ITT: we motivate each other to exercise and keep at it! (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
no vitamin c aids in the absorption of iron, not protein.

But he's right, that much meat is not healthy at all. Recent research (citation needed lol) suggest you shouldnt have more than 1 - 2 servings of meat a week; it has been linked to higher risks of bowel cancer, etc., but most likely because that type of diet is usually low in fibre anyways.
What I suggest is you switch to soy products, like tofu if you can bear it, because soy contains all the essential amino acids as well as vitamins and fatty acids, and it is much easier to digest. So Good has some really decently flavoured soy products.

But on the other hand, I really think you should reconsider bulking up that much; 100kgs is far too heavy for anyone, whether thats fat or muscle mass you're schlepping around. One can be strong without being all massive and bulky.

Again, do body pump, people :)
Soy is all fine and dandy for women but it messes with testosterone in guys, lowers your test and bumps up your estrogen or something like that.

As long as his lifts are going up and he isn't putting on excess bodyfat, if his diet works for him then fantastic. Gotta eat big to get big.

HSC
holy shit i didnt notice that!

cannibal.horse that is not healthy, you wont get tanked by just eating meat and drinking milk. sure protein is good, but a variety is always essential, u need other vitamins to unlock the proteins in meat, for example i think vitamin c does that, so maybe an orange after having a meat sandwich and a meat shake and a meat ice cream will be good..
Being a young athletic male I have a calorie intake of around 3000. When you break down my macronutrients that much meat is quite healthy, it's around 2-3g per kilo of bodyweight.

I focus on protein because it has an essentual place to gaining muscle (its the basic building blocks OF muscle) and its generally MUCH harder to meet my protein requirements than it is carbohydrates (for example, 2 weetbix contain 30g of carbs whereas 100g of meat only gets you 25g of protein).

I probably don't eat enough fruit/veg but I don't care. I'm young and my metabolism is crazy, like most 18 year olds I can live off maccas and get away with it.

Lori. said:
But he's right, that much meat is not healthy at all. Recent research (citation needed lol) suggest you shouldnt have more than 1 - 2 servings of meat a week; it has been linked to higher risks of bowel cancer, etc., but most likely because that type of diet is usually low in fibre anyways.
What I suggest is you switch to soy products, like tofu if you can bear it, because soy contains all the essential amino acids as well as vitamins and fatty acids, and it is much easier to digest. So Good has some really decently flavoured soy products.

But on the other hand, I really think you should reconsider bulking up that much; 100kgs is far too heavy for anyone, whether thats fat or muscle mass you're schlepping around. One can be strong without being all massive and bulky.
I'm going to have to disagree with you sorry...

RDA food requirements are 4-5 servings of meat a week (for a sendimentary adult). Most studies recommend a protein intake of around 2g per kilo of bodyweight for athletes, but no long term study has ever really been conducted on hypertrophy. I treat all such studies with skepticism though, because according to FDA requirements I should be eatting 15 serves of bread/wholegrain a day...

Soy is a pretty poor source of protein - (70-80 animo acid content, so technically it's incomplete). Plus it's used as an estrogen suppliment for menopausal women... Not my scene yo.

And 90-100kg is a very healthy weight for a male, it's the limits of hypertrophy for most men and looks awesome. Just check out Francois Steyn:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Lol, I'm the exact opposite of you lot.

I'm trying to bulk up. I've been doing a powerlifting routine (Rippetoe) for two months now, I've managed to gain 5kg. It's hard to be motivated because I have to eat so much (I try to drink at least two litres of milk and half a kilo of meat a day), and eat the right foods which can be expensive and boring.

That and I hate ass-to-grass squats, psychologically they're hell.

My goal is to reach 90kg by the end of this year, and 100kg over the next few years. I'm now at 83.
2 litres of milk?

watch out for those kidney stones, dude.

and who's that in ur av?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)