• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:
jenzipoo, you have to realise that a ceasefire is the best soloution at this point in time.

If you truely were saddened by the photos, you shouldnt want the war to continue, since more and more children will die
yes you are right...but it depends how you define a ceasfire...because for me that meeans israel does not attack and kill anymore WHEN it is not under threat and that will only happen if hezbollah is disarmed...sorry mate they said no thanks
because you know what im saddened by those photos, truly, but i am more saddened by the continual threat (since 2000) that israeli citizens have of being blown up or hit by rockets in their local cafe or catchign the bus..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Funny how not one of the 800+ Israelis killed by suicide bombers each year makes the news, how everyone ignores the fact that several other governments are more at fault for this (Syrian and Irani for creating/funding Hezbollah, and Lebanon for refusing to enforce their responsibility as a state for a monopoly on the legitimate use of force) given that Hezbollah started these hostilities and that they are specifically targeting civilians.

Should Israel just sit idle while under missile bombardment from an organisation that won't stop until all the 'infidels' are expelled from both Israel and Lebanon (yes they want an Islamic theocracy in Lebanon also)?

howzit

HSC
Hezbola are f**ken chickens, they use Leboneze civilians for protection

Shame you probably look at the war on a very shallow level. Israel are fighting terrorism (hezbola), not Lebaneze people. Hezbola use lebaneze people to guard them, they dont confront the war and take responsiblity

jenzipoo

HSC
wow...hezbollah claims to be trying to free their persacuted brothers and sisters in palestine (ie destroy israel)
but why the fuk are they firing at them??? long range missiles hit west bank last night...near jenin
????

i guess the idf proved how hezbollah hides away like cowards behind civilians and infrastructure...baalbek hospital!! cmooon...what the hell were all these militants and their weopns doing in baalbek HOSPITAL machien guns were found in filing cabinets!!

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
While I agree they do base themselves around civilian populations etc as a strategy, I do not think it is an act of cowardice but instead a clever strategic move.

jenzipoo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
While I agree they do base themselves around civilian populations etc as a strategy, I do not think it is an act of cowardice but instead a clever strategic move.
o yes indeed it is...because it makes israel appear like the terrorists to people in this forum when the media displays israel trying to bomb these cowards (and i will use the word because they are...they are not fighting for the lebanese people they couldnt care less about them theyre fighting israel and their cause is for the total estrcution of the country) and bombs hospitals...but now it is shown with a ground invasion that it is true..hezbollah is hiding with these civilians and within civilian infrastructrure

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
o yes indeed it is...because it makes israel appear like the terrorists to people in this forum when the media displays israel trying to bomb these cowards
Well is it right to kill so many innocent civillian lives, destroy so much civilian infrastructure, just to attempt to hurt your enemy?

.they are not fighting for the lebanese people they couldnt care less about them theyre fighting israel and their cause is for the total estrcution of the country
I disagree. I think they do care alot about the lebanese people and merely see Israel as a threat (perhaps rightly so) to the lebanese people. That is why they set up welfare services and why they've set up defensive positions within the country - they are not an invasion force, they are a geurilla resistance.

jenzipoo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well is it right to kill so many innocent civillian lives, destroy so much civilian infrastructure, just to attempt to hurt your enemy?
I disagree. I think they do care alot about the lebanese people and merely see Israel as a threat (perhaps rightly so) to the lebanese people. That is why they set up welfare services and why they've set up defensive positions within the country - they are not an invasion force, they are a geurilla resistance
no its not right to kill so many innocent civilian lives...tell hezbollah and hamas and islmic jihad and all the crew..
if israel did not care for civilian lives they would have destroyed the whole of lebanon right now..and according to some israel doesnt care what the countries of the world bar america think so they wouldve have done it..
BUT they do care about life and the problem is the 'almighty saviors of lebanon' (hezbollah) love their civilians sooooo much and care for them dearly that theyll hide behind them and let them get killed coz i mean they can die in the name of allah, jihad and for martydom right? and the world's media sees this and hates israel more...so hezbollah is winning THEIR battle..

they do not just see israel merely as a threat...israel has not harmed them or lebanese civilians for years now...they witthdrew in 2000 and even then were no threat to leabnon...hezbollah want israel gone
bottom line
they are not a guerilla resistance...resisitng against what?? the imaginery soldiers that were storming through lebanon a month ago??

