• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Johnny Depp (1 Viewer)

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
he has aged gracefully but he still looks middleage-ish. But yeh, i think his charisma makes up any signs of aging

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Orlando is no way in the same league as johnny! He gives me the shits, cos he gets the attention by his looks (tho wtf is hot bout a feminin elf over a manly man (aragorn) i dont kno!) when johnny is such a fantastic actor...... and he looks hot not only as a drunk and slightly gay filthy pirate, but also with is eyes missing in OUATIM!!! Johnny has been workin in this industry for like.....over 20 yrs....and b4 that he was a good, but poor, musician. He took an acting job cos he had to pay the bills and was good at it. really good. i think thats sweet. I wish he would play me a song on his guitar... : ( he wont play or release anything tho cos he thinks it'd be selling out.

He is good in pirates and blow....and everythin else. i love him.

xoxoxoxo

life4_rent

johnny depp's not married!! we still have hope!! :D:D:D

.. fact is that his in a de-facto relationship w/some model w/2 kids.. aarrrgh i want his babies!! *slap*

i forgot how edward scissorhands went.. havnt seen it in AGES. bt i hav to admit, he was excellent in potc. totally stole the spotlight.. i went to see potc for orlando bloom, bt walkd out of the cinema tribal chanting 'jack sparrow'! lol. even tho he was sooo good in potc, i dont think he should've gottn the oscar for that role. it would've been a waste (no off.) & sean penn was heaps good in mystic river neway =)

the ninth gate was a SHIT movie.. only johnny depp saved it from passing into cinema oblivion. i loved 'blow'. excellent movie that one :D

stop bagging out orlando bloom. his only just started out! sheesh, you cant expect him to hav johnny depp's 20 years of experience in the acting industry in two years! cut him some slack!

johnny depp's like brad pitt. they both age gracefully. the older they get, the hotter they are :D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I loved PotC - seeing Jonny all tanned after watching the likes of Sleey Hollow and Edward Scissor Hands when he was pale as a ghost was hilarious.

Jonny and Orlando - they are two completly different people, but I love em both. Sure, Orlando is fucking hot, but Jonny has something else (something Billy Boyd [Pippin, LOTR] and Craig Parker [Haldir, LOTR] both have) But that doesn't change the fact Orlando Bloom is hot. And he isn't a crap actor. I reckon he did ok in Pirates, and he an awesome job as Legolas - although, that cast was magnificent, they did a great job pulling good actors.

And in Ned Kelly - not the best movie, but he, Joel Edgeton and Geoffery Rush carried that movie. Everyone else was shit. Including Heath Ledger.

Anyway. They both have their ow qualities :p

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by life4_rent
hmmm...isnt he close to your dad's age?

Orlando bloom didnt do as well as i expected in his performance in potc...his performance was a bit disappointing but yeh...he looked so hot in that movie. Or maybe Johnny's brilliant performance made Orlando's looks even worse.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
HSC
johnny is 23 yrs older than me...im 18 this yr...hes 41. my rents are like 46. But that soooo doesnt freak me out. just cos hes old doesn't mean its bad....hes fuckin hot for 'fords' sake. (lol...brave new world lol)

Ok im sorry to all u orlano fans.... but you knida pinned it...hes been round 4 two yrs and has more publicity than most other blokes who've been round for donkeys, i kinda feel he dont deserve it yet. its all just hype thats made him somebody, not hard work. Like, see Johnny pre POTC, He was pretty quiet...livin in France and all a quiet achiever. But hes now v. popular cos ppl are realising how damn great he is. Like the academy. i read an interview When he was 21 and hes sayin stuff bout wantin to be a really good actor. His nomination, i think, was great because it would have let him kno that he has made it; he is great.

and BTW...orlando didn't really say all that much in LOTR to judge his acting abilities on, just a few stabs at gimly and ear twitching, with a lot of action thrown in.

Last edited:

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
I always found Legolas very amusing - he has the ability to constantly point out the obvious (even though he is a elf with super duper elf abilities)

For example -

[Frodo's sword 'Sting' glows blue when Orcs are close]
LEGOLAS: Orcs!

[Goblins are heard in the distance]
LEGOLAS: Goblins!

Back on the subjct of Johnny Depp - I love his understated personality. He's very quiet and doesn't like making a show of himself (of late anyway).

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
HAHAHAHA!! He did!! What about in ROTK? 'A Disraction!' after Aragorn spends 20 minutes explaining just that. Hehehe, he did have a tendancy to state the obvious.

Although, he scored LOTR fresh out of drama school, got Ned Kelly really soon after filming for LOTR started. I reckon to score something as big as those two, he must have been doing something right, other than being hot. But yes, Jonny certianlly did a better job in POTC.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by Darth Figgy
I always found Legolas very amusing - he has the ability to constantly point out the obvious (even though he is a elf with super duper elf abilities)

For example -

[Frodo's sword 'Sting' glows blue when Orcs are close]
LEGOLAS: Orcs!

[Goblins are heard in the distance]
LEGOLAS: Goblins!
hahahaha so true. How could anyone say he was good in LotR, he was there purely for sex appeal and the most impressive scenes he was in didn't involve dialogue (not that he had more than maybe 25 lines for the 3 movies) but crazy crazy stunts.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by homestar
what do you think about keira knightly?
She was great in Bend It Like Beckham, so so in POTC. She pissed me off when I was listening to her commentary on the DVD with Jack Davenport because she talked too much. I wanted to hear Jack's sexy voice, not hers.

Fry

yeah so true. i never knew she had such a big mouth! Johnny on the other hand, was very quiet.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
yeah so true. i never knew she had such a big mouth! Johnny on the other hand, was very quiet.
I couldn't tell which one was the director and which one was Johnny. I had the volume up as far as it would go.

Fry

yeah they had similar voices but i can easily distinguish johnny's voice for i have seen waaay too many of his films.

Fry

Originally posted by cleopatra
johnny is 23 yrs older than me...im 18 this yr...hes 41. my rents are like 46. But that soooo doesnt freak me out. just cos hes old doesn't mean its bad....hes fuckin hot for 'fords' sake. (lol...brave new world lol)
surely any obsessed Johnny fan would know that he is clearly 40 and not 41...yet. he was born on 9 June 1963. i dont really care how old he is, i would marry him in a heartbeat if i ever had the 'opportune moment'.

Fry

Originally posted by White Rabbit
I loved PotC - seeing Jonny all tanned after watching the likes of Sleey Hollow and Edward Scissor Hands when he was pale as a ghost was hilarious.

yes there's a nice contrast in characters there. but i think he's pale again now after seeing him at the academy awards which is weird cos ive seen him in some interviews and he was still tanned. i guess it was a fake tan..lol.

Fry

Originally posted by life4_rent

.. fact is that his in a de-facto relationship w/some model w/2 kids.. aarrrgh i want his babies!! *slap*

don't get your hopes up. i doubt his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, would ever leave him. i mean, who would? you'd be crazy to!! this is what she had to say:

"We are -- however you want to call it -- engaged, married, in love forever. Whether we signed a paper or not, we are married."

Winona Ryder and Kate Moss must be kicking themselves now for ever leaving him!

cleopatra

Cleopatra
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
surely any obsessed Johnny fan would know that he is clearly 40 and not 41...yet. he was born on 9 June 1963. i dont really care how old he is, i would marry him in a heartbeat if i ever had the 'opportune moment'.
I said im 18 this year...hes 41 (as in this year also) not that it matters

anyway fry, do u think me u loz and mitsuri could all share him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)