Just graduated Year 11. Where to get started with Year 12 personal study? (1 Viewer)

Paradox.101

HSC
We all need to get serious now, so I'd like to kick start myself with a bit of study from time to time in the following/Christmas holidays... but I'm not sure what to study?

From your personal experiences, what should I be studying now to prepare for the HSC... the BOS 2010 HSC syllabus isn't totally all refined yet...

Cheers!

LordPc

HSC
well you could find out what texts you will be studying for english next year and read through those. thats always a good start. it also helps for when later as you can read through them again with your class a 2nd time, but since you already know the story you can start to analyse the text, annotated, etc.

also if you want to do some reading for chem or physics, i wouldnt worry about syllabus changes too much, its not like they will drop the basics of the sciences

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think it helps to get a head start in Maths. During the holidays, get a few Maths textbooks - read ahead, do some exercises, etc.
Do the same with other subjects such as Chemistry and Physics too.

A lot of people are going to be learning ahead over the holidays

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
For starters - you don't graduate Yr 11. :p You just...finish it. :)

But yeah, find our your texts for English, and read them all during holidays. It will be a massive help.

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
Bit too late here. Got two HSC exams coming up.

They're easy as hell though.

Haven't missed a beat in IT with straight 100's in all exams and assessments.

Done fairly well in IPT with 95's-97's.

I'm hopeful :S

As for the remainder of my subjects, I guess i'll have to actually start doing some work at home. :D

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Get ahead in maths, read your texts in english and come up with ideas/write your english creative.

Lukybear

HSC
Change of syllabus? Dosent that apply for 2011 students doing HSC only? Is the math syllabuss changing?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I agree with everyone who said start reading/watching your English texts now. Get some notes together early and you can add to them once you go through the texts in class as well.
And I guess if you do Visual Arts or Music (not sure if you do) start brainstorming some ideas for your body of work or learning some pieces for your practical or coming up with an idea for a viva voce or composition.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The syllabi for all HSC courses is set at this stage.

There are changes to the Assessment policies from the BOS but even those have been set for more than six months.

We are still awaiting the new Specimen Papers for subjects that are having a change to their exam specifications.

Due to the National Curriculum coming on board in 2011 there are some doubts about when new syllabi will be implemented in English, Maths, Science and History as these will need to be considered in the light of the National Curriculum but that is some way away yet.

Paradox.101

HSC
Oh, that makes sense cem, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions, thing is, we haven't been told what our related texts will be for our subjects. I'm pretty sure it'll be Frankenstein and Macbeth for English tho.

I'll draft/brainstorm ideas for both my body of work and creative writing pieces as you guys suggested. Not too sure where to start 'cause we haven't been given any topics or texts :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)