Jeopardy/Cameras/Charge/Party Animals (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Being a recent convert to ABC3 when I'm not at work (bring on Johnson and Friends!!!) I am beginning to see a major plot flaw in Jeopardy. How the fuck don't their cameras run out of battery??? Like they spend three weeks trapped in the Australian bush, not to mention six weeks in an alien wormhole, yet their cameras remain mysteriously charged? It's totally ruined a good show for me.

Also, recently re-aired on ABC2, does anyone watch Party Animals? I like it. It was sad when the guy died but he was pretty annoying.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yes i have been going through a Johnson and Friends renaissance since yesterday when I saw an ad for it on one of my nephew's Wiggles DVDs. Because when talking about kids TV shows from back in the day, everyone kept going on about Johnson and Friends, and I was like "no, pretty sure i've never seen it" and then suddenly it all came flooding back in a wave of ecstasy as i realised that it was actually my favourite show EVER. I also love the accordion thing.

_tasha

HSC
omg i remember watching johnson and the friends wen i was little:spin:now it just gets on mi nerves mi sister has 2 dvd's and she watchess it all the time

Sarebs

HSC
Yes i have been going through a Johnson and Friends renaissance since yesterday when I saw an ad for it on one of my nephew's Wiggles DVDs. Because when talking about kids TV shows from back in the day, everyone kept going on about Johnson and Friends, and I was like "no, pretty sure i've never seen it" and then suddenly it all came flooding back in a wave of ecstasy as i realised that it was actually my favourite show EVER. I also love the accordion thing.
I actually have a plush toy of the accordion somewhere, prob in a box in the shed. It was great. It would have been cool to have a Johnson toy. Although I remember putting bandaids on one of our hot water bottles to make it look like the one off the show ahaha.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hahahaha! That's awesome. And yes you would have been the coolest kid on the block with a plush J&F toy. Once i got yelled at for cutting up like four cardboard boxes when we were moving house to make a Buzz Lightyear costume.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
you just ruined jeopardy for me :( i joke i joke

that show was pretty funny

i was watching heartbreak high on ABC3 the other day, now that funny, the haircuts and the clothing, and the mobile phones. haha comic gold.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
thanks yoddle! i love Johnson and Friends! always tried to figure out the name of it but it never came to me. hehe the water bottle

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Johnson and Friends characters from Wiki:

Johnson (voiced by himself) is the "leader" of the toys. A furry pink elephant, Johnson is the wisest of the group, although he tends towards impatience sometimes. He has no detailed facial features, such as eyes or a mouth, but simple the vague shape of features.

McDuff (voiced by Dra McKay/Katrina Sedgwick) is a concertina and although she is a little silly, is a kind and loyal friend, especially towards the misunderstood Diesel.

Diesel (voiced by Matthew Chamberlain/Bruce Wedderburn/Doug Scroope) is a toy truck that spends most of his time going "bruuum, bruuum" around the floor. He speaks with a very pronounced Australian accent. Although brusque, he means well and is obviously fond of his friends.

Alfred (voiced by Peter Browne) is the hot water bottle, which is technically not a toy. He is a real "fusspot", and lives in the dark, dank area of the bedroom that is under the bed. He is neurotic and anxious, and complains constantly. His face wears an aggrieved expression, but it is Alfred that supplies a lot of the humour. He also owns an "old banana peel" which he is very protective of. Although grumpy, Alfred is generally good natured and helps Johnson out on his endeavors.

Squeaky (voiced by Sarah Boddy/Kristen Lyons/Emily Lumbers) is a robot. She is childlike and does not often speak; she believes that the vacuum cleaner is her mother. She does not appear very often.

Victoria (voiced by Elizabeth Easther) is a slow-moving dinosaur that actually belongs to Michael's sister, Mellisa; Victoria will appear at the door with some bad news she has just heard, e.g. "They're going on holiday and they can't take any toys with them!"

mitchy, yes heartbreak high mobile phones are so good! I was never really into it as a kid though. Too edgy.

On the subject of TV from back in the day, what about those Jesus Christ Church of Latter Day Saints ads? At Falls we got drunk and recited them to the best of our ability. It's disturbing how deeply they have penetrated my psyche.

philphie

Banned
HSC
how about brumby or whatever that car was called? the newer version of the show today is so gay though they have random people in the street prancing around, so stupid.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
how about brumby or whatever that car was called? the newer version of the show today is so gay though they have random people in the street prancing around, so stupid.
the car in johnson and friends? thats a truck called Diesel

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
it was brum wasn't it, the car that aimlessly drove around the UK?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
OH MY GOD BRUM!!! I loved brum!!! Those cars were so cool! I'm seriously going to have to raid the nearest ABC centre soon.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
lol the nearest abc centre.. tbh i went to the centre in my dream last night :S
isnt the nearest the only one in the city or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)