This is what fucks me up
The textbook says one thing, people say the other thing

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Then why am i seeing limits being used after long division

This is what fucks me up
The textbook says one thing, people say the other thing
Like in this sheet, you guys said that the asymptote is directly from long division so in that case wouldnt it be x + 4/x^2 not y = x? And see how they used limits after the long division? Wtf its completely opposite to what people are telling me and so now I am confused as fuck as to what to do

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
As in when you find the oblique asymptote (i hope you know what that is lol) is it just using long division and whatever you get from the long division the asymptote? Or do you still have to use limits?

Yeah haha i have no idea whats going on in the first exercise haha ive been looking at examples and shit but I gave up. I'm turning to Cambridge because of how shitty (hard) the first exercise was haha

Oh yes my bad you need long division for those. What you need to do is something like this:

So when you put the limit as x tends to infinity we get:

So the asymptote becomes x^2 + 5 which is only derived by this method.

I forgot that:

Whenever the numerator polynomial has a higher degree than the denominator polynomial, you must ALWAYS do long division first, regarding that as an asymptote.

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Like in this sheet, you guys said that the asymptote is directly from long division so in that case wouldnt it be x + 4/x^2 not y = x? And see how they used limits after the long division? Wtf its completely opposite to what people are telling me and so now I am confused as fuck as to what to do

For y=(x^3+4)/x^2= x + 4/x^2 -> y=x is your oblique asymptote (your asymptote is whatever is not in the fraction)

watch the vid i posted it probs explains it better than me

HollaHollaGetDolla

HSC
the last time i touched a cigarette was like a few months ago haha. Now, i only smoke cigarettes/weed when i'm really stress/sad lol
so $toned aw shit nigga hella mother fucking 666 odd future man bro check out this my swag with the what whole 666 420 $$$$ holla holla get dolla swed cash fucking marijuana cigarettes gangsta gangsta easy-e cream so baked off that bobmarley ganja 420 shit pure og kush legalize crystal weed.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Urgh did nothing today ie fell asleep because I feel sick and just woke up now

Now I'm so behind on my work :(

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fuck it, i'll continue sleeping now and i'll wake up at like 3 or simething to do my homework hahaha

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Dont know what ur talking about there m9 since i'm gonna sleep at 9:30 and wake up at 3 to study
lol the 'im gonna wake up at x time in the morning to study' never works
youre probs just gonna wake up at 3 and be like ceeeeeeeeeebs and go back to sleep

Fawun

Queen
HSC
youre probs just gonna wake up at 3 and be like ceeeeeeeeeebs and go back to sleep
Well if thats the case, i havent done any studying for today and i will be behind

I dont like being behind :(

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It worked for me. I used to sleep at 10 and wake up at 5 and I had the ability to do quite a bit of past paper work before school in those mornings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)