Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

najah said:
ISRAEL DOES NOT HAV THE RIGHT TO BOMB AND DEMOLISH A COUNTRY JUST BECAUSE OF ONE ''POLITICAL GROUP'' NOT TERRORIST GROUP AND IF THEY SAY THEIR TRYING TO GET HEZBOLLAH THEN WHY THE F**K ARE THEY KILLING YOUNG CHILDREN AND BOMBING LEBANONZ INFRASTUCTURE? SUCH AS THEIR BRIDGES AND AIRPORT.. OHH AND WOW THEIR SENDING OUT PAPERS WARNING CIVILIANZ TO GET OUT OF THEIR HOMES.. THEIR STILL BLOODY DYINGG IF U DIDNT NOEE.. HAV A LOOK AT THE NEWZ.. 915,000 PPL EVEN MOREE ARE HOMELESSS, MORE THAN 1,000 PPL HAV DIED MOST OF THEM YOUNG CHILDREN MORE THAN 3,500 PPL ARE WOUNDED... BOMBINGZ AFTER BOMBINGZ CAN U IMAGINE LIVING IN LEBANON AND WAKING UP EVERY NITEEE HEARING BOMBINGZ.. FOR GODZ SAKE PPL ARE DYINGG IN THEIR SLEEP AND UR SAYIN ISRAEL HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DEFEND HERSELF, DEFEND HERSELF FROM WAT?
There's no need for you to abuse your shift key (or the caps lock key), najah. Also, waf's point regarding capitalised text and the strength of your argument is something that you would be best to consider - stressing your argument by means of capitalised text doesn't mean that others are more likely to take note of what you have to say.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Jordan.J said:
Great way to dodge the issue

Well here's one

indiscriminate attacks

Indiscriminate attacks are those which are not directed at a specific military objective or those which use a method of attack that cannot be directed at or limited to a specific military objective. (Protocol I, Art. 51, Sec. 4)

This includes area bombardment, where a number of clearly separated military objectives are treated as a single military objective, and where there is a similar concentration of civilians or civilian objects. (Protocol I, Art. 51, Sec. 5a)

This also includes attacks where the expected incidental loss of civilian life or damage to civilian objects is excessive to the military advantage anticipated. (Protocol I, Art. 51, Sec. 5b)

Indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. (Protocol I, Art. 51, Sec. 4)

Combatants must distinguish between civilian and military objects and attack only military targets. (Protocol I, Art. 48)

If it becomes apparent that an objective in an attack is not a military one, or if that attack could cause incidental loss of civilian life or damage to civilian objects, then the attack must be called off. (Protocol I, Art. 57)

http://www.genevaconventions.org/

The Lebanese government have stated they are willing to sue the Israeli government for their war crimes in the International court

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3284627,00.html

I for one at least hope there is a trial

I think http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5198342.stm is a pretty good article reguarding the difficulty. Essentially, the thing about indiscriminate attacks is that you have to show that the israeli military did not care whether they were killing civilians or not. This may be somewhat difficult given the precautions they do take, however a case can still be made.

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
ABC news had a story on how Israel bombed a Graveyard. There was no evidence of any Hezbollah activity proceeding the bombing, and the only result of the bombing was that gravestones were blown up, bodies parts were scattered all over the place, a little girl was killed, and a few women were wounded.

Thanks Israel, you've made the Arab world a safer place

I salute you...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
There was no evidence of any Hezbollah activity proceeding the bombing, and the only result of the bombing was that gravestones were blown up, bodies parts were scattered all over the place, a little girl was killed, and a few women were wounded.
There are reports of such things happening. I think it's likely you'll find that there was some suspected hezbollah activity (surely you don't think they purposely just blow up graveyards?) at some time before the bombing happened. I think www.hrw.org has a good record at reporting on such situations in an unbias manner - They have some good articles reguarding the current situation.

turtleface

HSC
I don't condone Hezbollah's actions. In fact, I think they are a bunch of psychos. I don't think many people would defend Hezbollah's actions of randomly firing rockets into Israel.

However, I just can't accept that so many people (ok, just Israelis) would defend Israel's actions at the moment.

