• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jane Austen (1 Viewer)

Alex_H86

CEO of BoS...
HSC
I like Mr Darcy too...I try not to follow the crowd, but it's very hard not to like him!!I also really liked Northanger Abbey...it's short and sweet, unlike Emma, which is quite long and tedious at times, although it's still enjoyable.

bawd

HSC
My favourite was Pride & Prejudice, and my favourite characters would have to be Elizabeth Bennet, Mrs. Bennet and Mr. Bennet. I found it hilarious when Elizabeth was finding excuses for not marrying Mr. Darcy and one of them was like, "..but he's so rich." (or was that in the movie? :confused: ) Mr. and Mrs Bennet's antics in general were funny.

Last edited:

peregrinus

HSC
I love Mr. Darcy and all of Jane Austen's heroines

esp. Catherine from Northanger Abbey, Anne from Persuasion and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice

selablad

HSC
denise said:
i think jane austen was rather conceited, cause all the 'jane's were like perfect characters... i mean if you wrote a book, why would you name the characters after yourself.
I have never even thought about that, but that is really an interesting thought...

My favourite is Northanger Abbey, mostly by elimination
(Emma too boring, S&S didn't like the match-ups, Persuasion too stuck-up, MP had weird characters, P&P too popular...haha not really, it was good, but still)
but also because it's funny, and sweet, and has lots of levels.

Or something. Oh well, I guess I like all of them. But NA is the only one that I like compared to the whole field of literature. If that makes sense. As in, it's not just a JA book I like, it's a book I like...should I just shut up now?? :confused:

agua.fuego

HSC
bawd said:
My favourite was Pride & Prejudice, and my favourite characters would have to be Elizabeth Bennet, Mrs. Bennet and Mr. Bennet. I found it hilarious when Elizabeth was finding excuses for not marrying Mr. Darcy and one of them was like, "..but he's so rich." (or was that in the movie? :confused: ) Mr. and Mrs Bennet's antics in general were funny.
Definitely was in the movie, not too sure about the book (only part way through)... but yeah, I loved that part too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)