THEY ARE TERRORISTS

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
no its not right to kill so many innocent civilian lives...tell hezbollah and hamas and islmic jihad and all the crew..
How many civilians have hezbollah killed in the past year?

if israel did not care for civilian lives they would have destroyed the whole of lebanon right now..and according to come israel doesnt care what the countries of the world bar america think so they wouldve have done it..
Israel does care about civilian lives however I feel they are being recklessly indifferent in their pursuit of their enemy.

BUT they do care and the problem is the 'almighty saviors of lebanon' (hezbollah) love their civilians so much and care for them dearly that theyll hide behind them and let them get killed coz i mean they can die in the name of allah martydom right?
What, you'd rather hezbollah just form a big line and march at israeli forces head on? They are a geurilla resistance, they are attempting to protect the civilians from the israeli forces. If Hezbollah was NOT in lebanon, Israel would never have relinquished control of southern lebanon - so imo they can legitimately call themselves a resistance movement.

and the world's media sees this and hates israel more...so hezbollah is winning THEIR battle..
Israel would have predicted the media reaction, you'd be surprised how quickly things can come out of focus in the press tho.

they do not just see israel merely as a threat..
I disagree, they do see Israel as a threat. If they do not then why do they fight them?

israel has not harmed them or lebanese civilians for years now...they witthdrew in 2000
Yes, it's only been 6 years since israel occupied the sovereign land of the people hezbollah are protecting. Whether you think they 'harmed' the lebanese civilian population or not is of little importance since they were on land that they had no right to and the civilians wanted them gone.

they are not a guerilla resistance...resisitng against what??
Against those in Israel who really do have zionist thinking and who wanted to keep control of southern lebanon.

THEY ARE TERRORISTS
Pretty loose definition of that term imo, might as well have no meaning at all.

jenzipoo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
They are a geurilla resistance, they are attempting to protect the civilians from the israeli forces. If Hezbollah was NOT in lebanon, Israel would never have relinquished control of southern lebanon - so imo they can legitimately call themselves a resistance movement.
they are not the lebanese army...what are they protecting them from...if it wasnt for the kidnapping of the soldiers then no civilian lives would have to be protected! israel wouldnt have had to relnquish control...they wouldnt have been in there in the first place if it were not for threats by hezbollah AND groups like it..israel just wants to live within its globally defined borders in peace and not be under constant threat AND attack by extrenal entities wishing to disrupt the lives of its people and destory the state...since its indpependce in 1948

I disagree, they do see Israel as a threat. If they do not then why do they fight them?
what threat? they fight them because they do not believe israle has thr right to exist and they wnat to get rid of them...they believe they invaded arab land and want them gone..thats why they fight

Against those in Israel who really do have zionist thinking and who wanted to keep control of southern lebanon.
of course israel and the 'zionists' you refer to treasure land and would love more of it but NEVER at the cost of the disruption of civilian lives..israel doesnt want that land nor do they want troops there BUT when there is a threat they will act and protect the state

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
they are not the lebanese army...what are they protecting them from...
The proper national army could not push israel out of the country, only an asymetric geurilla army (hezbollah) could do so.

if it wasnt for the kidnapping of the soldiers then no civilian lives would have to be protected!
Well they believe they were helping protect citizens by taking the soldiers. They believe Israel has taken civilians and locked them up in their gaols, they want them back, so they did (as they have done before) capture some soldiers for a prisioner exchange.

israel wouldnt have had to relnquish control...they wouldnt have been in there in the first place if it were not for threats by hezbollah
In the first instance it had nothing to do with hezbollah, it was because of united arab forces attempting to attack israel.

.israel just wants to live within its globally defined borders in peace and not be under constant threat AND attack by extrenal entities wishing to disrupt the lives of its people and destory the state...since its indpependce in 1948
Yes that's fine, I agree. I'm just suggesting that the way in which they are attempting to go about doing this is wrong.

they fight them because they do not believe israle has thr right to exist and they wnat to get rid of them...they believe they invaded arab land and want them gone..thats why they fight
Exactly. They see Israel as an occupational force that wishes to extend its' borders and colonise new parts of land.

of course israel and the 'zionists' you refer to treasure land and would love more of it but NEVER at the cost of the disruption of civilian lives
Well history doesn't show that.

.israel doesnt want that land nor do they want troops there BUT when there is a threat they will act and protect the state
And I think they have a right to, I don't think they should be levelling townships tho.

jenzipoo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
The proper national army could not push israel out of the country, only an asymetric geurilla army (hezbollah) could do so.
well then u begin to question the stability of a country when its army is weaker than militia terrorist forces..

