IT Online Quiz Group (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
Hey guys for 2003 HSC, with question6 by deduction i can figure out its A) but why is it that Port B can use longer cables than port A ?

With question 4, what are delimited TXT files?

Thanks guys

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
yeah q6 i was like wtf. i didnt see the logic in that. port b can use longer cables than port a...

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Yeh had the same problem with question 6 too. From my point of view, B, C and D are totally incorrect so again leaves "A" the answer. Longer cables might mean how long the cable is not the speed to transmit data.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Also for question 4, i have no idea what is a delimited txt file. From the question it asks for “No common file format” so since we don’t heard of delimited txt file, therefore “C” is the answer.

Prerna

hey keeping the quiz going on...

Q identify why back up is neccessary and the main feature which ensure its effectiveness

good luck guys be sure to get plenty of sleep tonight!!!

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Backups are necessary so that valuable data can be recovered in the case of a system failure, or a disaster such as fire etc.

It's main feature? Thats kinda vague isnt it? But wouldnt it be something like making backups at regular intervals and using off site backups would ensure that if something happens to the site in question, all files can still be recovered?

PS: Hi prerna ;) hehe

infirmus

CrashOveride said:
ok here's another Q:

Why would the installation of an expansion card invalidate the warranty of a computer?
Because you have to open the computer case, they dont like that.

JAZZ disk - Old Iomega zip like disk thing (think they put extra z on the end in the exam)
http://www.iomega.com/na/products/p...&ASSORTMENT<>ast_id=63191&bmUID=1100143900906

Delimited text file is jsut a plain text file,
comma delimited -
heading1,heading2,heading3
value1,value2,value3

can also be tab delimited

CrashOveride

HSC
ive read that JAZZ drive is just like zip drive just that they have larger capacity disks. meh

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
yeh something like 2 gig or sumtin like that :S

Musta been slow as :p

hehe ah well, i got a question for ya

What is the difference between a policy and a procedure? (2 marks)

And another Q:

Describe the disadvantages/advantages of local and network installations of software (3 marks)

hese were in my trial, and while i got them right, i thought my trial was marked easy.

CrashOveride

HSC
A policy is a guideline that workers should follow in order to achieve maximum productivity, keep in line with company activity, etc. On the other hand, a procedure is a set of instructions that workers follow in order to complete a certain task.

i got full marks for both, i think mine was marked easy also :p i managed overall with 89% with no study heh

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
damn aye, i only managed a 90, but lost all my marks in the last section :|

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Wouldnt this be where the computer is initially started, and BIOS is loaded, and then the computer loads the OS from the hard drive, or other drives depending on the order in which it's set?

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
YEY i got something right lol, now can someone help me with Q16 a) on 2003 paper? (refer to my thread :p)

konggo

HSC
yeah with thats go into detail ie how u have to use the export import wizard. and yeah i think thats it

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by infirmus
JAZZ disk - Old Iomega zip like disk thing (think they put extra z on the end in the exam)
Right. A Jaz drive and disk are similar to a zip drive and disk but have a larger capacity and relatively expensive.

Konggo. Ok ok... its probably not an easy question then.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)