It is so obvious that Israel does not give a shit if Lebanese people are killed. To them, killing a Lebanese civilian is like killing a fly or something.

I urge anyone who still defends Israel's actions to look at the picture on the front page of the above site "not that bright" has posted, and still tell me Israel's actions are justified. (www.hrw.org)

I think you really have to be sick in the head. And I think some Israelis are. Take that example of Israeli kids signing bombs that are about to be dropped on civilians.

2 more examples were:
1. of that IDF general who, when asked what he felt when bombs are dropped on civilians replied something along the lines of "I feel a slight bump as the bomb door is opened"
and 2. of the IDF Colonel today who justifed the latest strikes by saying that his mother lost her entire family in the holocaust, hence Israel was justified in defending itself now.
:confused: last time i checked, the people dying at the moment in lebanon (and israel) weren't around back then...

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Take that example of Israeli kids signing bombs that are about to be dropped on civilians.
They believe they are going to be dropped on the people that have been terrorising them, not the civilians. It is like seeing lebanese children who love hezbollah for killing israeli soldiers. I do think it's sick to get kids' involved in war, but it's kinda inevitable for both sides.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I think http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5198342.stm is a pretty good article reguarding the difficulty. Essentially, the thing about indiscriminate attacks is that you have to show that the israeli military did not care whether they were killing civilians or not. This may be somewhat difficult given the precautions they do take, however a case can still be made.
I agree, war crimes are really hard to prove

but with comments like this:

Israeli Justice Minister: IDF Entitled to Kill Everyone in South Lebanon
Thursday, July 27th, 2006 in News by James Bovard|

From the BBC today:

Israeli Justice Minister Haim Ramon “said that in order to prevent casualties among Israeli soldiers battling Hezbollah militants in southern Lebanon, villages should be flattened by the Israeli air force before ground troops moved in.
He added that Israel had given the civilians of southern Lebanon ample time to quit the area and therefore anyone still remaining there could be considered a Hezbollah supporter.

“All those now in south Lebanon are terrorists who are related in some way to Hezbollah,” Mr Ramon said

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2006/07/27/israeli-justice-minister-idf-entitled-to-kill-everyone-in-south-lebanon/

You cant help but think the Israeli's are guilty in some way. But as you said, the difficulty is proving it

ice ken

HSC
ummm i dont realli think israeli's are wrong do you know how long they have had to put up with the hezbollah ??? and iran. they are trying to get rid of israel and wipe them off the earth, if you didnt know. now israels have had enough and they are going to retaliate, lebanons fault for not telling israeli's where the hezbollah are hiding. another fact i found interesting was that israel has more enough fire power to wipe out the whole middle eastern area. you guys know about that stuff how before iran and shit were trying to invade israel but israel won and they also gave like egypts land back?

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
ice ken, did you let your 5 year old brother use your account or something?

It really looks like it

Optophobia

HSC
That's a very romantic video. The birds chirping. The kids laughing... Too bad i've heard them before and they are a common sound byte used on TV..

That video just reminded me that this is the same conflict that has been occuring for thousands of years - just with modern weaponry instead of spears and swords.

Also, I don't really buy the whole "lebanese, noble aryan peoples living in peace.. Until the big bad jew comes along" image that is often put across on such videos. No jewish gang has gang raped an Australian chick ;)

Last edited:

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, I forgot. Before the war people in Lebanon were dying everyday, their buildings and bridges were collapsing, refugees displaced all the time.

And ofcourse this has alot to do with NSW crime. Thanks for reminding me Optophobia. :rolleyes:

Those images are real, I want them to stop. If you want it to continue them make your own video of how those kids were terrorists

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Jordan.J said:
Watch this video and then still try and say Israel arnt wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxWFjXP-MI&search=Cease%20Fire%20Now%21
you my friend are a walking logical fallacy

stop appealing to emotion and get a real argument going to support your stance. We all know kids get killed in war, so do old grannies, mothers fathers and disabled people. Thats one of the prices of a war with civilian casualites. These civilian casualties are unavoidable thanks to hezzbollah's tactics of hiding his troops in civilian areas. Why have hospitals been hit? because terrorists hide in them. Same goes for churches and graveyards.

