James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
jmp08077 said:
uh... we got the highest average mark for english as well.................. not that good i know........the two guys at our school who came equal first in Phyz was 'ok' you know? not that great.... of course... it's just some maths going for us....... oh yeah... we have ag. i forgot...1st,2nd.,3rd,4th(not sure about this one), 5th, 6th, 7th.... yeah...but that doesnt count...

oh...that's right. olympiad...gold..silver..ohhhh! i should stop. im making a fool of myself. we are only nerds who can do some maths...=)
People would get the point of your post more if you wrote it in proper English. I found it difficult to read.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Charity F said:
QFT.

Stupid thread for stupid people who are stupid enough to throw hate around stupidly because they're not happy about who/where they are.

Also saw a couple of open-minded, mature minds, and I think we have hope.

/thread
yep.
the kids are smart so what's the problem?
we're second in the state, we don't accelerate, and we're fine. we keep our position for 15 odd years.
so what if james ruse stresses marks marks marks?
BOS is not treating them with special privileges.

beentherdunthat

HSC
critiek said:
Why is it that James Ruse is the only school in the State that starts HSC and Prelim work way before they are allowed to by the BOS?

No other selective school does this, even the high ranking girl and boy schools play by the rules and only start the HSC course after Year 11 has officially finished.

If anyone has seen a James Ruse maths test, they are doing 3 unit work in year 9/10 and their exams are more difficult than any other school urely because they have worked so far ahead.

Officially the BOS does NOT allow this yet they cast a blind eye over their love child with the politicians and spin doctors who want a model school for NSW. We don't tell the other states that this 'model' school plays by their own set of rules.

I find what James Ruse is doing extremely selfish and stereotypical of their school mentality of "marks marks marks".

The BOS also have less than impressive contact 'details' which are probably siphoned straight into their spam folders or answering machines.

People think it's impossible to overcome James Ruses' high standard but their is talent in every school, except they work hard and have no life.

I say we should make some noise and get the BOS to rethink their special treatment policy. I propose that because of their unfair advantage over other schools they should have their scaling reduced because they already have and advantage over other students even before they cheat and do the HSC material behind everyone else's back.
bs
we did that too

rebbii.rooty

HSC
I think that people should understand that there are insanely clever people in almost every school.
The girl who is topping English in my school is getting 100%, and is also doing extension 2 maths for the third year in a row. She's obviously massively accelerated in Maths and using it to her advantage.
James Ruse just has heaps of these talented people in the same school because it makes it easier for them to learn I guess. I mean, all being at the same level.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
bs. No-one in our grade [year 10 at ruse] is being allowed to accelerate maths [haven't heard of it for other subjects either] and our grade includes a guy who won a silver medal this year in the IMO and a girl who is doing [well, acing] her SATS. I don't know about other grades, but at our subject selection night, our head of maths spent the entire 10 minutes telling us why we should NOT do 3U maths. As for doing 3U maths in yr9/10, I can tell you that most of us wouldn't get past the first question. You see, we haven't actually learnt calculus, despite what you seem to believe from 'seeing our maths tests'.

Cheaters? I don't think so.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
wendus said:
yep.
the kids are smart so what's the problem?
we're second in the state, we don't accelerate, and we're fine. we keep our position for 15 odd years.
so what if james ruse stresses marks marks marks?
BOS is not treating them with special privileges.
except 2005 and 2006 *CoughhornsbygirlsCough*.

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
Friends in selective schools have friends that are seriously one of the best in their school move to James Ruse with some sort of bribe or something.. so it's not really the school that is good, they just keep stealing all the smart people from other schools, especially Baulkham Hills High. They have been the leading school in over 13 years now. My friend goes to Baulko and is determined to knock them off their perch this year lol.

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
allyoop said:
Friends in selective schools have friends that are seriously one of the best in their school move to James Ruse with some sort of bribe or something.. so it's not really the school that is good, they just keep stealing all the smart people from other schools, especially Baulkham Hills High. They have been the leading school in over 13 years now. My friend goes to Baulko and is determined to knock them off their perch this year lol.
james ruse is full of faggotry

sapoi

HSC
. . OHH Well i thought most Selective schools ( which obviously includes the BEST yet maybe so overrated - James Ruse ) are provided with several more privelleges in comparison to other public school so im sure it all concludes to the school simply outsmarting the rest of the NSW public schools!!! O WELL " PUBLIC EDUCATION IS THE BEST!" atleast i should thank the lord i aint in a private school rather than accusing James Ruse of cheating!!!! Isnt "CHEATING" absurd itself? anyway that's just my generic reply

=)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to burst your bubble, allyoop, but James Ruse does not bribe the best students from other schools to transfer to ours. They have to apply to change schools, same as any other student would to any other school, and then their application is considered. And of course, the best ones will usually get in. That's what happens with any school's transfer process. But lol at Baulko trying to knock us off our perch. It takes a lot more than one person to do that.

jmp08077

Rusian 08
HSC
black_kat_meow said:
People would get the point of your post more if you wrote it in proper English. I found it difficult to read.
yeh im crap english. <--- this is not sarcasm. i think im coming 100th out of 160 at ruse atm. XD so im not a very good representative of our grade's overall performance in english. ^^"

english is the only subject that's letting me down from a high UAI. probably because i finished learning A to Z in year 7 lolol.

HSC
N/A
All this nonsense of the Board of Studies telling teachers thou must not teach such-and-such before Year 11 is rubbish. The BOS rules stipulate the HSC cannot be completed over more than 5 years or less than 2 years. Therefore some Year 9 students can (and have done) Extension 2 Mathematics, for example.

It is even more clearly rubbish when you consider that other countries more highly differentiate the curriculum than in Australia. Therefore with a more internationally attuned system, such as the one proposed by the National Curriculum Board, currently chaired by Barry McGaw, such antiquated nonsenses evaporate into a puff of trivialities.

lionking1191

HSC
allyoop said:
not going to happen as much as I hate to admit it..

its more of a self-perpetuating cycle. good results = prestige = high demand = high marks to get in = more good results

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
rarrararrararara. poeple are interpretating this issue completly wrong. JAMES RUSE didnt get the privilege to get 2 start hsc in advance because their the best skool in NSW. Theyre the TOP school because they start the Hsc early and get a head start and get spoon fed. THE END

Aplus

HSC
N/A
How do they get spoon fed? I suggest you remove that gnorant comment.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jmp08077 said:
yeh im crap english. <--- this is not sarcasm. i think im coming 100th out of 160 at ruse atm. XD so im not a very good representative of our grade's overall performance in english. ^^"

english is the only subject that's letting me down from a high UAI. probably because i finished learning A to Z in year 7 lolol.
I don't see why you're doing 4U English.

lionking1191

HSC
Charity F said:
not with THAT attitude you're not. ;)
ah well i was being realistic. there's just no pt competing with ruse when it comes down to maths phys and chem :(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lionking1191 said:
ah well i was being realistic. there's just no pt competing with ruse when it comes down to maths phys and chem :(
You shouldn't give up before you start. Sure, the majority of Ruse students are intellectually and characteristically amazing, but that does not mean that all their studnts are all 100% perfect. There are people who don't even go to prestigious schools and you know why? They have drive and determination. They know what they're competing against and that focuses them to work really hard. In some cases they can even match, or better, even people from Ruse

lionking1191

HSC
wow slow down. no one's giving up, i'm just just saying ruse will pwn maths phys and chem just like they have been for the past decade and a half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)