Jap Battle: Toyota Vs. Nissan (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
011 said:
The exuberant curvature. As in, how clown shoes are overly exaggerated normal shoes because because of how they curve and bulge.
oh ok...i personally like that style :p
AsyLum - great pics :D

tomekz

HSC
No jap car is better then a Ford or any Euro car (luxury) but since i can only choose, NISSAN specially N15 sII Pulsar

SlipStream

HSC
tomekz said:
No jap car is better then a Ford or any Euro car (luxury) but since i can only choose, NISSAN specially N15 sII Pulsar
No Jap car is better than a Ford?!

Show's how much you know. Especially the bit where a lot of Fords are Japanese - because they own a controlling portion of Mazda - like the Fiesta, which is based on the same platform as the Mazda 2 - or the Focus, or the Escape, or the Courier, or the Econovan, which are likewise based (respectively) on the same platforms as the Mazda3, the Tribute, the Bravo, or the E-Series.

Regardless, most Japanese cars are better quality, better value and better performers than their Ford and GM equivalents. Also, the suggestion that Japanese cars are inferior to European cars is arguably flawed; a lot of even top class Germans suffer from shoddy build quality and materials when compared to Japanese cars of much lesser value.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:

Show's how much you know. Especially the bit where a lot of Fords are Japanese - because they own a controlling portion of Mazda - like the Fiesta, which is based on the same platform as the Mazda 2 - or the Focus, or the Escape, or the Courier, or the Econovan, which are likewise based (respectively) on the same platforms as the Mazda3, the Tribute, the Bravo, or the E-Series.

Regardless, most Japanese cars are better quality, better value and better performers than their Ford and GM equivalents. Also, the suggestion that Japanese cars are inferior to European cars is arguably flawed; a lot of even top class Germans suffer from shoddy build quality and materials when compared to Japanese cars of much lesser value.
*cough* mercedes *cough* shoddy quality as of recent *cough* :)

tomekz

HSC
SlipStream said:
Regardless, most Japanese cars are better quality, better value and better performers than their Ford and GM equivalents.
PFFFFF... GM maybe... not FORD.... like i said before pretty much the only jap car id get is an N15.... FULL STOP no matter what you, my little friend, say or think

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
tomekz said:
PFFFFF... GM maybe... not FORD.... like i said before pretty much the only jap car id get is an N15.... FULL STOP no matter what you, my little friend, say or think
hahahaha....you're funny

SlipStream

HSC
braad said:
*cough* mercedes *cough* shoddy quality as of recent *cough* :)
Hehe and a particular new BMW... *cough* E60 5-series *cough*

tomekz said:
What ever roasts your toast, champ. Good to see someone so passionate in what they believe in - don't let the facts get in the way.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol whats wrong with the E60 5 Series?
my dad bought one in feb...bargained it down from 106 to 96 (typical curries :p)
when we were looking at the 5 ser vs Lexus ES300 vs Lexus RX330 vs BMW X5 vs Merc E240...we honestly thought the 5ser was the best...although the rx330 has some great features...and the merc has that awesome cd player thing where u press a button and part of the wood lifts up :D

SlipStream

HSC
Supra said:
lol whats wrong with the E60 5 Series?
my dad bought one in feb...bargained it down from 106 to 96 (typical curries :p)
when we were looking at the 5 ser vs Lexus ES300 vs Lexus RX330 vs BMW X5 vs Merc E240...we honestly thought the 5ser was the best...although the rx330 has some great features...and the merc has that awesome cd player thing where u press a button and part of the wood lifts up :D
A lot of journos have been whining that the build quality is poor, some of the materials they've used are a little cheap, etc. I've never been in one - but some of the journos who make these criticisms are pretty reliable.

I was following an RX330 down Kariong Hill (for anyone who lives in Gosford) and it was doing 90! The speed limit is only 70, so I was fairly surprised (I was right behind it :p). Nice car, but it's ugly! hehe

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hmm all i heard was that the only negative in terms of build quality is the use of plastics...like at the back of the driver and passenger seat, its some sort of plastic...the rest of the car is fine
oh yeh the run flat tyres = "fidgety ride"...but its very convenient

Last edited:

S13WPN

HSC
tomekz said:
How did you ever come up with this opinion??

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
S13WPN said:
How did you ever come up with this opinion??
do you really want to know the answer to that?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
got a mate who has a RA77 (coupe model of RA28 basically for all you who dont know)

nice little car, but his dad is puting in either an MR2 motor, or an IS200 motor...i think the Lexus motor idea is coming along nicely. Possibly the lower rated Supra box too (non-turbo?)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
braad said:
got a mate who has a RA77 (coupe model of RA28 basically for all you who dont know)

nice little car, but his dad is puting in either an MR2 motor, or an IS200 motor...i think the Lexus motor idea is coming along nicely. Possibly the lower rated Supra box too (non-turbo?)
Are you sure its an ra77? because i didn't know there was such thing as an ra77 celica?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)