Do you think their aim is to kill innocents? no ofcourse not. All the Israelis want to do is live in peace without fear of rockets being fired [indescriminantly mind you,. making hezbollah guilty of exactly the same crimes] into their cities and their people being taken hostage and tortured.

Bad shit happens in war and war has existed as long as humanity, Its only in the last century that the horrors of it have made its way into our living rooms.

I particularly liked the picture of the little girl at the end. Why dontwe get her to ask the middle east to stop being hostile to Israel?

When you stir of the hornets nest, you get stung. simple fact of life.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
you my friend are a walking logical fallacy

stop appealing to emotion and get a real argument going to support your stance. We all know kids get killed in war, so do old grannies, mothers fathers and disabled people. Thats one of the prices of a war with civilian casualites. These civilian casualties are unavoidable thanks to hezzbollah's tactics of hiding his troops in civilian areas. Why have hospitals been hit? because terrorists hide in them. Same goes for churches and graveyards.

Do you think their aim is to kill innocents? no ofcourse not. All the Israelis want to do is live in peace without fear of rockets being fired [indescriminantly mind you,. making hezbollah guilty of exactly the same crimes] into their cities and their people being taken hostage and tortured.

Bad shit happens in war and war has existed as long as humanity, Its only in the last century that the horrors of it have made its way into our living rooms.

I particularly liked the picture of the little girl at the end. Why dontwe get her to ask the middle east to stop being hostile to Israel?

When you stir of the hornets nest, you get stung. simple fact of life.
tats interesting serius.. so u claim that its ok for Israel to bomb people and its not ok for hezbollah to do the same? Hezbollah always have claimed their aim is to destroy Israel? in their opinion they are not innocents... but this recent incident had nothing to do with the nation of Israel.. it was meant to be prisoner exchane - that israel refused and paid the price ( a few rockets on northern israel.. wait how many houses were demolised? wat only 30 civilians died woah shit).
"when you stir the hornets nest, you get stung" - israel did and they got stung.. unfortuntely for the lebanese.. they also got stung.
The whole point here is there never should been a war.. israel should have sorted it out diplomatically. the way t he arab league are going about it.. its not surprising that iran and syria havent started attacking israel yet.
If you show that terrorist are hiding in every spot that Israel has bombed let alone 25% of spots then maybe u can use the reason ' they hiding in civilian strongholds..". Even if that was the case why are hezbollah still able to launch rockets into Israel?.. Israelis have destroyed most of southern lebanon ?

Last edited by a moderator:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HotShot said:
funnyy... its the jews bombin now..
The Jews are trying to aim for Hezbollah targets, civilians are collateral. Muslim suicide bombers attack civilians as their primary target in the majority of cases.
tats interesting serius.. so u claim that its ok for Israel to bomb people and its not ok for hezbollah to do the same?
1. Israel are targeting military installations.
2. Israel has the right to defend itself from a menacing extra-governmental force that is indisicriminantly attacking their civilians.
3. Hezbollah has no legitimate reason to own missile trucks.
4. Hezbollah initiated this war.
etc
Hezbollah always have claimed their aim is to destroy Israel? in their opinion they are not innocents... but this recent incident had nothing to do with the nation of Israel.. it was meant to be prisoner exchane - that israel refused and paid the price
Except the prisoners taken by Israel have been charged with crimes, whereas those in Hezbollah custody (supposing they haven't been decapitated with a samurai sword yet) did nothing.
( a few rockets on northern israel.. wait how many houses were demolised? wat only 30 civilians died woah shit).
So Israel should sit there, do nothing, and wait for that 30 to become hundreds, or thousands? Perhaps only 30 have died because Israel are doing an effective job of hitting Hezbollah rocket installations.
"when you stir the hornets nest, you get stung" - israel did and they got stung.. unfortuntely for the lebanese.. they also got stung.
Hezbollah did all the stirring.
The whole point here is there never should been a war.. israel should have sorted it out diplomatically.
You cannot negotiate diplomatically with an organisation who will not stop until your country is destroyed.
the way t he arab league are going about it.. its not surprising that iran and syria havent started attacking israel yet.
Hezbollah is funded by both Iran and Syria. It's their way of attacking Israel without putting their own citizens in danger, once again an example of cowardice.
If you show that terrorist are hiding in every spot that Israel has bombed let alone 25% of spots then maybe u can use the reason ' they hiding in civilian strongholds..". Even if that was the case why are hezbollah still able to launch rockets into Israel?.. Israelis have destroyed most of southern lebanon ?
Exaggerating the damage does your credibility no favours.

