James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachael230

well, i just read the whole thread (i just finished my hsc and dont quite know what to do with myself :p), and the person from JR, along with saying they work 'bloody hard' also said that they didnt start work for a particular grade before they reached said grade. i assume they know more about their school than you do.
as others have said, i dont really care. sure, its kind of annoying that almost an entire grade of one school will get a higher uai than me. but there's a reason- not that they 'cheat' or are the BOS favourites- most of them are more intelligent than i am. so, instead of complaining, look at what's been presented to you by those who go to the school that you're whinging about, listen to them, and try to have an open mind about it.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Alright, I have read the entire thread. You have no evidence to back up your claims. As far as I can tell, you cannot prove that the people at James Ruse are cheaters with a distinct advantage since they begin the HSC curriculum before other schools. How can you be so sure that they teach ahead to a HSC level in junior years? Like I said earlier, post up a non-accelerated Year 9/10 exam from the school if you have access to one to prove it.
Otherwise your claims could be downright false.

Also, why are you assuming that the people from James Ruse are trying to defend their so called 'advantage'?

xx__savannah

HSC
Ok, so you don't know the meaning of inverted commas, but you use them? and '...lol' is slang, which is completely acceptable, especially on the internet, which is a medium that accepts it.

God, you are a debators (or anyone else with half a brain)'s nightmare. You have the facts, you ignore them because youa re too pig-headed to accept anything other than the propaganda you preach.
actual point of whether JR should be allowed to start the curriculum early.
That was never the point of this -- you just wanted to whinge, and think you are smarter than you actually are. You cannot "critisize" what you do not know or understand without showing your ignorance.

How can you say that Trebla hasn't read the whole thread? He seems to have a better grasp on it that you do.
And you absolutely have no right no pass judgement or lord over others about you apparently superior English skills. You shouldn't ever try and bring attention to punctuation used when you don't use enough of it.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
critiek said:
Unfortunately this thread has whiled down to just JR students defending their school's advantage... with little real discussion debating the actual point of whether JR should be allowed to start the curriculum early.

You ask for other schools? To my knowledge no other school is as bad as JR in this field of "acceleration". (Note the punctuation added)
3 posts? I'm an ex-student anyway, but that's besides the point. Personally, I thought that my contribution of, "you're just plain wrong, we accelerated in maths only; and even then not to HSC level until the actual HSC" was quite a good one.

MarsBarz

HSC
Haven't read all this but what prevents anyone from starting year 12 work in year 7?
Honestly year 7 to 11 are completely redundant.

critiek

HSC
Even if they are in an "Accelerated" class it does not mean they can start year 12 work. Haven't you figured this out?

xx__savannah you're everyone's worst nightmare. Atleast I can stay on subject whilst you just assume that I'm doing this to whinge. But it seems you hold yourself in high esteem so better not knock you right down or you'll be complaining of "whinging" and foul play. How does one not use enough punctuation? Oh my I spelt a word wrong by a single letter, surely you've never done that in your life! Woe is you.

You talk about debaters and probably see yourself as one, unbeknownst to you debators do not nitpick about spelling when they debate their point. And since you have not even bothered to debate the point but rather spend your post making personal attacks then I can safely assume that you are not much of a debater if anything more than a whiner.

Trebla why do I have to argue your side as well? If you see JR then half of them will brag to you about how far ahead they've gone. Like I said before it doesn't have to be an non-accelerated class. No matter what class they are in, as long as they are not in Year 12 they cannot do the course unless they get BOS permission and fill the necessary requirements for a HSC course. Ie JR and their Agriculture accelerants who do this, meaning they have assesments and tests and get a HSC mark.

However this does not mean they can do the same for maths unless they do as the Agriculture students and do the assesments, exams and work in a set period of time.

Neo: "we accelerated in maths only; and even then not to HSC level until the actual HSC" So what did you guys do after accelerating in maths after doing all the Prelim stuff, don't tell me a school like JR would just spend the time they saved through hard work from 7-11 doing nothing and just waiting for Year 12. If you claim this to happen then that's just a pack of lies.

To the previous two posters, many posters have answered your statements/questions. But atleast you brought up a point about the initial debate unlike some people.

It seems like me like I have to retype everything again and again for a continous cycle of people who either don't argue the point, attack other posters or just plain troll here. xx_savannah please go find a less brain intensive subforum to chat in, when people want to have a proper debate about a particular point using "...lol" is not appropriate.

I am aware that lol is accepted on the internet but the internet is just another medium - it does not mean you can just use any wording you want. lol omfg gud point lol!!1! is not a proper way to talk on the internet

"'...lol' is slang, which is completely acceptable, especially on the internet, which is a medium that accepts it."

