• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Johnny Depp (2 Viewers)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
yeah he's the bomb in what's eating gilbert grape
and my friend bought me PotC for my birthday and i orgasmed
I loved him in Gilbert Grape.

I bought the DVD as soon as it came out. I love the bloopers reel :D

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
has no one here seen fear and loathing in las vegas? that was easily his best performance

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I loved him in Sleepy Hollow and how he fainted in the bed when he saw the headless horseman and how he is scared of bugs :p

I also loved him in Blow, which l didn't realise was a true story until the end where it comes up on the screen that the real bloke will come out of jail in a couple of years. He made it seem so real.

I also like Whats Eating Gilbert Grape? and POTC (Got it on DVD on Wednesday!)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by badapple
edward scissorhands...its so obvious that his character takes up hedge trimming. hehheh
I know that movie is a comdey but l always cry, l feel so sorry for him.

Originally posted by crazyhomo
has no one here seen fear and loathing in las vegas? that was easily his best performance
l'm working on it...

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
I also loved him in Blow, which l didn't realise was a true story until the end where it comes up on the screen that the real bloke will come out of jail in a couple of years. He made it seem so real.
that last scene of him in prison is one of the saddest moments i've seen in a movie

Originally posted by Misturi
l'm working on it...
there are a lot of similarities between his character, duke, and jack sparrow. potc is definately the better movie though, in my opinion fear and loathing is only watchable for depp. he really carried it

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
haha.. has anyone seen Don Juan Demarco? Johnny Depp has some awesomely hilarious lines:

"What do you know of love? Have you ever loved a woman until milk leaked from her - as if she had just given birth to love itself, and now must feed it or burst?"

"Women sense that I search out the beauty that dwells within them, until it overwhelms everything else. And then they cannot avoid their desire to release that beauty, and envelop me in it."

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Johnny Depp exudes sexuality but there's something slightly androgynous about his looks. Too bad he's getting old.
Orlando Bloom is better looking!

kalinda

HSC
great actor
i cant believe his 40 he still looks at the most 30

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
haha.. has anyone seen Don Juan Demarco? Johnny Depp has some awesomely hilarious lines:

"What do you know of love? Have you ever loved a woman until milk leaked from her - as if she had just given birth to love itself, and now must feed it or burst?"

"Women sense that I search out the beauty that dwells within them, until it overwhelms everything else. And then they cannot avoid their desire to release that beauty, and envelop me in it."
I couldn't sit through that entire movie. It was weird.

Has anyone seen "Cry Baby"? That's one of the first movies JD was in, I was watching it on schoolies, it's funny.

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
He must have good genes - I've seen a lot of 40 year olds who don't look nearly as young as him.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Johnny Depp.

SAG WInner 2004.

Globe/BAFTA/Oscar/BFCA nominee 2004 (Pirates Of The Caribbean)

"Sexiest Man Alive" People Magazine

"E! Entertainer of The Year 2003"

Fave Performance: Pirates Of The Carribean and Edward Scissorhands.

Fry

Originally posted by miss_salty
Johnny Depp exudes sexuality but there's something slightly androgynous about his looks. Too bad he's getting old.
Orlando Bloom is better looking!
Orlando is sooo not better looking IMO. Johnny looks incredibly young for his age and i doubt that when Orlando turns 40, he'll look anywhere near as good as Johnny. And the amazing thing about Johnny is that he's been an excessive smoker since he was a teenager and yet he still looks so amazing.

btw, i bought the POTC dvd and it totally rocks!! although there's not enough Johnny interviews. how funny did he look in that tracksuit? too cute..lol

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
See the problem with Orlando Bloom is that he's a damn lousy actor. Depp is not quite at the level of the great actors of this generation (Hanks, Cage, Spacey etc.), but he is damn close. The best part about him though is that his roles have always been interesting. Orlando Bloom.. bah, he almost single handed crapped on PotC

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
Orlando is sooo not better looking IMO. Johnny looks incredibly young for his age and i doubt that when Orlando turns 40, he'll look anywhere near as good as Johnny. And the amazing thing about Johnny is that he's been an excessive smoker since he was a teenager and yet he still looks so amazing.

btw, i bought the POTC dvd and it totally rocks!! although there's not enough Johnny interviews. how funny did he look in that tracksuit? too cute..lol
haha orlando bloom already looks around the same age as johnny.....

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by simmic
grrrr...

i hope you just mean johnny looks young
lol well yes.... but it also means that i don't think orlando is going to age as gracefully as johnny :D

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bubz :D
lol well yes.... but it also means that i don't think orlando is going to age as gracefully as johnny :D
Orlando pretty much has the same features as Johnny - both of them have a stong jawline and high forehead - but Orlando is better looking with his high cheekbones and his curls. :p So I think he will age as gracefully as Johnny if not better!

But . . . in terms of character and personalityI have to admit that Johnny has more charisma and depth. He's not that talkative (right?) and there's something appealing about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)