Job prospects in Australia for Chemical engineers (1 Viewer)

nazfiz

HSC
Hey guys,
Chemical engineering is one of the career paths that take my interest. The concept of this discipline just amazes me. This is all good and dandy but I am wondering what are the job prospects for chemical engineers in Australia?
I know I have a while before uni but I just thought an early opinion might help.

Thanks!

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Australia isn't exactly renowned for job opportunities in engineering. Except maybe mining.

HSC
nah seriously though just do whatever makes you happy who cares about money or prestige or job prospects

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Money is quite important. Prestige, not so much. And job prospects are definitely very important. You're not going to be happy if you don't have a job.

HSC
like you said do commerce i thought that was a joke
and also "Australia isn't exactly renowned for job opportunities in engineering" i thought that was a funny joke

Gonzalo

HSC
N/A
Like others have said job prospects aren't that great at the momment for chemical engineers in australia.

If you really are intrested in becoming a CE then you could work overseas for a few years to gain some experiance then come back later as there are many more jobs available for senior engineers.

HSC
i was joking and i assumed the others were joking but it turns out they are just idiots

job prospects for chemical engineering in australia are high, as they are for all engineering except for niche areas such as aerospace/biomedical etc to an extent

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Biomedical. :(
Thinking of swapping to chemical for this reason.
What wrong with all you people? Of course there are jobs for chemical engineers.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
"Australia isn't exactly renowned for job opportunities in engineering" i thought that was a funny joke
I stick to this. I'm not opportunities are nil, nor am I saying they're bad. I'm merely stating that they're worse than countries like the US.

HSC
I stick to this. I'm not opportunities are nil, nor am I saying they're bad. I'm merely stating that they're worse than countries like the US.
yes i realise that that is what you are saying

you are wrong though lol and now everything you say i am going to assume is also wrong

HSC
http://joboutlook.gov.au/pages/occupation.aspx?code=2331&search=keyword&Tab=prospects

•Job prospects for Chemical and Materials Engineers are good.
•Employment for Chemical and Materials Engineers to 2015-16 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this small occupation (7000 in November 2010) rose very strongly in the past five years and in the long-term (ten years), although with small occupations employment estimates can fluctuate.
•Chemical and Materials Engineers have a below average proportion of full-time jobs (89.7 per cent). For Chemical and Materials Engineers working full-time, average weekly hours are 42.1 (compared to 41.3 for all occupations) and earnings are high - in the tenth decile. Unemployment for Chemical and Materials Engineers is low.

fuck off and please dont give out advice on things that you clearly have no idea about

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
fuck off and please dont give out advice on things that you clearly have no idea about
No need to be so disrespectful. I was only trying to help.
you are wrong though lol and now everything you say i am going to assume is also wrong
"Australia isn't exactly renowned for job opportunities in engineering"
If you read what I said, I was not specifically addressing Chemical Engineering in Australia. I was talking about the engineering sector as a whole. Whatever, it's irrelevant to the OP. Chemical engineering is one of the higher paying disciplines of engo, and this is also the case in Australia.http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/shado/Learned%20Groups/Colleges/Chemical%20College/Newsletters%20and%20Publications/CEA%20Apr%2008.pdf. Do Chem Engo if it interests you.
like you said do commerce i thought that was a joke
and also "Australia isn't exactly renowned for job opportunities in engineering" i thought that was a funny joke
Oops. I was joking about doing Commerce. I wasn't joking about the 2nd part.
ahaha fuck me what kind of speds do they let into sbhs nowadays this clown is straight dumb
It's not as if there's an IQ test to gain admission into selective schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)