So you use 'lol' outside of the internet? Do you say lol in real life? I think I know why you are so angry and quick to judge then...

helper

HSC
N/A
Critek. I will once again quote the BOS
Schools can choose to enhance their Year 10 program to prepare students for their Preliminary courses. This is different from commencing the Stage 6 program during Year 10. Schools would need to clearly differentiate between any enhancement to Year 10 programs and commencement of the Preliminary courses before day 1, Term 1 of the Year 11 calendar year.
So while you cannot teach the Year 11 and twelve syllabus, you are able to include in your 7-10 programs information that is taught in 11-12 to enhance the program.

From Science Examples:
H-R diagrams are not in the 7-10 syllabus but lots of schools go onto them because they enhance students understanding of the study of the universe.

Moles are not part of the 7-10 syllabus and balancing equations is an extension from the standard syllabus. Both are done at stages.

Ohm's law is an extension of the 7-10 syllabus. Power formulas and the like are not part of the syllabus but are commonly taught.

It is not a total ban on year 11 and 12 work that BOS has implemented but aa ban on teaching the syllabus.

xx__savannah

HSC
Look, I had a post summarising what I thought were the best and most accurate posts from here, but it's gone now, and I don't have the time to go over it again, and you're just not worth it. But let me clarify some things.
Atleast I can stay on subject whilst you just assume that I'm doing this to whinge. But it seems you hold yourself in high esteem so better not knock you right down or you'll be complaining of "whinging" and foul play. How does one not use enough punctuation? Oh my I spelt a word wrong by a single letter, surely you've never done that in your life!
Some/bordering on half of your posts don't make sense. That's what I mean. I make typos -- who doesn't? -- but that's not the point. Yours don't make sense. Why would I complain of foul play? It's not applicable. You're entitled to an opinion as much as I am, but yours is wrong to me, therefore I can go against it. And yes, I'm complaining of whinging, because I've complained of yours.
"'...lol' is slang, which is completely acceptable, especially on the internet, which is a medium that accepts it."
So you use 'lol' outside of the internet? Do you say lol in real life? I think I know why you are so angry and quick to judge then...
Again, makes no sense -- your implication is too vague, but I'm guessing it's unfounded. And what I said was that slang, of which 'lol' is an example, is acceptable, as the Internet can be informal depending on the situation. For example, in a forum, populated by teenagers, of course you're going to expect to run into slang.
MarsBarz said:
lol omfg gud point lol!!1!
Ditto.

On a closing, read everyone else's posts, often they are more informed then you. Especially read helper's.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
xx__savannah said:
Look, I had a post summarising what I thought were the best and most accurate posts from here, but it's gone now, and I don't have the time to go over it again, and you're just not worth it. But let me clarify some things.

Some/bordering on half of your posts don't make sense. That's what I mean. I make typos -- who doesn't? -- but that's not the point. Yours don't make sense. Why would I complain of foul play? It's not applicable. You're entitled to an opinion as much as I am, but yours is wrong to me, therefore I can go against it. And yes, I'm complaining of whinging, because I've complained of yours.

Again, makes no sense -- your implication is too vague, but I'm guessing it's unfounded. And what I said was that slang, of which 'lol' is an example, is acceptable, as the Internet can be informal depending on the situation. For example, in a forum, populated by teenagers, of course you're going to expect to run into slang.

Ditto.

On a closing, read everyone else's posts, often they are more informed then you. Especially read helper's.
This isn't a thread about spelling, idiot.

critiek said:
Neo: "we accelerated in maths only; and even then not to HSC level until the actual HSC" So what did you guys do after accelerating in maths after doing all the Prelim stuff, don't tell me a school like JR would just spend the time they saved through hard work from 7-11 doing nothing and just waiting for Year 12. If you claim this to happen then that's just a pack of lies.
So, let me get this straight. You DON'T KNOW what James Ruse does. You're just ASSUMING that what I said was a pack of lies. So, be honest, you actually have no idea at all about what happens at Ruse, and your only way of replying to anyone who's actually gone to the school is, "YOU MUST BE WRONG BECAUSE I THINK YOU'RE WRONG". How do you expect to have any form of intelligent debate if you are stubbornly arguing about an issue which you know absolutely nothing about

Last edited:

xx__savannah

HSC
"This isn't a thread about spelling, idiot."

I was replying to his post. I never specifically mentioned spelling, he did. He didn't understand what I meant, I explained it. There's no need to call me an idiot over that, is there?