In the first instance it had nothing to do with hezbollah, it was because of united arab forces attempting to attack israel.
hence why i said hezbollahd groups like it

Exactly. They see Israel as an occupational force that wishes to extend its' borders and colonise new parts of land.
the basic fundametals of radical extremist islamics: israel, the usa and the western world are infidals and are trying to destroty islam with their western values..
pathetic

Well history doesn't show that
why because israel BOUGHT its land AND was declared a country by the world in a UN vote???
israel is tiny...and theyre definately not trying to take over any one else's land...they protect the very litte land they have

And I think they have a right to, I don't think they should be levelling townships tho.
its a horrible situation but as i mentioned before...if hezbollah puts down its weapons there will be peace but if israel puts down its weapons thered be no israel

Optophobia

HSC
It isn't Israels fault and it isn't Hezbollah's fault. I blame it on the banana shortage.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
NTB: What would you do if you were PM of Israel? It is a very hairy situation where they have to do something, because you can't have a militant force from another country launching rockets at 1/3 of your population, but you can't go too far because of international condemnation/concern for civilian lives.

HSC
the whole damned war is because of isreal kidnappin those civilians [even if they THINK theyre terrorists]
unlike isreal who keep killing palestinians civilians wheneva they feel like it
hezballah kidnapped 2 MILITARY men so that aint as bad as if they were killing more then 800 lebanese men/women/children
also no matter wat usa , australia and any other country does it aint gonna solve the war since all they say is that they have to disarm hezballah when israel is the one thats pretty much exterminating them

jenzipoo

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
the whole damned war is because of isreal kidnappin those civilians [even if they THINK theyre terrorists]
unlike isreal who keep killing palestinians civilians wheneva they feel like it
hezballah kidnapped 2 MILITARY men so that aint as bad as if they were killing more then 800 lebanese men/women/children
also no matter wat usa , australia and any other country does it aint gonna solve the war since all they say is that they have to disarm hezballah when israel is the one thats pretty much exterminating them
yess israel loves just going into palestinian terrotires and killing them...just like we play soccer or poker they play lets kill the palestinians...you tool
you are so bloody ignorant as to the situation!!
dont you dare try and equate the lives of military men to civilians!! no blood is higher than others and all death is a tragedy!! do you know an aussie guy is in the battalion that was attacked with 8 people killed an 2 kidnapped from INSIDE israel?? thank g-d that dya he was writing his uni exams and was exempt from army service for the 2 weeks

israel is extreminating who?? of course what the usa does will solve the war!! israel and the usa are allies!! if usa sees that a neccessary solution is implemented so that israel is not under attack or threat anymore it will end it..but until then it wont!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
NTB: What would you do if you were PM of Israel? It is a very hairy situation where they have to do something, because you can't have a militant force from another country launching rockets at 1/3 of your population, but you can't go too far because of international condemnation/concern for civilian lives.
Yea probably, but it's also important to see it from the other side :) As for firing the rockets, how many rockets from hezbollah were hitting israel before they went to war against them?

HSC
jenzipoo said:
yess israel loves just going into palestinian terrotires and killing them...just like we play soccer or poker they play lets kill the palestinians...you tool
you are so bloody ignorant as to the situation!!
dont you dare try and equate the lives of military men to civilians!! no blood is higher than others and all death is a tragedy!! do you know an aussie guy is in the battalion that was attacked with 8 people killed an 2 kidnapped from INSIDE israel?? thank g-d that dya he was writing his uni exams and was exempt from army service for the 2 weeks

israel is extreminating who?? of course what the usa does will solve the war!! israel and the usa are allies!! if usa sees that a neccessary solution is implemented so that israel is not under attack or threat anymore it will end it..but until then it wont!
first off i dont think that any1 blood is betta than others i just think that if u wanna go to the military then u know that there is a chance that u might die whereas when u just a civilian then u dont may/maynot expect to be bombd

as for palestine my friend used to live there and if u accept it or not she sed that there were days when nothin happend then out of the blue sum1 might get shot

and i aint ignorant u are since u seem to b takin israel and only israels side

as for that guy that went to the army there was one who went and died yet he sed he WANTED to go and that he wont regret it.....sowi hun but if he so much as wanted to go then i cant say nythin to that

and the only reason israel is in this is coz they dont lik oposition .....usa doesnt wanna go againt israel ..n the aussie gov is sukin up usaz ass

so obvously israel is gonna keep attakin n dying..same as the lebs

howeva it still is israels fault

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)