jenzipoo

HSC
HotShot said:
funnyy... its the jews bombin now..
gotta love your constant interchnaging of the word 'israel' and the word 'jew'..keep up the good work

tats interesting serius.. so u claim that its ok for Israel to bomb people and its not ok for hezbollah to do the same? Hezbollah always have claimed their aim is to destroy Israel? in their opinion they are not innocents... but this recent incident had nothing to do with the nation of Israel.. it was meant to be prisoner exchane - that israel refused and paid the price ( a few rockets on northern israel.. wait how many houses were demolised? wat only 30 civilians died woah shit).
mate please get this through your thick head..its a simple maths equation
the reasoning of the bombing done by israel does NOT equal the reasoning of the bombing done by hezbollah
it had eveyrhting to do with the nation of israel!! they didnt steal syrian soldiers they sure as hell didint steal iranian soldiers...another maths equation...it only leaves one more neighbour left = ISRAEL
of course israel refused a prisoner exchnage with hezbollah...the main guy they want out is one of israel's prized possesion terroritsts they caught!! they sure as hell wont release him
there is a stark difference with the situation..the reason why only (and i say only not because one life is more precious than another but when looking at the death toll in comparison it is an 'only') 30+ civilians have died is because the israeli government has evacutaed people further south or provided bomb shelters for their civilians...if not the death toll would be very similar! and the reason why you never see those 30 on the news is israel MOURNS the death of its fallen...it doesnt parade them on news stations or the internet...it doesnt need the worlds sympathy

The whole point here is there never should been a war.. israel should have sorted it out diplomatically. the way t he arab league are going about it.. its not surprising that iran and syria havent started attacking israel yet.
o yes diplomatically discuss with a bunch of terrorists?? o and by the way those terrorists happen to think that you dont really exist..
iran and syria...they cowards, they would never have dreamed to attack! theyre all talk and send these brainwashed men out to fight for their greater agendas..absolute cowardly pigs! have you seen the interrogation with the one captured terrorist?? very interesting

najah

HSC
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

Generator said:
There's no need for you to abuse your shift key (or the caps lock key), najah. Also, waf's point regarding capitalised text and the strength of your argument is something that you would be best to consider - stressing your argument by means of capitalised text doesn't mean that others are more likely to take note of what you have to say.
I DNT CARE I LIKE CAPZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

najah

HSC
jenzipoo said:
gotta love your constant interchnaging of the word 'israel' and the word 'jew'..keep up the good work

mate please get this through your thick head..its a simple maths equation
the reasoning of the bombing done by israel does NOT equal the reasoning of the bombing done by hezbollah
it had eveyrhting to do with the nation of israel!! they didnt steal syrian soldiers they sure as hell didint steal iranian soldiers...another maths equation...it only leaves one more neighbour left = ISRAEL
of course israel refused a prisoner exchnage with hezbollah...the main guy they want out is one of israel's prized possesion terroritsts they caught!! they sure as hell wont release him
there is a stark difference with the situation..the reason why only (and i say only not because one life is more precious than another but when looking at the death toll in comparison it is an 'only') 30+ civilians have died is because the israeli government has evacutaed people further south or provided bomb shelters for their civilians...if not the death toll would be very similar! and the reason why you never see those 30 on the news is israel MOURNS the death of its fallen...it doesnt parade them on news stations or the internet...it doesnt need the worlds sympathy

o yes diplomatically discuss with a bunch of terrorists?? o and by the way those terrorists happen to think that you dont really exist..
iran and syria...they cowards, they would never have dreamed to attack! theyre all talk and send these brainwashed men out to fight for their greater agendas..absolute cowardly pigs! have you seen the interrogation with the one captured terrorist?? very interesting

ahaha cowardly pigs ay? LOLLzzZz iran and syria arent all talk matee dnt u worry, all iran has to do is throw one bomb and all of israel is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lmaoo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)