It is not as hard as the HSC (1 Viewer)

HSC
i'm not saying that u have to fill up 10 booklets, like u said, u can get a band 6 by filling up only 1 or 2 booklets, it is about quality

nevertheless, my point is that we will end up writing more because the hsc contains more content than the prelims and some of the content is a lot harder

T

Testpilot

HSC is not really harder, it is just a step up in the knowledge (just like from year 9 to 10 or from 10 to 11). However instead of being compared to a marking guideline (you still are) you are aiming to beat a certain percentage of the state for your needed UAI. This is where the HSC is a lot different to prelim and why a lot of people find it harder.

HSC
is the hsc actually harder than prelim?:confused:

or is it the "stress" from the actual hsc giving as the shits which makes it seem harder cuz we put in more effort and energy, etc..?

P

pLuvia

the-1-n-only-me said:
is the hsc actually harder than prelim?:confused:

or is it the "stress" from the actual hsc giving as the shits which makes it seem harder cuz we put in more effort and energy, etc..?
Just work consistently throughout the year and you should be fine, i.e. don't leave things to last minute

HSC
Without Wings said:
Only in the same way that year 10 is harder than year 9 etc. HSC work builds on from preliminary and past work, so it is progressively harder, but that happens every year when you get a grade higher at school (and obviously every year you become more capable) ;) Generally people tend to put a lot more stress on themselves and emphasis on their school work during the HSC year which is why it is thought to be a lot "harder". Obviously if you go on to university it will be harder than year 12 - as you make your way up the academic system more is expected of you, and you become capable of producing more. :)
very well put, it's like a progression, of course it's gna be a but harder than prelims, every year is harder than the previous, but the stress factor is also a big one

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Chiisora said:
I thought it was a given that HSC is harder than the prelim, just like year 10 is harder than year 9... Man, that seemed a loooooooooooooooooonggggg time ago...
Yeah it did eh?

yosemite sam

HSC
the hsc is harder because more is expected of you, but how hard it is for you definitely depends on what you expect from yourself. having glimpsed the hsc (accelerated 2u religion) i know that the work is more rigorous and you have to put in a buttload more time than you do in year 11, but knowing that everytime you put in more work means taht you uai might be just a bit higher does sometimes make it worthwhile. other times it still doesnt help. i dont think i just wrote what i planned on writing when i started typing this...i think a longer attention span than mine helps in the hsc too....

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the hsc is harder than prelim in terms of what will be expected of you and the amount of work, etc...but to be honest, looking back on the past year, it really is not THAT hard, once you settle in to a routine and realise that the hsc is not the ultimate defining event in your life. It will be harder initially, but you will get used to it and it will all become second nature just like prelim.

zaqwerty

HSC
(Does anyone else hate the word "booklet"?)

How exactly do you perfect the art of really-really-really-fast-writing?

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
eew booklets.
and journeys.
*die!*

but with regards to writing like lightning...
get one of those really smooth pens.
and just practice throughtout the year.
do your notes in fast writing so it'll just become second nature...
i guess.

xD

come to think of it i need to master that art too...
GOOD LUCK!

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I found the paper mate kilometrico pens to be really good.

Prelim was harder for me because I didn't study:rofl:

The stress and workload increases. Just stay focused and aim to do your best:)

Seidel1711

HSC
i think the H.S.C has to be harder than the prelim course because of the pressure u put on ur self and the pressure put onto you by others, lets face it most of us didnt go near 100% in prelim except for a few "nerds" (who are some of my best freinds.):) so h.s.c is harder cause evryones tryin and theres more pressure.

vizman

HSC
well yeah the HSC is harder, but usually most people lift their game so its not too bad :)

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
having nearly all your teachers constantly telling you that 'the HSC is extremely important' doesn't help things much. oh well, most of us (hopefully) know there's more to life than a bunch of closely crammed exams we've studied several days/ weeks for anyway.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pinkly said:
having nearly all your teachers constantly telling you that 'the HSC is extremely important' doesn't help things much. oh well, most of us (hopefully) know there's more to life than a bunch of closely crammed exams we've studied several days/ weeks for anyway.
I find that that just demotivates me :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)