warning' excuse already, pray tell, where should they go? Beirut? Which road should they take, seeing that most roads leading out of the south have been damaged and what gurantee to they have of not being bombed while in the process of escaping.
If you read this forum, that picture would make sense to you. Its girls in a town that got completely destroyed by bombs, family members killed, writting messages to the leader of Hezbollah, thinking its targetting him. They arent taught hate, they dont hate!

Qana was the site of an Israeli bombing of a UN base on April 18, 1996 that killed 105 people who had taken refuge there during Israel's 'Grapes of Wrath' offensive -- also aimed at wiping out Hezbollah

turtleface

HSC
Mumma said:
Yes I agree.

Noone condones Hezbollah's actions, but there seems to be such a spirited defence of Israel's actions.

Israel and Israeli backers constantly try to take the moral high ground, but the atrocious war crimes (yes thats what it is) they have committed is significantly more damaging and destructive than anything that Hezbollah has come up with.

Israel have become what they were supposidly fighting: terrorists.

jenzipoo

HSC
yasmine001 said:
your opinion is greatly appreciated BUT do not come here and post this picture when it has already been discuseed and i hav disclosed the real story behind it..

yasmine001

HSC
R.G. said:
If you read this forum, that picture would make sense to you. Its girls in a town that got completely destroyed by bombs, family members killed, writting messages to the leader of Hezbollah, thinking its targetting him. They arent taught hate, they dont hate!

fromisrealtolebanon.info (edit: www.fromisraeltolebanon.info)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)