Journal Process (1 Viewer)

HSC
Our teacher hasn't exactly specified anything, so...
How significant is the journal exactly? Is it considered in the marking process?

Also, I'm not really grasping the concept of 'reflecting' in my journal. I just want to write and edit my story, and that's essentially what I'm doing. I have virtually nothing to reflect on. What goes on in my mind cannot be put into words. I've simply been writing 'I am up to (this) so far.' We're also allowed to stick our research in there, right?

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
Our teacher hasn't exactly specified anything, so...
How significant is the journal exactly? Is it considered in the marking process?

Also, I'm not really grasping the concept of 'reflecting' in my journal. I just want to write and edit my story, and that's essentially what I'm doing. I have virtually nothing to reflect on. What goes on in my mind cannot be put into words. I've simply been writing 'I am up to (this) so far.' We're also allowed to stick our research in there, right?
To answer your first question, the journal isn't actually marked by the Bos instead they may request to see the journal as evidence of the composition process if they suspect that the major work composition isn't actually the work of the student, that is if they believe the student has plagiarised. Now, reflecting is just simply when you look back on what you have done (for instance the every 1000 words or so) and evaluating whether the you have established an effective opening, whether you have achieved your intentions, generally whether you are happy with the opening body of work or you need to make changes to it. It's just an indication of you evaluating and critiquing your own work

brendroid

HSC
It is pretty important, as Chevalier said.

It is kinda marked though, because you can draw off your journal for your Reflection Statement, which is actually marked. Journal's a lovely place to just through articles, ideas and stuff :)

HSC
The journal is for you to just keep track of the process. Stick in all of your research as well as document any changes our thoughts, which as said above, is good for the Reflection Statement. I use for both, mostly for research, because i'd lose it otherwise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)