James Ruse Premedical College (1 Viewer)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
How the fuaaark do they do so much better than everyone else each year? I'm not talking about the league tables, I'm talking about their median ATAR. 99.35...seriously, WTF? How is that schools like Baulko and us [median ATAR (95.8) 2010] are nowhere close? I want something specific, not some shit like, "I guess they work hard". Preferably from someone who goes to Ruse. And does anyone know their selective school test cutoff mark, for that matter? Is it above 250?

Nota Bene : I know this question has been asked before, but it's never been answered properly.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
How the fuaaark do they do so much better than everyone else each year? I'm not talking about the league tables, I'm talking about their median ATAR. 99.35...seriously, WTF? How is that schools like Baulko and us [median ATAR (95.8) 2010] are nowhere close? I want something specific, not some shit like, "I guess they work hard". Preferably from someone who goes to Ruse. And does anyone know their selective school test cutoff mark, for that matter? Is it above 250?

Nota Bene : I know this question has been asked before, but it's never been answered properly.
How come it can't be said when it's a part of the truth. That along with crazy natural intelligence, good overall learning environment (from internal competition) and insane asian parents.

Anyways, other people would wonder how High maintains a median ATAR that high (pun not intended). So yeh, it's all relative.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Well Ruse's median ATAR last year was around 99.55, give or take a few 0.5's. Oh, and their average ATAR isn't much lower. It's really competitive in Ruse- you're expected to do extremely well in all your exams, and most of the students actually do really well. The exams are more difficult than your average selective school exams and tests... WAY HARDER- these exams require like, 10 times the brain power and knowledge. They're motivated to do well, and unlike some people, actually care for their futures.
And although you probably already know this, it's the students who make Ruse the top school high school in NSW, and Australia.. They do their homework in a structured routine (particularly students in yr10+), and on top of all that, they may go tutoring.
And this year, their selective cut off mark was around 250, which is horrendously high. I'm pretty sure that Baulko's cut off mark was/is in the low 230's (or high 220's) considering that they've dropped quite a few ranks.

Oh, and Ruse is a really supportive school! All the students support one another in different ways. There's rarely any teasing, and as a result, the atmosphere at Ruse is really... well, really relaxed (except for exam weeks). And these kids are CRAZILY smart. Most of them have this natural ability that you're born with, or brought up with. In a competitive, usually relaxed and friendly school like Ruse, this ability thrives, and that's why these students are such high achievers. As a result, all these students do extremely well in the HSC (I'm talking 99.55+!).

My sister goes there, so yeah.
It's kind of like this :p :
99.7+ : good for a Rusian
99.5+ : Eh, not bad
99+ : :( Could've done better... disappointing
Anything below 99 is significantly below their expected result.
there's a story of a new ruse kid being shown around and he saw someone sitting down alone and the dude showing him around said "don't talk to him he only does 2 unit maths"

anne1010

HSC
there's a story of a new ruse kid being shown around and he saw someone sitting down alone and the dude showing him around said "don't talk to him he only does 2 unit maths"
lmaooo

clissold

HSC
Do you want to know the DIFFERENCE? I'm not joking here. I know some people have answered this post with retarded and half hearted answers, but I'll tell you (although I don't go to ruse, but I know ppl who go there and they talk about this ....=.=)

1. James Ruse CONSTANTLY gives you ATAR estimates EVERY TERM after your assessments, whereas Baulko and other schools only give it to you after your trials
2. James Ruse strategise and are HONEST about scaling and moderation to their students, unlike most schools who brainwash you and hide these facts of HSC from you. That's why lots of people in ruse do the asian 5.

This is most probably correct..

At my school for instance, we dont get ATAR estimates at all haha..

And also, half the teachers at out school have no idea when they try to explain scaling, moderation, alignment, etc..

zxreth

HSC

And also, half the teachers at out school have no idea when they try to explain scaling, moderation, alignment, etc..
+1, same situation

K

khorne

Ummm, is it no obvious? james ruse has the largest draw out of any school. It draws from a huge sydney area, thus only the top students get in. The difference between other selective schools is simply prestige. Since Jame Ruse topped the tables a while ago, people have decided it is "better" than other selective schools, and their preferences have been towards it. Thus, more top end students choose Ruse as their preference thinking they will do better, thus Ruse gets the best scores. ezy.

GenY

HSC
Bull shit.untrue

Infatuate

HSC
I'm sorry, but that's not true. That sort of thing NEVER happens in Ruse.
Get your facts right, plsss :)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
confirmed true

enoilgam

HSC
Ummm, is it no obvious? james ruse has the largest draw out of any school. It draws from a huge sydney area, thus only the top students get in. The difference between other selective schools is simply prestige. Since Jame Ruse topped the tables a while ago, people have decided it is "better" than other selective schools, and their preferences have been towards it. Thus, more top end students choose Ruse as their preference thinking they will do better, thus Ruse gets the best scores. ezy.
This.

fiesycal

HSC
Ruse just gets the best from year 6 and steals the best from other top selective schools during high school. And just btw I'm pretty sure Baulko's median ATAR is usually around mid 98s, although last year was a bit of a disappointment overall.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, my English teacher doesn't even know how rankings work and said to the class "I don't know if you know how rankings work but it's like this..." and every word she said after that was the biggest load of shit ever.
Kids that don't do maths would understand rankings and shit better than her.

Yup, it is correct. This is FIRST HAND DATA I got from James Ruse graduates.\
Tbh, I envy those ppl who go to Ruse. They have UNLIMITED support.
My school lacks confidence and gives out low ATAR estimates.
Once they gave a girl a 69 ATAR estimate but she got a 93 ATAR in the actual HSC.
And my school has NO KNOWLEDGE OF SCALING AT ALL.......
Damn....
She probably started working harder because it was so low too.
But honestly, Law?

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
I want to spend just one day in Ruse and see if i'd survive :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)