IT Online Quiz Group (1 Viewer)

konggo

HSC
for ppl who are studying it i know this mite sound lame but its worked for me...ie each person answers and post a question that someone else answer,
WITHOUT LOOKING AT TEXTS BOOKS OR INTERNET SITES

Q define the following formats, and give a brief idea on wht it is
1).GIF
2).PNG
3).JPEG
4).XLS
5).TIFF
6).BMP

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
Jus from the top of my head from IPT

1) GIF: Graphical Interchange Format. It is a lossless file compression. Symboles (as they call it) are used to replace repeated patterns/colours. Lossless compression allows image to retain its original quality via reverse process. Compared to JPEG the GIF image quality is less because it only allow 256 colours. Requires less storage, poor image quality.

2) PNG: Portable Network Graphics. [??? Will attend to immediately]

3) JPEG: Joint Photographic/Picture Expert group. It is a lossy file compression. Has available +6 million colours to represent image, thus greater quality compared to GIF. Its a compressed file format that doesnt sacrifice too much quality.

4) XLS: [??? Will attend to immediately]

5) TIFF: Tagged Image File Format [??? Will attend to immediately]

6) BMP: Bit-Map. Example of bit map is JPEG/GIF. Image made up of pixels. Each pixel is represented by bits (Os & 1s) this is known as bit depth. The more number of bits used to represent a pixel leads to larger file size, more storage space required. To find out the file size of a Bit map image simple note its resolution and its bit depth. Eg: find the size of an image with resolution of 800*600 with 64 colours (2^6 where 6 is the bit depth).
(800*600*6)/(8*1024) calculation is in kb.
Note
8(Byte)
8*1024 (Kb)
8*1024^2 (Mb)
8*1024^3 (Gb)
Also vector graphics is image made up of lines & shapes. Example of Vector is WMF stands for Windows Meta File.

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
What is the most likely cause of an erratic mouse cursor?

A An unplugged mouse cable
B A broken wire in the mouse cable
C A dirty ball and rollers in the mouse
D An incorrectly installed mouse driver

BTW, that was in last years HSC. I've seen this Q heaps of times and its always D), however the suggested answer on the BOS website is C :/

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
I agree with C.
i always find it diificult to get the cursor to go where i want it to go, when theres to many dust/dirt stuck in the rollers. Clean then out using tweezers is the best method i think.

konggo

HSC
Freedom_Dragon said:
What is discrimination, give an example to reinforce?
List all the possible descrimination?
Name and describe the 2 type of descrimination? Hint (Direct & Indirect)

there are many forms of discrimnation tis can range form racial, social,status and sex
each in the workplace can be implemented directly and indirectly.

for sex discrimination this can be things like if your a good worker and boss thinks you deserve a raise and a promotion and tell you come to office later to discuss but in the mean time finds out that you are pegnamt and turns you down because of this...
indierctly this can be things like asking someone else to do heavly lifing work in a industrial plce or in an it industry asking you to do the rally basics cause you are a girl..

???is this rite??

konggo

HSC
Andrew_Blackwel said:
Define OH&S?

OH&S (occupational health and saftey) refers to te study of erganomics.. the study of the saftey of the workplace and how RSI can be reduced.

Q wht is RSI??WHt is its other name??

konggo

HSC
Andrew_Blackwel said:
What is a style guide?

a style giude is a user defined layou of a document..this can also be define by your boss to the keep the style of documents in your company the same and to show consistancy

konggo

HSC
Andrew_Blackwel said:
Design a poster that shows correct packing procedures for a monitor in diagramatic form.
look at the pic sorry it isnt great but should get general idea

Last edited:

konggo

HSC
Andrew_Blackwel said:
NAme six IT positions in an office environment?
hardware technition software technition, software engineer,communicatiosn technition,network administrator,information technology consulttant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)