• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jap Battle: Toyota Vs. Nissan (1 Viewer)

HSC
DaddyK said:
Genuine? I think not.
why do u need genuine theres no difference they are all made to a standard and they are cheeper its not harder to make them so why would it be more expensive?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
Asylum....Please don't think that message you posted will go down well...this is a thread full with rev heads...the last thing we are thinking about is getting rid of fossil fuels and getting into electric powered bubbles. ...........That being said when they design a hybrid car that runs 9's call me.
What are you talking about, some hydrogen racing cars have better pulling power than petrol. Soon we'll all be commenting on how outdated and idiotic petrol was to use in a car.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
DaddyK said:
Asylum....Please don't think that message you posted will go down well...this is a thread full with rev heads...the last thing we are thinking about is getting rid of fossil fuels and getting into electric powered bubbles. ...........That being said when they design a hybrid car that runs 9's call me.
lil lelu said:
umm there arnt many cars that dont use petrol or gas, even the hybrid cars use petrol to charge up the batterys wich then drive the electric motor.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hybrid-car2.htm
Fuck you lot are a bit thick on the top..

I said it in jest, thus the " :p " and then followed it with an explanation of 'perfect' in a sense of having the same pulling power as well as not running on anything harmful.

I'm well aware of the limitations of the technology at this point in time.

Geez.. :rolleyes:

SlipStream

HSC
Keep it friendly, people... :)

The bottomline is: internal combustion engines are very inefficient. Due to the rising cost of oil due to different influences (OPEC, War, terrorism, "limited supplies" (yeh right), etc) the market for alternative fuels is opening at an incredible pace, and the pursuit for an alternative (read: cheaper) option such as hydrogen is sucking billions of dollars from the major manufacturers in development. Petrol will be superseded by about 2012, by probably hydrogen. Petrol will still be available; it will just be too expensive to be viable as a primary source for transport. The price of petrol will plateau, probably at about $5-$6/litre, and will become secluded to the comparitively small consumer group of enthusiasts (a few people here included) who drive petrol-powered cars as recreation, rather than transport. The larger manufacturers will continue to produce petrol-powered sportscars until about 2017, where the market dies off due to its declining sales. The exotic manufacturers will continue to make petrol-powered supercars, until petrol is ultimately put under pressure to be phased-out around 2025 (due to its environmental 'impact', albeit small at this point) where petrol will then become a specialty product, much like racing fuel is today (purchased in drums and stuff). It will be used only by the most dedicated enthusiasts, for decades on, but it will never "run out".

That's my take.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
011 - Thats HYDROGEN...and RACING CARS....of course they go hard, but there not a feasible option for road use.

Asylum - electric cars don't have the same pulling power. ....if thats what your saying.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
011 - Thats HYDROGEN...and RACING CARS....of course they go hard, but there not a feasible option for road use.

Asylum - electric cars don't have the same pulling power. ....if thats what your saying.
actually, electric cars, well anything electric has basically instant torque, unlike the internal combustion motor (of course it's different blaa blaa)

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
actually, electric cars, well anything electric has basically instant torque, unlike the internal combustion motor (of course it's different blaa blaa)
Yeh he's right DaddyK - that's why the electric motor in hybrids is used for accelerative purposes while the engine cranks up, because the performance appeal of the electric motor is 100% torque from 1rpm.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
nissan all the way (i love all the ricers)

the only toyotas i like are the mr2's and the truenos!

and supras look like clown shoes

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
DaddyK said:
This looks like a clown shoe?? I think its one of the best looking cars i've ever seen.
well the old skool ones look ok, the newer ones however are the ones that im referring to

SlipStream

HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
and supras look like clown shoes
If you're referring to the JZA80 Supra (the curvey one), don't say that around any respectable car enthusiasts. They will slap you on the forehead.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
fuuuk...i love that supra on the previous page (the one htat Too Lazy posted, even though ive seen that before :p)...i love the curves...
I dont get how they look like clown shoes, each to their own i guess...

DaddyK i agree with you to an extent, but i like hte 350Z...out of interest, what dont you like about them?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
I dont get how they look like clown shoes, each to their own i guess...
The exuberant curvature. As in, how clown shoes are overly exaggerated normal shoes because because of how they curve and bulge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)