It is not as hard as the HSC (1 Viewer)

Institution

HSC
ok SO from reading what i have, i have drawn up the conculsion that no matter how hard we thought Prelim was the HSC is about double that.
Am i right to asume this? :confused:

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Our school just basically told us that Year 11 is twice the workload of Year 10 and that Year 12 is four times the workload of Year 10.

HSC
yeah it is...especially english...if you can't write 1200-1400 words in 40mins then get practicing cos thats what you need...

Lori.

HSC
Year 11 is NOTHING compared to year 12 - I cant even remember what we had to do in the year 11 exams lol thats how inferior they were. Preliminary may give you a foundation to build on - but you're building a 100-storey scyscraper on that foundation!
Dont get scared though, it's all do-able, just a lot scarier :/

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My school had always described the preliminary as "the HSC with training wheels on". Well come HSC the training wheels are off, the pressure to succeed, the stress and assessment\exam workload is stepped up another notch.

Comparing the two years is quite hard as your opinion of preliminary is quite different when you start/part way through to the end when you realise the marks don't count towards the HSC.

I am sure there will be a lot more stressed HSC students replying to this since we are thrust right into HSC exams right not.

L

littlewing69

Preliminary is hard, when you're doing it. Looking back, you get a whole lot smarter/better at jumping through BOS hoops through Year 12.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I don't think that the HSC content is necessarily "harder" in some subjects, but for some such as chemistry it's more difficult. The HSC requires more work and effort, and you need to maintain this work ethic. You also need to be absolutely familiar with the exam formats, and how to use exam techniques in which you should have learnt in prelim. HSC here we come...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
yoakim said:
I don't think that the HSC content is necessarily "harder" in some subjects, but for some such as chemistry it's more difficult.
And for some, *coughPhysics:mad1:cough*, the syllabus is even more boring :S

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Just when you thought it couldn't get more boring than it was :eek:
The subject itself is not boring. Just when they give these syllabus points that seem...a little irrelevant :p

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I thought it was a given that HSC is harder than the prelim, just like year 10 is harder than year 9... Man, that seemed a loooooooooooooooooonggggg time ago...

HSC
HSC is a bit harder than the prelims, but i guess the pressure of the situation makes it feel hard as well

also, hsc means that u have to be able to write a lot, especially in subjects like history and english

the other day, some people were saying that for their ext 1 eng exam (which is 2 hrs btw) they wrote like 30-40 pages total (there's only 2 qu's so that's around 15-20 pages each)...it sounds a bit much but i guess that what we have to do now

some of them are bsing anyway, some people say they wrote 50 pgs lol, who are they trying to impress i'd say 40 is well enough ...getting off track

point is that there is more pressure now, and higher expectations, we got big boots to fill

u ready?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
the pospinator said:
the other day, some people were saying that for their ext 1 eng exam (which is 2 hrs btw) they wrote like 30-40 pages total (there's only 2 qu's so that's around 15-20 pages each)...it sounds a bit much but i guess that what we have to do now
Those booklet pages aren't really that hard to fill up :)

Robbbbbbbb

HSC
Yessssssss its harder, it doesn't matter so much the quantity of what you are writing people can write 10 booklets and not recieve an A range where as someone who writes 2 booklets or even 1 could

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)