Apart from that, I agree with everything else you've said, neo.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
critiek said:
If you see JR then half of them will brag to you about how far ahead they've gone. Like I said before it doesn't have to be an non-accelerated class. No matter what class they are in, as long as they are not in Year 12 they cannot do the course unless they get BOS permission and fill the necessary requirements for a HSC course. Ie JR and their Agriculture accelerants who do this, meaning they have assesments and tests and get a HSC mark.
Just because they brag about it does not necessarily mean it's true. They might be trying to put you and everyone else in a position of jealousy over the success of their school. Perhaps they may be exaggerating of what may be a tiny extension of the course.
I'm not convinced and neither are many people who contributed to this thread, about your claims, unless you have solid proof to back it up such as an exam paper. Simply stating these claims and expecting us to believe it is true is not good enough.

Also, this is directed to the people who actually go to James Ruse Agricultural High School: I would like to ask whether you people get hints of the HSC course in your junior years. In other words, do your teachers give you a preview of the Preliminary and/or HSC course throughout the progress of your junior courses but do not directly teach you any aspects of the senior syllabus?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Trebla said:
I would like to ask whether you people get hints of the HSC course in your junior years. In other words, do your teachers give you a preview of the Preliminary and/or HSC course throughout the progress of your junior courses but do not directly teach you any aspects of the senior syllabus?
I think it depends.. even at my old comprehensive school i got taught yr11 stuff in yr 10 cos i was interested and it was relevant.. but tat was only maths..
and HSC/Prelim stuff is in the public domain anyways.. its not lik u cant do it at home..

I didnt get any yr 12 stuff in yr 11 at ruse... but i think the whole school is slightly ahead cos of the environment.. it doesnt really hold u back.. lik in the other school i went to.. where we had to wait till the whole class got the concept.. and not everyone could apply it still..
i think its a matter of natural progression.. and some kids are interested .. if u do physics some ppl knew about how matrix mechanics worked and it was interesting to talk about

i didnt just learn syllabus things in eco.. i had a good time talkin about politics too and we still did pretty well.. the environment allows u to excel.. u can choose not to as well.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
I think it depends.. even at my old comprehensive school i got taught yr11 stuff in yr 10 cos i was interested and it was relevant.. but tat was only maths..
and HSC/Prelim stuff is in the public domain anyways.. its not lik u cant do it at home..

I didnt get any yr 12 stuff in yr 11 at ruse... but i think the whole school is slightly ahead cos of the environment.. it doesnt really hold u back.. lik in the other school i went to.. where we had to wait till the whole class got the concept.. and not everyone could apply it still..
i think its a matter of natural progression.. and some kids are interested .. if u do physics some ppl knew about how matrix mechanics worked and it was interesting to talk about

i didnt just learn syllabus things in eco.. i had a good time talkin about politics too and we still did pretty well.. the environment allows u to excel.. u can choose not to as well.
<3 Dunkerly :p

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I had one better ;)
I had Flood.. man sooo many library classes.. kebabs when he wasnt watchin.. lolz

Tingaling

HSC
i agree its the tall poppy syndrom. i agree that there should be schools alowing their students to go further, as long as the students can handle it.

Tingaling

HSC
i agree its the tall poppy syndrom. i agree that there should be schools alowing their students to go further, as long as the students can handle it.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
I had one better ;)
I had Flood.. man sooo many library classes.. kebabs when he wasnt watchin.. lolz
He was pretty good if you didn't like work :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
*drops dead on the floor*
*breathes heavily for 10 seconds...*
Phew, finally finished reading that entire thread.
*breathes for a few more seconds*
I'm surprised that no one really mentioned JR students going to coaching colleges such as Preuni and Prior, which i go to and see a handful of JR students. In years 11 & 12, these colleges teach you the same topics that you are doing at school in that subject but at a more structured way, i.e the entire year has been planned if you are staying at the college for the next 2 years. Therefore they will not waste any time and efficiently move through the prelim/hsc course since the tuition was paid for. I'm not just referring to JR students that go to coaching colleges but alot of students seek learning aids such as these colleges to help them learn the concepts and topics in a more comprehensive manner.

Some colleges such as Prior will teach ahead of the course especially in extension 1 maths, and this is perfectly legal as it is an external teaching centre and not governed by the BOS. My point is that the top students aren't just studying by themselves. Notice that i'm not just referring to JR students as quite a few of them do seek external assistance, including private tutors, which is another option that students can undertake. The better students will make sure they understand as comprehensively as they possibly can and seek external assistance.

I am clearly not arguing against any other specific point made of JR students starting the hsc course much earlier. I just want to express my opinion, which seems to be outstanding from everyone else's clustered arguements upon each other. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)