Keyboards (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Finally decided to try a mechanical keyboard to go with my Cooler Master Ergo laptop stand. Didn't realise how thick the Logitech G710+ keyboard cable would be as I measured to make sure it would fit with palm rest on my shallow desk but alas can't fit palm rest.

Need to play some CSGO before I can report on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Any recommendations for keyboards <$200 from JBHIFI?

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I've had the Logitech G413 for about 2y now. A sound mech keyboard, no issues whatsoever... (bought for $150 in 2019, you could get it for under $100 or just over at locations nowadays)
The G512 is the successor but the G413 is probably $100+ cheaper & virtually parallel.

idkkdi

HSC
y only jbhifi lol.
maybe look into stuff like leopold/filco/ducky instead of corsair/logitech and the usual normie stuff.

More important than the keyboard, probably is the switches.
Keyboards for the most part won't feel too different. Switches feel a lot different.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
y only jbhifi lol.
maybe look into stuff like leopold/filco/ducky instead of corsair/logitech and the usual normie stuff.

More important than the keyboard, probably is the switches.
Keyboards for the most part won't feel too different. Switches feel a lot different.
I've got a gift card covering that.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn that budget is more than my entire setup
Big fan of creating an enjoyable WFH environment, and trying to minimise the time needed to work if possible.

What keyboard are you currently using?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've had the Logitech G413 for about 2y now. A sound mech keyboard, no issues whatsoever... (bought for $150 in 2019, you could get it for under $100 or just over at locations nowadays)
The G512 is the successor but the G413 is probably $100+ cheaper & virtually parallel.
Do enjoy the Logitech mice, so will try to physically check out that keyboard. Thanks for the recommendation, will look at the G413.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Big fan of creating an enjoyable WFH environment, and trying to minimise the time needed to work if possible.

What keyboard are you currently using?
integrated with laptop (potato)

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Personally I use a wireless Corsair k63, pretty entry level for a roughly $160 keyboard but it contains cherry red’s if you’re also looking for good switches. May also come with a wrist rest if that’s something which interests you.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait for the "gaming sales" with 20% off all gaming accessories and go for something like a G815 if you don't mind wired (it'll be a little over $200 on sale). I have the wireless version (G915) and it's epic. That being said if you're planning to spend this much on a keyboard you probably want to test out a few to see what keys you like, and also be mindful of the software installations required. Logitech G Hub doesn't annoy me as much as it used to but I hate Corsair's iCue, and Alienware whatever is also pretty rubbish (I previously had an Alienware mouse and hated the buggy UI).

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Wait for the "gaming sales" with 20% off all gaming accessories and go for something like a G815 if you don't mind wired (it'll be a little over $200 on sale). I have the wireless version (G915) and it's epic. That being said if you're planning to spend this much on a keyboard you probably want to test out a few to see what keys you like, and also be mindful of the software installations required. Logitech G Hub doesn't annoy me as much as it used to but I hate Corsair's iCue, and Alienware whatever is also pretty rubbish (I previously had an Alienware mouse and hated the buggy UI).
Yeah planning to do some testing in person. Don't mind wired for keyboards.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Other thing to work out is what type of key switch do you want - reds, blues, browns, etc... Trying them out is the way to go though, but maybe have a bit of a google and see which ones sound appealing to you. I personally am a fan of Blues which are tactile from my G710, and similarly went tactile when I got the G910 (Logitech's version of Romer-G Tactile) and then again with the G915 Tactile.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Any suggestions on good places to test keyboards?

Officeworks? JB Hi-Fi?

(Don't worry will do it after the current Covid-19 situation in Sydney becomes less serious, don't want to be on the news :/ )

idkkdi

HSC

Officeworks? JB Hi-Fi?

(Don't worry will do it after the current Covid-19 situation in Sydney becomes less serious, don't want to be on the news :/ )
no idea tbh, if u want to play safe, cherry brown is basically always safe. It's midway between a red and blue. there are equivalents of these if the keyboard isn't in cherry mx switches.
red's are straight down straight up, blue's are very clicky - u get a clear sense of when u finish a click.
brown's have a click which is lessened. you can feel it, but it's not obnoxiously loud or very feelable.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Officeworks? JB Hi-Fi?

JB Hifi usually has samples of various mechanical keyboard manufacturers on hand in the larger stores at least (eg Broadway) to show off the differences in keys within the same manufacturer.

Harvey Norman also has mechanical keyboards but not as many on display from memory.

Officeworks is a no go IMO.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i thought i was a loser but even i don't have so little shit going on in my life that i can obsess over whether to buy fucking mechanical keyboard or not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)