JPMorgan Trading Game 2010 (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
It starts today and I've noticed a few BOSers playing as well.

Just post here with any severe losses or gains over the course of the competition and any thoughts you got on what could be that next uptrending or falling stock to buy or sell?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
It starts today and I've noticed a few BOSers playing as well.

Just post here with any severe losses or gains over the course of the competition and any thoughts you got on what could be that next uptrending or falling stock to buy or sell?
Good idea, I'm just buying blue chip companies atm, but gambling with some small resource stocks (losing equity lol) :hammer:

I've only done FINS1613 btw :p

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm coming 9th at our uni at the moment. Although I don't think it will last... :hammer:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
I'm coming 9th at our uni at the moment. Although I don't think it will last... :hammer:
Good luck dear!!
I've tried playing in the past... you know.... when I was 'younger' ;) LOL
Never really succeeded + didn't put in enough research/time so voila!

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
So after 2 weeks, how is everyone's portfolio going? I came across a few familiar names in the UNSW rankings :p

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
$205000. Not bad considering I haven't done any active trading for nearly 2 weeks. I was at one point, $188000.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
doing crap, only 1k gain. not really playing seriously though..no time

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I gave up :((((( so freaking hard, I don't get it at all! I will retry next year properly after doing some courses about share trading :)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I gave up :((((( so freaking hard, I don't get it at all! I will retry next year properly after doing some courses about share trading :)
lol Don't give up yet, I only have 1 finance course under my belt and my major is accounting 0__o

HSC
Hate to be pessimistic but the comp is basically over for anyone who wasn't on ICN for the massive spike this week.

Regardless, good luck to all.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hate to be pessimistic but the comp is basically over for anyone who wasn't on ICN for the massive spike this week.

Regardless, good luck to all.
Valid point, but there could be another possibility of a similar occurrence :p

Did you get on the ICN train too?

HSC
Valid point, but there could be another possibility of a similar occurrence :p

Did you get on the ICN train too?
Not really, I bought the share fairly early in the game and held. Unfortunately I had a sell order in at around 0.355 on the day of the rise, so the spike triggered my sell order at the low sell price rather than the new high. I still made a fair bit out of it, but not the ridiculous profits some of the other guys are sitting on.

Oh well, still like the game, its good exp. for anyone interested in trading.
Hmm, sounds like you were one of the lucky ones, TehAzner?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Not really, I bought the share fairly early in the game and held. Unfortunately I had a sell order in at around 0.355 on the day of the rise, so the spike triggered my sell order at the low sell price rather than the new high. I still made a fair bit out of it, but not the ridiculous profits some of the other guys are sitting on.

Oh well, still like the game, its good exp. for anyone interested in trading.
Hmm, sounds like you were one of the lucky ones, TehAzner?
That's still pretty good. I saw some people who held on from 0.19, and when it spiked up to 0.6+, that pretty much rocked my world.

I bought it at 0.35 and I sold at 0.51. Those guys who are still holding ICN really should sell it lol. It's going back down again >_>

HSC
That's still pretty good. I saw some people who held on from 0.19, and when it spiked up to 0.6+, that pretty much rocked my world.

I bought it at 0.35 and I sold at 0.51. Those guys who are still holding ICN really should sell it lol. It's going back down again >_>
Wow, nice. You've got to be top 10 at unsw (unless you had some real bad luck before that trade)? I know aye, i'm quitely hoping that they don't sell just to even the field a bit.

But who knows, there seems to be a new super share every week (EWC & ICN so far) and for every person who makes a killing off them there's 10 guys who get on after the rise and make massive losses.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

HSC
Got smashed this last week. Lost almost 15k. Just hoping for a bounce back now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)