Jobs for 15 year olds (1 Viewer)

Sculzyoner

HSC
Anyone have any ideas about good jobs for 15 year olds. I know the ovbious ones are woolworths, maccas, kfc etc...etc, but does anyone one have any ideas that are a bit different.

sickk

HSC
cinema

iv been working at hoyts since i was 15, was the bomb.. until they sold to some new parent company pacific something, totally fucked it up and i hate it now

kawaiinlove

HSC
depends what you're into. say for example if you were into hairdressing you could apply for a small job at a hairdresser. Or hospitality, to start off, someone mentioned to me the other day that there is always a demand for kitchen hands.
there's also pharmacies, clothes stores etc.

Andi0390

HSC
Its usually much more fun and cleaner and nicer working in a cafe rather than fast food or checkouts.

Bookshop or video store would be good, but they can be hard to get. Bakeries often look for staff, and libraries often have jobs where you can put all the books back.

If you play sports, a coach for a junior team. Depends on your skills/interests.

ziki

HSC
papper run?
i only did 3 weeks of paper run as a fill in for someone getting up 6am in the morning in wild wind and rain is just too too too horrible :( (maybe i was unlucky)

try kitchen hand or something

Sarebs

HSC
depends what you're into. say for example if you were into hairdressing you could apply for a small job at a hairdresser.
I was given a job at a hairdressers when I was 14, even though I wasn't into hairdressing. I'm 17, love it, and still work there. It's great work if you're a people person.

Depending on your boss, you may do hands on work (I often colour and rinse hair) or you may be like a receptionist and do odd jobs.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm.. be a lifeguard at a local pool =P I got a 16 year old friend doing that.

U.S.A

Banned
HSC
arvo call centre.

I know a few high schoolers who were call centre operators. worked from 4:30 till 8pm 3 days a week for like 15 bucks an hour.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I worked at a chemist for a bit. It's a clean job, shit pay though where I went.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Go for retail over hospitality. Having worked in both, I can tell you that in retail you do not miss the constant cleaning, scrubbing and sweeping that hospitality entails. I had to wash my hair after every shift from all the grease that would end up clinging to it.

ay0_x

HSC
Go for retail over hospitality. Having worked in both, I can tell you that in retail you do not miss the constant cleaning, scrubbing and sweeping that hospitality entails. I had to wash my hair after every shift from all the grease that would end up clinging to it.
This.

If you can, avoid fast food. It's so much hard work for shit all pay. Supermarkets are heaps better. I worked at Hungry Jacks for 7 months and just started at Woolies. At Woolies i'm like "I'M FINISHED NOW?! I CAN REALLY GO HOME?!?! WHAT?!!?"

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Avoid fast food if possible, but anything with retail is a safe bet, your at a good age, mature enough (just) to work, cheap enough to take the risk.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
I have worked in retail since i was about fifteen. I, unlike a lot of my friends actually like my job, but dealing with rude people constantly is pretty tiring. Beats food though.

specky2009

HSC
Yeah, this is a problem for me too. I was gonna busk in the streets, I have some friends that do it when they don't have enough money for the train or something lol. They start randomly singing and people pay them! lol....I think i'm gonna do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)